Thread: We have a posted MOC door sticker!

Post imported post

I don't know if this is the first or not but, I am proud to say that I was able to get a friend Mike Wood who owns a party store in Tyrone township,to place an MOC door sticker on the entrance to the Tyrone party store. This store is south of Fenton located on Center rd.1 blockwest of Hwy 23 (exit 75).

This store is sandwiched between a Kelsey Hayes factory, and the Tyrone golf course, and is a high traffic location. This store is also attached to a well known towing company(Woody's Towing). Mike said the stickers and the cards I left at the counter went fast.

I am working onhim to honor our 5% members discount sticker, but till then I ask that if you are in the area traveling, fishing or just driving by to stop in and check out his store, he hasa little of everything. Pizza, large variety of beer, live bait, sub sanwiches, and he has a large pictorial above the counter of different customers and their hunting and fishing catches.

Post imported post

Don't know how to get both pics in the same post so here is a pic of the store.

Post imported post

Absolutely INCREDIBLE!

Way to go MOC.

Post imported post

Nice!

I really hope that as MOC expands that we can get a big "business alliance" together. Seeing signs like this across the state might be easier than you'd initially think if there were economic incentives, such as discounts at all member businesses for all paying members. It especially makes sense for business owners to post these signs when you factor in that many of us would go well out of our way to buy stuff there.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

That door sticker brought tears to my eyes.

Post imported post

Well done!

Post imported post

Nicely done!
    One day your life is going to flash before your eyes, make it worth watching.

Post imported post

Sweet!

Post imported post

i know where the store is. if i would have known i would have stoped by today on the way to work.it is i wil not be going to work for about 3 months due to lay off. i will stop by the next time i head that way

Post imported post

Well done Conservative85.

I would suggest that anymember who plans to be in the area have extra handouts, card, stickers, etc, to provide the store in case they are out.

Post imported post

That is AWESOME!!! will have to go find it next time I am in the area...

Post imported post

Wish I would have been able to get online and see this last night. Just drove thru that area and hit a gas station for a beverage. Oh well now its marked for next time.

Radioman

Post imported post

conservative85 wrote:
    I don't know if this is the first or not but, I am proud to say that I was able to get a friend Mike Wood who owns a party store in Tyrone township,to place an MOC door sticker on the entrance to the Tyrone party store.
    I think the MOC OC Welcome sticker idea is great. It's a nice grass roots approach.

But the gun graphic is way too big, IMO. Much too conspicuous. There shouldn't even be a gun on the sticker at all.

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    But the gun graphic is way too big, IMO. Much too conspicuous. There shouldn't even be a gun on the sticker at all.
    I see your point, and to an extent I agree with you. However, another way of looking at it is that you've got many people in this state and country who need to have legal gun ownership right in their faces. That is why I firmly believe that open carrying wherever legal is one of the best ways to try to save gun rights in the eyes of the public, so in that respect, I think that exact sign makes sense.

If the difference is to be split sensibly, what might work best is to have half a dozen or more MOC affiliate stickers to chose from, if a business wants to display one.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

I'm afraid I somewhat have to disagree. All of us are trying like hell to desensitise the public from the stigma and fear of even seeing a gun in public. If I could afford it, I would buy my son a 6ft. neon sign to put on the front door of his place. Why do we even consider how big the gun pic should be or not be.... it's the message we want to focus on. Sorry if I offend anyone but I get agitated over the pic of a gun....on a sign, shirt or anywhere.
    Sorry guess I'm just getting old in my old age.

Post imported post

Michigander wrote:
    If the difference is to be split sensibly, what might work best is to have half a dozen or more MOC affiliate stickers to chose from, if a business wants to display one.
    Ahh, yes. Excellent idea. Let the business owner/manager choose. He/she will know his clientele best and what will work for him, for you and the customers. Give the business, your ally, some flexibilityin implementing the message delivery.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    Michigander wrote:
    Ahh, yes. Excellent idea. Let the business owner/manager choose. He/she will know his clientele best and what will work for him, for you and the customers. Give the business, your ally, some flexibilityin implementing the message delivery.
    It only costs money, of which MOC have very little of...so far.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Venator wrote:
    HankT wrote:
    Michigander wrote:
    Ahh, yes. Excellent idea. Let the business owner/manager choose. He/she will know his clientele best and what will work for him, for you and the customers. Give the business, your ally, some flexibility¬*in implementing the message delivery.
    It only costs money, of which MOC have very little of...so far.¬*
    That's what membership dues are for!

By the way, If you're looking to get stickers in bulk, I got that last order from http://stickerrobot.com/ . The business-card size stickers are $150 for 1000. Of course, the larger they get, the more it costs, so a decent-sized bumper sticker will run you $.675 per sticker, or $675 per $1000.

In other words, yes, we need $$$$!

Post imported post

Venator wrote:
    There are many people here who can whip stuff up with photoshop. Them all you have to do is print it off. Maybe even laminate it if you want, or even give it a clear crylon coating. Easy and cheap. Having a bunch of them printed off professionally would be nice, but I don't think it's mandatory.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

Michigander wrote:
    Venator wrote:
    There are many people here who can whip stuff up with photoshop. Them all you have to do is print it off. Maybe even laminate it if you want, or even give it a clear crylon coating. Easy and cheap. Having a bunch of them printed off professionally would be nice, but I don't think it's mandatory.
    A professional sticker will last MUCH longer than a home print job. Case in point Tom's Coney in Flint has one on the inside door and it already is fading and has gotten wet (washing the windows). While lamination does help and to a certain extent clear coat (which I have done) will extend it by a few months, but generally they last a year under the best conditions.

So having them done right presents a better image. Also we want some standardization in what MOC puts out. Note saying someone can't put up whatever they want, but if it comes from MOC I suggest we keep it all the same (Brand recognition you know.)
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

Venator wrote:
    Venator wrote:
    So having them done right presents a better image. Also we want some standardization in what MOC puts out. Note saying someone can't put up whatever they want, but if it comes from MOC I suggest we keep it all the same (Brand recognition you know.)
    There really isn't a brand yet. You're trying to develop a brand.

Brands cannot be built on the cheap. It doesn't work that way.

Regardless of what you know about brands, in general or specifically to the MOC, the key performance variable for the stickers programis: how many are placed?

If the number increases period to period, especially at an increasing rate, then it's going well.

If the number of placements is low, and especially if it does not increase rapidly, then it's not going well.

How many placements have been made so far? Anyone know? Are there any goals for placements? If so, what are the goals?

Post imported post

Venator wrote:
    Michigander wrote:
    Venator wrote:
    A professional sticker will last MUCH longer than a home print job. Case in point Tom's Coney in Flint has one on the inside door and it already is fading and has gotten wet (washing the windows). While lamination does help and to a certain extent clear coat (which I have done) will extend it by a few months, but generally they last a year under the best conditions.

For door/window applications, it would be best to have stickers (vinyl) with the adhesive on the image side. This would help protect the stickers from the Vandals and window washers. I looked over the link Ziggy provided and I didn't see where they offered this type of sticker.

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    Michigander wrote:
    Just a quick note, there were three sizes offered to this particular store owner: small, medium, large. He chose medium. He actually likes the image of the gun. Thanks.