Thread: Journalists working on O.C. story

Post imported post

I am a journalist working on a story about the open carry laws in Mid Missouri. Through our research we have found that in mid Missouri only Mexico has passed an ordinance banning open carry, it is legal everywhere else.

I would like to interview an open carrier from mid missouri. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Please E-mail me at csm6f7@mizzou.edu if you can help. Thanks

Charlie

Post imported post

Chazmac09 wrote:
    I am a journalist working on a story about the open carry laws in Mid Missouri. Through our research we have found that in mid Missouri only Mexico has passed an ordinance banning open carry, it is legal everywhere else.

I would like to interview an open carrier from mid missouri. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Please E-mail me at csm6f7@mizzou.edu if you can help. Thanks

Charlie
    Umm... what is mid-Missouri?

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

Chazmac09 wrote:

Charlie
    That sounds right - i believe onlya handful of localities ban open carry due to a loophole int he current preemption statute. That's fixin' to be fixed this year i think. Only a few states have weak gun law preemption like MO.

Post imported post

Chazmac09 wrote:

Charlie
    Not muchof a journalist, if this is your only research search!! and2 post to top that?? Did this guy disolve or what?

Post imported post

You gots an Mehico in Mizzouri?

Post imported post

TheMrMitch wrote:
    There is also a Nevada. It is pronounced with the long "a" sound, not the short "a", like the state.

Post imported post

TheMrMitch wrote:
    Home of Graf & Sons, one of the best places to buy ammo and reloading components!

Mexico is only 40 miles from Columbia, home of Midway USA.