Thread: Anyone got a holster I can borrow?

Post imported post

I would like to try out a shoulder holster for my 1911 Gov't. Any one have an extra one I can borrow/have/buy? I already checked va gun trader and there isn't one in my area.

If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

Already knew about that one, but it's not anywhere near me.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Post imported post

I have one for my PT24/7....It may fit a 1911

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I used to have one around here that I don't ever wear. I'll see if I can find it.
    Find businesses that are pro gun...and those that aren't. Friend or Foe - Version 2 is online!

Post imported post

bnkrazy wrote:
    I used to have one around here that I don't ever wear.* I'll see if I can find it.
    I appreciate it

Post imported post

The biggest thing is that I wanna try one out to decide if its something I might like.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I can't seem to locate the one I thought I had. I may have already loaned/given it away. I'll keep an eye out, but don't think I'll find it as I only store my goodies in a handful of places.
    Find businesses that are pro gun...and those that aren't. Friend or Foe - Version 2 is online!

Post imported post

You might "like" it, except that a shoulder holster is one of the most indiscreet holsters you can wear, unless you plan on wearing a jacket (larger size than your usual suit-jacket) the whole time you are carrying.

Otherwise, you look like.... well, maybe I just leave it at that.

...and of course, there is the freak-out-the-RSO factor if you try to draw-from-the-holster with that sort of rig at a public range.

I assume you are interested in an alternative to the hip holster because the 1911 gouges the bejeezus out of your ribs whenever you sit down in a car while wearing it in a hip-holster. Believe me, I have felt your pain.

In this regard I find it is some considerable help to wear a belt that is easily adjustable, and just wear the belt really loose while driving. Yeah, the holster kind of "flops around" when the belt is that loose. So what? Just remember to cinch-up your belt before exiting the vehicle, or you'll look like a dork with your burner canted at a 45-degree angle while you do your Wal-Mart walk.