Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Cville OC (Charlottesville)

Post imported post

Open carry in the 7-11 on Greenbrier. Went in , got my Super Big GUlp at lunch time. Store was full, no comments cute Indian girl working the counter who likes to flirt. No comments , not even a :what:. Woodbrooks Sports, no problem there DUH. Stopped and got gas at the Exxon on the corner of 29 and Hydraulic, no problem, chatted with the cute girl getting gas next to me. See a pattern here? All in all a good day.
    Fixed
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 04-20-2017 at 08:53 AM. Reason: rule #19

Post imported post

Goliath wrote:
    Open carry in the 7-11 on Greenbrier. Went in , got my Super Big GUlp at lunch time. Store was full, no comments cute Indian girl working the counter who likes to flirt. No comments , not even a :what:. Woodbrooks Sports, no problem there DUH. Stopped and got gas at the Exxon on the corner of 29 and Hydraulic, no problem, chatted with the cute girl getting gas next to me. See a pattern here? All in all a good day.
    Yeah. There are LOTS of cute girls in Charlottesville!!!!!
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 12-09-2015 at 10:42 AM. Reason: edited quote to conform to rules

Post imported post

No! This can't be true.

We've been told by another poster that if you even thought about OCing inCharlottesville/Albemarle Countyyou would be arrested and sent to Guantimo.

Or could it be that our former LEO poster was not exactly right?

Glad to hear you are out and about, spreading the happiness. Next thing is to find others in the areawho also OC. After that, why, you might end up getting together as a group to go out to eat.

stay safe.

skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Post imported post

I carry in cville all the time... Like right now. Just left Walmart, stocked up on targets and some other gun stuff, at harris teeter right now, going to be in the uva area for the remainder of the day.

A lot more people notice my new carry piece than my last one, but still no real negative experiences. I've only been asked to leave one place ever, the Shell station on pantops.

Edit to add...

And the uva thing that's linked in the "Interesting Gun Policy" thread about uva. I need reinforcements to head back on campus.

Post imported post

I've never seen anyone open carrying, and I've been looking for a little over a year.

And the uva thing.... what a fun day that was. Next time I'm stopped I will not identify myslef. I'm tired of it, they don't seem to know what a Terry Stop is.

We'll see what happens tonight

Post imported post

C Ville ...

Is it Charlottesville or Centreville..??????

Post imported post

I seem to be most of the published data... I've been stopped and talked to, but other than the uva cops I've never been drawn on, I've never be disarmed, and I've never been held for more than a few minutes. I know that absolutely nothing should happen, but what has happened is minor in my book. To say that OC is not tolerated in the area is quite an overstatement.

Post imported post

Got ya, my theory is that you are incorrect.

One out of very very many people notice at all, I would estimate that one out of twenty that do notice have a negative reaction. Out of all the times I've carried I've been stopped by a police officer maybe 10 times total. As I said before, getting stopped at all is a negative, but I certainly wouldn't consider the area to be anti OC.

Post imported post

double tap

Post imported post

triple tap... stupid blackberry

Post imported post

"The uva incident" and last night are the only times I've ever been asked for my information, every other time its been dropped after "how are you doing?/why do you have a gun?" I feel that at this point in the open carry situation that's good. Like you said, its a pretty small town, I've met most of the cops one way or another. After my first meeting, I've never had a second with the same officer, I just get a nod and sometimes a hello. I wish I never had to talk to cops about having a gun, but I understand it isn't common around here and am willing to inform them so they get used to it.

I get way more negative comments in richmond than charlottesville, considering how much bigger of a city richmond is (and how many more OCers there are) I consider that a good thing.

Post imported post

Interesting... I may be moving down there in March....
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Sheriff wrote:
    WTF???????? I don't classify that as acceptable since the city and county are so small.:shock:
    Ten times is unacceptable? How about five, or three? "Cummon Honey, you're gonna get screwed! We're just haggling about the price now!"

Post imported post

me and a few friends are planning on oc'ing and handing out copys of the constitutionaround the downtown areathe sunday before obama is sworn in

Post imported post

Nothing wrong about handing out the Constitution (except that most folks won't bother to read it. If they did we wouldn't be in such a mess). How about also handing out info on VCDL? You could get their info from the website and xerox it. Increasing VCDL membership can do something substantial for our 2nd amendment rights!

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

mystert85 wrote:
    me and a few friends are planning on oc'ing and handing out copys of the constitutionaround the downtown areathe sunday before obama is sworn in
    This sounds interesting....

Can you whip up some info about when and where so others might join the fun?

Thanks,
    chuck

Post imported post

I OC in Charlottesville all the time, but alas, I too have never seen another open carrier around. The only place I get the :what: is on the university campus.

Post imported post

I've OC'd in Charlottesville before (but mostly conceal), but have never seen another OCer.

Post imported post

Oc'd numerous times in C'ville and will do so again as we are scouting areas to reside.

[line]
    I will post the next time we head down so we can have a OC event if any one is interested.

[line]
    I wanted to head to Rivanna (http://www.rrpc.org/index.php) for a IDPA match, maybe a group of us could do that then go out for lunch afterwards.

IDPA calendar not yet posted.
    [line]

On a side note can anyone recommend areas to look at? Pm please.

Marco
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

In C'ville today on business, OC'd on Main st. walking from my hotel down to Mellow Mushroom Pizza and back. No one even gave me a second glance.

Post imported post

zoom6zoom wrote:
    In C'ville today on business, OC'd on Main st. walking from my hotel down to Mellow Mushroom Pizza and back. No one even gave me a second glance.
    When I was in C'ville the other day I had trouble at Wal-Mart. You can read about it in my thread about does anyone have the number for Wal-Mart corporate. I called corporate and filed a complaint and they told me they would have the manager of that store "insert her name here" investigate and call me back. I can't remember what her name was. They told me I should hear from her no later than Thursday but it could be as early as the next day. This was not last night but the night before. I still haven't heard from her so maybe I will tomorrow. I'd really like to know what her take on this is.

Post imported post

Agent19 wrote:
    Oc'd numerous times in C'ville and will do so again as we are scouting areas to reside.
    I know some people like Charlottesville but it would for sure not be my pick of places to live. I've been to much nicer places in VA imo. While I have met a couple nice people it's been just that a couple. I've met a lot more jerks in that town than normal. I also don't know that I've ever dealt with a local business there that was a good experience. I take that back I know of one. Of course there aren't a ton of places there that I have been to.

Post imported post

Since I was told I would receive a call by Thursday at latest. If I don't hear by mid day tomorrow should I call corporate back to see what the update is and why I haven't gotten a call or should I just let it go?

EDIT Meant to post that in my Wal-Mart thread.

Post imported post

hometheaterman wrote:
    Since I was told I would receive a call by Thursday at latest. If I don't hear by mid day tomorrow should I call corporate back to see what the update is and why I haven't gotten a call or should I just let it go?

EDIT Meant to post that in my Wal-Mart thread.
    Do NOT let it go! Follow up and make sure that managers do not suffer from ignorance, or trample your rights because of personal prejudices (whichever may be the case).

stay safe.

skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Richmond - Charlottesville, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

OC'd at Jimmy John's, yesterday. Had one customer practically staring a hole into me, but no issues.

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast