• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cville OC (Charlottesville)

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Nothing wrong about handing out the Constitution (except that most folks won't bother to read it. If they did we wouldn't be in such a mess). How about also handing out info on VCDL? You could get their info from the website and xerox it. Increasing VCDL membership can do something substantial for our 2nd amendment rights!

useful_idiot

Founder's Club Member
imported post

mystert85 wrote:
me and a few friends are planning on oc'ing and handing out copys of the constitutionaround the downtown areathe sunday before obama is sworn in
This sounds interesting....

Can you whip up some info about when and where so others might join the fun?

Thanks,
chuck

:cool:

Marco

imported post

Oc'd numerous times in C'ville and will do so again as we are scouting areas to reside.

[line]
I will post the next time we head down so we can have a OC event if any one is interested.

[line]
I wanted to head to Rivanna (http://www.rrpc.org/index.php) for a IDPA match, maybe a group of us could do that then go out for lunch afterwards.

IDPA calendar not yet posted.
[line]

On a side note can anyone recommend areas to look at? Pm please.

Marco

hometheaterman

imported post

zoom6zoom wrote:
In C'ville today on business, OC'd on Main st. walking from my hotel down to Mellow Mushroom Pizza and back. No one even gave me a second glance.
When I was in C'ville the other day I had trouble at Wal-Mart. You can read about it in my thread about does anyone have the number for Wal-Mart corporate. I called corporate and filed a complaint and they told me they would have the manager of that store "insert her name here" investigate and call me back. I can't remember what her name was. They told me I should hear from her no later than Thursday but it could be as early as the next day. This was not last night but the night before. I still haven't heard from her so maybe I will tomorrow. I'd really like to know what her take on this is.

hometheaterman

imported post

Agent19 wrote:
Oc'd numerous times in C'ville and will do so again as we are scouting areas to reside.
I know some people like Charlottesville but it would for sure not be my pick of places to live. I've been to much nicer places in VA imo. While I have met a couple nice people it's been just that a couple. I've met a lot more jerks in that town than normal. I also don't know that I've ever dealt with a local business there that was a good experience. I take that back I know of one. Of course there aren't a ton of places there that I have been to.

hometheaterman

imported post

Since I was told I would receive a call by Thursday at latest. If I don't hear by mid day tomorrow should I call corporate back to see what the update is and why I haven't gotten a call or should I just let it go?

EDIT Meant to post that in my Wal-Mart thread.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

hometheaterman wrote:
Since I was told I would receive a call by Thursday at latest. If I don't hear by mid day tomorrow should I call corporate back to see what the update is and why I haven't gotten a call or should I just let it go?

EDIT Meant to post that in my Wal-Mart thread.

Do NOT let it go! Follow up and make sure that managers do not suffer from ignorance, or trample your rights because of personal prejudices (whichever may be the case).

stay safe.

skidmark

muzz3256

imported post

leprechaun117 wrote:
OC'd at Little John's today for lunch. All over downtown last evening, as well as Harris Teeter, Barnes and Noble and WalMart. No issues.
The owner of Little John's is VERY pro gun and a really nice guy. It's just too bad that it difficult to find parking there.

-muzz

leprechaun117

imported post

muzz3256 wrote:
leprechaun117 wrote:
OC'd at Little John's today for lunch. All over downtown last evening, as well as Harris Teeter, Barnes and Noble and WalMart. No issues.
The owner of Little John's is VERY pro gun and a really nice guy. It's just too bad that it difficult to find parking there.

-muzz

I've never had a problem there, always get plenty of stares from the UVA kids. Parking is terrible, I usually end up in the corner lot, $1 an hour isn't too bad. As long as they remember to leave the mayo and slaw off my 5 Easy I'm happy.

muzz3256

imported post

leprechaun117 wrote:
muzz3256 wrote:
leprechaun117 wrote:

-muzz

I've never had a problem there, always get plenty of stares from the UVA kids. Parking is terrible, I usually end up in the corner lot, $1 an hour isn't too bad. As long as they remember to leave the mayo and slaw off my 5 Easy I'm happy.
The only bad OC experience I've ever had was sitting on the bench outside of Little John's, and it wasn't their fault, it was the sheeple known as UVa students. Even then the officer was excellent, it was the Sgt. who was being arrogant. It's the Sampson for the win.

-muzz

leprechaun117

imported post

muzz3256 wrote:
leprechaun117 wrote:
muzz3256 wrote:
leprechaun117 wrote:

-muzz

The only bad OC experience I've ever had was sitting on the bench outside of Little John's, and it wasn't their fault, it was the sheeple known as UVa students. Even then the officer was excellent, it was the Sgt. who was being arrogant. It's the Sampson for the win.

-muzz

I've enjoyed many a Sampson.

The only time I've had a real problem (guns on me) was when someone on the corner called the cops. I guess they were pissed it took an hour to find the redhead kid on a bright yellow bike.

Now I want a double gus burger. Mmmmmm

Sheriff

imported post

muzz3256 wrote:
.... Even then the officer was excellent, it was the Sgt. who was being arrogant.

Probably the same sergeant I currently have a $4 million dollar lawsuit against! :lol:

bnkrazy

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Looks like C'ville has quite a few OC friendly businesses. Why not add them to the http://friendorfoe.thesecond.us tool? I know, shameless plug.

It would be nice to see how much OC acceptability there actually is in C'ville though, as that's one of my "retirement destinations." Of course, that'll be another 20+ years...

leprechaun117

imported post

bnkrazy wrote:
Looks like C'ville has quite a few OC friendly businesses.  Why not add them to the http://friendorfoe.thesecond.us tool? I know, shameless plug.

It would be nice to see how much OC acceptability there actually is in C'ville though, as that's one of my "retirement destinations."  Of course, that'll be another 20+ years...

I've been asked to leave one store, the Shell on Pantops, other than that every store in Charlottesville has been OC friendly.

Walked the Downtown Mall last night, dropped by Afficianados Cigar Shop (a favorite hang out for the cops.) No officers inside, not a word about my 1911.

hometheaterman

imported post

Sheriff wrote:
muzz3256 wrote:
.... Even then the officer was excellent, it was the Sgt. who was being arrogant.

Probably the same sergeant I currently have a $4 million dollar lawsuit against! :lol:
What's the story here? Doesn't really surprise me though.