• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

We have a posted MOC door sticker!

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Venator wrote:
Venator wrote:
It only costs money, of which MOC have very little of...so far.
So having them done right presents a better image. Also we want some standardization in what MOC puts out. Note saying someone can't put up whatever they want, but if it comes from MOC I suggest we keep it all the same (Brand recognition you know.)

There really isn't a brand yet. You're trying to develop a brand.

Brands cannot be built on the cheap. It doesn't work that way.

Regardless of what you know about brands, in general or specifically to the MOC, the key performance variable for the stickers programis: how many are placed?

If the number increases period to period, especially at an increasing rate, then it's going well.

If the number of placements is low, and especially if it does not increase rapidly, then it's not going well.

How many placements have been made so far? Anyone know? Are there any goals for placements? If so, what are the goals?

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Venator wrote:
Michigander wrote:
Venator wrote:
It only costs money, of which MOC have very little of...so far.
There are many people here who can whip stuff up with photoshop. Them all you have to do is print it off. Maybe even laminate it if you want, or even give it a clear crylon coating. Easy and cheap. Having a bunch of them printed off professionally would be nice, but I don't think it's mandatory.

A professional sticker will last MUCH longer than a home print job. Case in point Tom's Coney in Flint has one on the inside door and it already is fading and has gotten wet (washing the windows). While lamination does help and to a certain extent clear coat (which I have done) will extend it by a few months, but generally they last a year under the best conditions.

So having them done right presents a better image. Also we want some standardization in what MOC puts out. Note saying someone can't put up whatever they want, but if it comes from MOC I suggest we keep it all the same (Brand recognition you know.)
For door/window applications, it would be best to have stickers (vinyl) with the adhesive on the image side. This would help protect the stickers from the Vandals and window washers. I looked over the link Ziggy provided and I didn't see where they offered this type of sticker.

conservative85

imported post

HankT wrote:
Michigander wrote:
If the difference is to be split sensibly, what might work best is to have half a dozen or more MOC affiliate stickers to chose from, if a business wants to display one.
Ahh, yes. Excellent idea. Let the business owner/manager choose. He/she will know his clientele best and what will work for him, for you and the customers. Give the business, your ally, some flexibilityin implementing the message delivery.
Just a quick note, there were three sizes offered to this particular store owner: small, medium, large. He chose medium. He actually likes the image of the gun. Thanks.