• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Found some .45 ACP

MSC 45ACP

imported post

You aren't a nut, really. I've carried Goldern Sabres since I asked my old family doctor (who was Ship's Surgeon aboard USS IOWA during Korea) what he thought about different rounds.

He had experience in Korea and into private practice in Norfolk at DePaul until he retired in the early 80's. He had performed surgery on many gunshot victims over the years. When I showed him a Golden Sabre and asked what he thought about them, he told me he had taken two of them out of a guy that tried to rob the Tinee Giant convenience store on Thole (near Tidewater Dr). he said they had done so much damage inside the guy it looked like "a bomb had gone off inside him". he couldn't save the guy because the rounds had "grabbed" stuff during expansion and pulled them right through the exit point. There was no chance of repairing the guy's intestines because so much was MISSING from the area. You can't fix what isn't there anymore. That gave me a warm fuzzy about carrying them...

CRF250rider1000

imported post

That brings me back to this past Sunday when I was teaching my friend Lauren how to shoot. I held up a 115gr CCI 9mm round and a 124gr Speer Gold Dot +P next to each other and told her that she wanted to get hit with the FMJ target round if she ever got shot and wanted to shoot BG's with the Gold Dot. Then I explained why and she gave me the :shock: face when I was talking about the Gold Dot. :p

Neplusultra

imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
That brings me back to this past Sunday when I was teaching my friend Lauren how to shoot. I held up a 115gr CCI 9mm round and a 124gr Speer Gold Dot +P next to each other and told her that she wanted to get hit with the FMJ target round if she ever got shot and wanted to shoot BG's with the Gold Dot. Then I explained why and she gave me the :shock: face when I was talking about the Gold Dot. :p
So *this* is how you get the women....

CRF250rider1000

imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
CRF250rider1000 wrote:
She actually disagrees with me that I should carry and was skeptical about shooting. She did very well I was happy with her shooting. Lauren is one of my best girl friends:) I need to get my friend Taylor shooting now! She wants to get her CHP when she turns 21 and wants to carry something in her purse. :celebrateMy friends don't like the fact that I carry, but know that it's me and I think that is why they are not against it.

Neplusultra

imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
Neplusultra wrote:
CRF250rider1000 wrote:
She actually disagrees with me that I should carry and was skeptical about shooting. She did very well I was happy with her shooting. Lauren is one of my best girl friends:) I need to get my friend Taylor shooting now! She wants to get her CHP when she turns 21 and wants to carry something in her purse. :celebrateMy friends don't like the fact that I carry, but know that it's me and I think that is why they are not against it.
Tell Taylor she doesn't have to wait until she's 21, she can OC now :^). Then tell her about OCDO..

CRF250rider1000

imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
CRF250rider1000 wrote:
Neplusultra wrote:
CRF250rider1000 wrote:
Tell Taylor she doesn't have to wait until she's 21, she can OC now :^). Then tell her about OCDO..
She disagrees with open carry and her parents are VERY strict. It isn't worth it. I'm going to take her shooting soon and maybe I can get her into that first then work from there:lol: I'm lucky these girls love me even though I'm a gun nut:shock:

MSC 45ACP

imported post

If you want to take Bridget shooting with you when you have the girls with you, you're more than welcome to. She'll go to the range anytime! Your female friends would be pleasantly suprised by an 18 year old female OC'er I would think.

CRF250rider1000

imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
If you want to take Bridget shooting with you when you have the girls with you, you're more than welcome to. She'll go to the range anytime! Your female friends would be pleasantly suprised by an 18 year old female OC'er I would think.
If I ever bring any of them down I will certainly let you know. I think the big convincing factor for these girls to come down here is VA beach lol

MSC 45ACP

imported post

Cool. Sorry, I thought they were local ODU girls, not NOVA girls. Bridget needs to find some "like-minded" friends around here her age... I have my application for Lafayette pending :?... We'll see how long THAT takes. I think I need to wait until someone dies, first.

:cuss:

CRF250rider1000

imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
Cool. Sorry, I thought they were local ODU girls, not NOVA girls. Bridget needs to find some "like-minded" friends around here her age... I have my application for Lafayette pending :?... We'll see how long THAT takes. I think I need to wait until someone dies, first.

:cuss:
Yea they are NOVA girls. I am not at ODU on the weekends much. I'm either at CNU, JMU, VT, or at home in NOVA. I usually get to the range at night during the week when it's quiet.

nova

imported post

Hey you should introduce me to them! Then they'll see that its not just you who OCs and that other perfectly normal people do it (well maybe not perfectly normal! hahaha:uhoh: )

Maybe when you're back we can hit up the range? If we go to SEG I can bring some guns I don't shoot often for a change (I've only shot my carry guns for the past 6 months).

CRF250rider1000

imported post

We'll see what happens. I'll invite you out sometime with us in NOVA man. It's almost worth it to drive down to Newport News where we can all shoot for free:celebrate Ok well mostly. We call call get in free on my membership lol

nova

imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
We'll see what happens. I'll invite you out sometime with us in NOVA man. It's almost worth it to drive down to Newport News where we can all shoot for free:celebrate Ok well mostly. We call call get in free on my membership lol
that'd be cool too! I have access to some neat guns I could probably bring, like an M1 Carbine, Colt AR15 (20"), folding stock AK, etc.) and my own "tacticool" shotgun :lol:

Neplusultra

imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:

Hey I'll go with, you guys need someone older to chaperon right? :D

CRF250rider1000

imported post

nova wrote:
CRF250rider1000 wrote:
that'd be cool too! I have access to some neat guns I could probably bring, like an M1 Carbine, Colt AR15 (20"), folding stock AK, etc.) and my own "tacticool" shotgun :lol:
If you shoot slugs you can shoot on the regular range. If you want to shoot buckshot or whatever you have to talk to the RO and set up special targets.

nova

imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
nova wrote:
CRF250rider1000 wrote:
If you shoot slugs you can shoot on the regular range. If you want to shoot buckshot or whatever you have to talk to the RO and set up special targets.
Hmmm maybe just the AR then? I'm low on slugs and they aint cheap! :lol:

crazydude6030

imported post

I knew ammo was getting hard to find, but if i had to pay that i would just sale my guns and take up fishing or something.

Edit: Second thought, I wonder how much i could sell my 500 rounds of .40 for :shock: