• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Columbia?

jasons

imported post

I tried searching and came up with nothing. Does anyone have details on open carry in Columbia, MO?

Thank you,
~Jason

jasons

imported post

I've searched through there before, but can not find specifics. I obviously don't know where to look. What portion of that site are you looking at?

Chazmac09

imported post

Jason,

Columbia follows the state statute when it comes to Open Carry, meaning that it is legal on public property where there are no signs posted.

-HOpe that helps...I would still like to interview you when you can, hopefully today or tomorrow

Thanks
Charlie

Article1section23

imported post

Team,

If you give an interview, please understand and know the law. When I went to testify on HB875, another person (testifying on another bill) was wearing his "don't tread on me" t-shirt. Started stating in a raised voice (understandable, adrenaline running when giving public speaking)how Obama was trying to take our guns. Had no facts to back up his arguments and wasn't able to answer questions asked of him. There is nothing wrong with having your say (its our government)but your actions doreflect onothers.

We have a very good chance to get this passed this year and it will only take one person, that doesn't understandwhat they are talking about to "get their name in the paper"and make us all look bad. Remember, what you said or meant, doesn't mean that is the way its going to be reported.

Also, the lifting of the university ban for CCW holders is just that...it will still be illegal for college students or anybody else to carry, unless they have a permit (nobody below 21 with a mo permit). It will still be illegal to drink while being in the possession firearm, even with a permit and I'm hoping this is in your emails to your senator when you are explaining to them WHY it should be passed?

Thoughts?

jasons

imported post

I appreciate the offer, but I feel there are far more knowledgeable people on the subject.

Thank you again for the offer,
~Jason

JBauer

imported post

I believe the part he's referencing is Div. 16. Weapons Offenses, §§ 16-246--16-248 of the ordinances. While we're on the topic of OC in Columbia...do you have to be 23 (like CCW age), 21, or is there no statutory limit on OC as long as you can lawfully possess a handgun (assuming you're 18+)?