• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MDOT Adopt-A-Highway

SQLtables

imported post

I know this has been brought up before, but it's pick-up season. In fact, we already missed the first period. I noticed today that a stretch of 54/83 going into Birch Run is available.

Is anybody interested in participating if MOC adopts this stretch?

I just want to get some idea of the interest, so I can talk it over with the board, etc... and submit the application. The next pick-up is July 11-19 and then September 12-20.

http://www.michigan.gov/mdot/0,1607,7-151-9621_11041_14408---,00.html

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...3.248079,-83.739681&spn=0.06727,0.154495&z=13

THway

imported post

as i explained in the post i made about this.... anyone can adopt a highway... so long as YOU meet the requirements... if i remember correctly you have to have 6 or more individuals on the roster that is submitted to MDOT. everyone must have a vest, so on and so on... unless they changed the pick up dates for the freeway trash... if you miss more than 3 pickups in a row... you will loose your highway... i suggest you make sure the individuals who is on the roster are your first draft pics... the most reliable... everyone else can follow.... i will have to bump my thread back up...

Generaldet

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
imported post

Ok guys time to get moving on this. We need volunteers to make this happen.

Our goal is to have a few different sections of road. For starters one in the SE region and one in the SW region. For the SE I'm looking at the I-75/ 696 area 2nd option would be the 696/275 area. We need a minimum of three people but I would like to get 10 in each region.

I'd like to get the form in by early next week so.....

Volunteers?

UCWT

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
anything between lansing and jackson or lansing and flint i can do for sure!

had to run to toledo to see my sick grandfather:(
and seen there is a stretch just before jackson if this helps anyone.