• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Local IDPA, USPSA, IPSC matches

essayons

imported post

I really want to get into competitive shooting, but I can never find out any match info ahead of time.

Anyone know of some regular local (~100 miles of Richmond) matches, or where I can find match information?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

essayons wrote:
I really want to get into competitive shooting, but I can never find out any match info ahead of time.

Anyone know of some regular local (~100 miles of Richmond) matches, or where I can find match information?
Call the shooting ranges in your area. They will likely have the match schedule for their range. Or be able to put you in touch with the league coordinator for your area.

kaiheitai17

Founder's Club Member
imported post

There's probably at least three places in, near and around Richmondthat has IDPA.

Check out, http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/VAIDPA/Get on the email list and you'll usually have a weeks notification of the next match.

There are matches at Cavalier every 4th Sunday, matches at Dominion, matches at Rivana (Charlottesville, I think), matches at Black Creek. I shoot at the Cavalier matches cause the others are further away. Lots of fun and some really nice people.

ETA info

cdpmaster

imported post

within 100 miles of richmond, you have the following:

TSA, which is a knockoff of idpa. Google Tactical Shooting Academy and DR Middlebrooks. It is in Surry, VA

Norfolk on Wednesday nights @ www.ncrr.net

Blackwater on the 4th Sunday is USPSA. www.blackwaterpracticalshooters.com

Rivanna in Charlottesville is IDPA and 3rd Saturday. www.rrpc.org

Black Creek in Mechanicsville, IDPA, 2d Saturday. the yahoo group vaidpa

Fredericksburg 1st Sunday. USPSA. www.fredericksburgps.com

Cavalier 4th Sunday IDPA. the yahoo group vaidpa

If you are willing to expand to 150 miles, there are more choices. www.uspsa.org