• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wal Mart OC And A Greeter,,,,And Others.

TheMrMitch

imported post

NEVER had any problems at Wal Mart but have heard many a tale.

Well, a few days ago, at the Bardstown, ky store,I returned some printer cartridges and the Greeter was a VERY large black lady. I truely expected a problem as I asked her to mark my return goods. Didn't happen.

She was nice but complained that "Nobody Thinks I do Anything" and thanking me for allowing her to check my returns. Went to customer service and the two ladies never batted an eye while returning my money.

Took that cash to the sports dept and queried about ammo availability. The lady there said they couldn't keep it in stock (I knew that), but they had some bricks of .22 ammo. She said they had plenty and I got two bricks, up from $9 and change to almost $15 per brick.

Not one evil eye the whole trip. Ah lub Ky.:celebrate

Statesman

imported post

But MrMitch, we all know you don't get harassed because you look like a cop. It's the younger generation (not saying you are old 0:) )that gets the blame for being the evil men with guns, right?

TheMrMitch

imported post

Statesman wrote:
But MrMitch, we all know you don't get harassed because you look like a cop. It's the younger generation (not saying you are old 0:) )that gets the blame for being the evil men with guns, right?
Darn it. I TRY to look mean.....'cause I AM old! HehHeh:D

Statesman

imported post

I'll make a bet with ya. Come to Lexington, we both walk in OCing. I say I get tagged first by management, asking me if I am a cop, and if not, cover it up. If we both get tagged, or a swat team arrives because of two gunmen, it's a draw.

$1.00 USD. Hurry though, the dollar is dropping quickly. Pass & spend the buck before it's more useful for starting your wood stove.

For the antis: This is a joke. We're not being serious here. OC is not a game, but we do have a sense of humor.

KY_CCDW

imported post

TheMrMitch wrote:
NEVER had any problems at Wal Mart but have heard many a tale.

Well, a few days ago, at the Bardstown, ky store,I returned some printer cartridges and the Greeter was a VERY large black lady. I truely expected a problem as I asked her to mark my return goods. Didn't happen.

She was nice but complained that "Nobody Thinks I do Anything" and thanking me for allowing her to check my returns. Went to customer service and the two ladies never batted an eye while returning my money.

Took that cash to the sports dept and queried about ammo availability. The lady there said they couldn't keep it in stock (I knew that), but they had some bricks of .22 ammo. She said they had plenty and I got two bricks, up from $9 and change to almost $15 per brick.

Not one evil eye the whole trip. Ah lub Ky.:celebrate
The Wal-Mart in Bardstown has .22 ammo????!!! That's only 25 miles from my house. No other WM has ammo around here, except for shotgun shells.

Butterbone

Erlanger;Boone county side, Kentucky, USA
imported post

Wal-mart in Florence "had" some.

But they were 50rd boxes lr for 1.94, limiting 6 boxes per customer. So I bought six, then my girl bought six, then I had my brother go up and buy the last six. LOL

Yeah the ammo shortage has convinced me that instead of trying to find an Ak, or .308 semi auto, I am just going to purchase a couple more .12 ga pumps, and load up on a range of shot and slug combinations.

Abock33

imported post

Nice to hear you didn't have any trouble. Since I'm new at oc I can't share my stiorie.. I'm still building up enought confidence to carry openly outside of my yard. we need to get a picnic together in NKY. I wanna see all those who carry in NKY, cause I don't see it. I might need to open my eyes more. or get out more.

BigBubba

imported post

Abock33 wrote:
Nice to hear you didn't have any trouble. Since I'm new at oc I can't share my stiorie.. I'm still building up enought confidence to carry openly outside of my yard. we need to get a picnic together in NKY. I wanna see all those who carry in NKY, cause I don't see it. I might need to open my eyes more. or get out more.
agreed, im new to OC, just got my first handgun a few months ago and want to OC but i need to learn more about the rules before carrying in Lexington, wich i never see anyone but LEOs and Armed Security OCing

hotrod

imported post

Abock33 wrote:
You're just missing us. I open carry mostly with an inside the waist type holster. I open carry all over NKY and have had no problem or the first question asked.

hotrod

imported post

BigBubba wrote:
Abock33 wrote:
agreed, im new to OC, just got my first handgun a few months ago and want to OC but i need to learn more about the rules before carrying in Lexington, wich i never see anyone but LEOs and Armed Security OCing
I open carry in Lexington once or twice a month on the way to Somerset. Stopped at the Wal Mart at I75 and Winchester Rd and have never had a problem. Was carrying in downtown Lexington near Rupp last month. I know Lexington is a little on the liberal side, but, they know whats legal and whats not.

Statesman

imported post

hotrod wrote:
BigBubba wrote:
Abock33 wrote:
I open carry in Lexington once or twice a month on the way to Somerset. Stopped at the Wal Mart at I75 and Winchester Rd and have never had a problem. Was carrying in downtown Lexington near Rupp last month. I know Lexington is a little on the liberal side, but, they know whats legal and whats not.
But, as I mentioned with Mr. Mitch, I'd be willing to bet you look like a LEO. If you do, you probably won't get much hassle.

hotrod

imported post

Statesman wrote:
hotrod wrote:
BigBubba wrote:
Abock33 wrote:
But, as I mentioned with Mr. Mitch, I'd be willing to bet you look like a LEO. If you do, you probably won't get much hassle.
6'3 with a goatee. I look like "leave me alone". I am comfortable carrying openly and have little expectation of anyone bothering me and if they do I am comfortable in telling them to charge me or let me go now

TheMrMitch

imported post

Forget shirt and filly on my left. I'm 67 yrs old and still holding!;)

Picture161.jpg

aj2182

imported post

Was asked by assit. manager if I had a permit for my glock, was carrying it in open. I said no, I explained my right to carry it in the open, and he asked me to leave the store and to place pistol in my truck then come and do my shopping. Is that legal?

KY_CCDW

imported post

aj2182 wrote:
Was asked by assit. manager if I had a permit for my glock, was carrying it in open. I said no, I explained my right to carry it in the open, and he asked me to leave the store and to place pistol in my truck then come and do my shopping. Is that legal?
Yes.

BigBubba

imported post

aj2182 wrote:
yes, and not acting on their request to take your firearm to your vehicle constitutes criminal trespassing. so it is wise just to put your gun in the glove box and come back and finish your shopping, or go shop somewhere that can respect your right to open carry.