Thread: OC in Columbia?

Post imported post

I tried searching and came up with nothing. Does anyone have details on open carry in Columbia, MO?

Thank you,
    ~Jason

Post imported post

Anything?

Post imported post

jasons wrote:
    Anything?
    Where have you looked for your answers? Two seconds with google and you will learn a lot. Your G2G.

http://www.gocolumbiamo.com/Council/..._PDF/index.php

Div. 16. Weapons Offenses, §§ 16-246--16-248

Post imported post

I've searched through there before, but can not find specifics. I obviously don't know where to look. What portion of that site are you looking at?

Post imported post

Jason,

Columbia follows the state statute when it comes to Open Carry, meaning that it is legal on public property where there are no signs posted.

-HOpe that helps...I would still like to interview you when you can, hopefully today or tomorrow

Thanks
    Charlie

Post imported post

Team,

If you give an interview, please understand and know the law. When I went to testify on HB875, another person (testifying on another bill) was wearing his "don't tread on me" t-shirt. Started stating in a raised voice (understandable, adrenaline running when giving public speaking)how Obama was trying to take our guns. Had no facts to back up his arguments and wasn't able to answer questions asked of him. There is nothing wrong with having your say (its our government)but your actions doreflect onothers.

We have a very good chance to get this passed this year and it will only take one person, that doesn't understandwhat they are talking about to "get their name in the paper"and make us all look bad. Remember, what you said or meant, doesn't mean that is the way its going to be reported.

Also, the lifting of the university ban for CCW holders is just that...it will still be illegal for college students or anybody else to carry, unless they have a permit (nobody below 21 with a mo permit). It will still be illegal to drink while being in the possession firearm, even with a permit and I'm hoping this is in your emails to your senator when you are explaining to them WHY it should be passed?

Thoughts?

Post imported post

I appreciate the offer, but I feel there are far more knowledgeable people on the subject.

Thank you again for the offer,
    ~Jason

Post imported post

I believe the part he's referencing is Div. 16. Weapons Offenses, §§ 16-246--16-248 of the ordinances. While we're on the topic of OC in Columbia...do you have to be 23 (like CCW age), 21, or is there no statutory limit on OC as long as you can lawfully possess a handgun (assuming you're 18+)?