• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Found some .45 ACP

NavyBlue99TA

imported post

I've been scowering the Norfolk area looking for some .45 ACP ammo and I finally found a bunch over at Superior Pawn & Gun on Virginia Beach Blvd. Decent prices (considering) with both practice and self defense loads in stock. Check their website for directions: http://www.superiorpawn.com/

Don't buy their stripped AR-15 lowers tho! Their S&W M&P-15 stripped lowers were listed at $300 while A&P Arms over on Lynnhaven has the same at only $170!

Just thought some of you might be interested since The Armory, Bob's Guns and even the Bass Pro Shop were out of .45 ACP of all types.

NavyBlue99TA

imported post

Glad my running around helped more than just me. :) I blew that place off for a long time since I'm a little biased against pawn shops, but this place is very well done. Just gotta do a little homework on prices before you go.

Joed757

imported post

NavyBlue99TA wrote:
Glad my running around helped more than just me.  :)  I blew that place off for a long time since I'm a little biased against pawn shops, but this place is very well done.  Just gotta do a little homework on prices before you go.
Oh Thanks You Much I was losing my mind on where and how to get ammo. Hopfully they stay in stock I will get more next week as well its a great place to be a pawn shop really.

Neplusultra

imported post

I'm sitting on a big fat stock of reloading supplies. I'm only a little low on powder and perhaps primers. Anyone know the stock status of these items? Perhaps I should be looking for some additional for myself....

nova

imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
I'm sitting on a big fat stock of reloading supplies. I'm only a little low on powder and perhaps primers. Anyone know the stock status of these items? Perhaps I should be looking for some additional for myself....
I just got another 2 lbs of Unique locally, I use Unique for .38, .357mag (now that 2400 is nowhere to be found and I'm saving the remaining bit for .44mag), .45acp, and 9mm. I have about 2K primers put away and enough bullets to last me hopefully until this rush is over.

Neplusultra

imported post

nova wrote:
Neplusultra wrote:
I just got another 2 lbs of Unique locally, I use Unique for .38, .357mag (now that 2400 is nowhere to be found and I'm saving the remaining bit for .44mag), .45acp, and 9mm. I have about 2K primers put away and enough bullets to last me hopefully until this rush is over.
I have plenty of powder for .45, I'm more concerned for the .223. I usually use reloader 15 but am down to one pound, thought I had another one but can't find it..... Do you have a favorite for .223? I might look around to see if they have that if the don't have the 15. How much were you paying? I imagine prices have gone up on powder and primers too. Oh, I usually shoot 62 and 75 grain bullets in the .223.

nova

imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
nova wrote:
until this rush is over.
I almost just fell on the floor laughing!

Yes I'm laughing at you not with you haha
Sadly I think you're right! :cry: I don't see it ending anytime soon!

nova

imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
nova wrote:
Neplusultra wrote:
I have plenty of powder for .45, I'm more concerned for the .223. I usually use reloader 15 but am down to one pound, thought I had another one but can't find it..... Do you have a favorite for .223? I might look around to see if they have that if the don't have the 15. How much were you paying? I imagine prices have gone up on powder and primers too. Oh, I usually shoot 62 and 75 grain bullets in the .223.
I don't reload .223, but I have the dies for .30-06. No powder or bullets though! Needless to say I've been shooting my 7.62x54R more than my .30-06 as I have a limited supply of CMP .30-06 left :?

livitup

imported post

Here's what I would be doing this weekend... If I could find any primers.

3494614313_97070fb1d1.jpg

Anyone know how/where to get some? There's only one non-big-box store near me that carries reloading supplies, and they haven't had any in ages. I call the Bass Pro in Ashland every once in a while and they laugh at me.

The reloading dealer at the Dulles gun show sold out of primers in the first few hours. He was down to his last case of large pistol magnum when I got there about 6 PM Friday.

I'm planning on being there when the doors open for the Richmond show... anybody else got ideas? I'm down to my last 100 small pistol primers, and I've been out of large for a while now.

CRF250rider1000

imported post

I sent my dad to Walmart today. They were sold out as usual. The guy at the counter said that they have already sold $12,000 in ammo today:what:They get shipments in every day of ammo but they are gone within a couple hours and he sees the SAME FREAKING HOARDERS EVERY NIGHT!:cuss: Please your hoarders allow the rest of us to get some ammo:)

MSC 45ACP

imported post

:cuss:What a bunch of !#@$^%^!@#$%@#%$#$% hoarding ammo like that!

I think I need to shoot some of my hardball cause its kinda old. Its some of my old practice ammo from my match days with an "86" headstamp. I always shoot my oldest stuff first at the range. it still works.

NavyBlue99TA

imported post

Let's see, the practice range ammo (cheapest avail) was 25.99 per 50 and the Golden Sabers were 31.99 per 25 rounds. Not bad considering. They alsohad not so cheap practice ammo as well. Unfortunately I forgot to look for reloading materials.

MSC 45ACP

imported post

I didn't know they still sold Golden Sabres. I have some really old ones in my carry mags now. I think I need to shoot them and get some fresh ones. :)

NavyBlue99TA

imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
I usually shoot the 69 grain Sierra HPBT and normally use Varget, but have used H4895 or IMR4895 in a pinch. I tend to have more of the 4895 on hand for 7.62x51 and .30-06 use. Afraid I can't comment on current prices as most of my stuff is left over from a couple years ago before my work schedule put most of my reloading on hold.

NavyBlue99TA

imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
I didn't know they still sold Golden Sabres. I have some really old ones in my carry mags now. I think I need to shoot them and get some fresh ones. :)

I know appearances don't mean much to terminal performance, but I have to say the Golden Sabers are a damn good looking round. :cool: The Hydra-shoks have that impressive looking center post, but the Sabers are just striking. Granted, I normally carry some boring old Black Hills, but like I said, looks aren't everything.

Yeah, I know I'm a nut. :celebrate:D