• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone got a holster I can borrow?

Spectre

imported post

I would like to try out a shoulder holster for my 1911 Gov't. Any one have an extra one I can borrow/have/buy? I already checked va gun trader and there isn't one in my area.

bnkrazy

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I can't seem to locate the one I thought I had. I may have already loaned/given it away. I'll keep an eye out, but don't think I'll find it as I only store my goodies in a handful of places.

W.E.G.

imported post

You might "like" it, except that a shoulder holster is one of the most indiscreet holsters you can wear, unless you plan on wearing a jacket (larger size than your usual suit-jacket) the whole time you are carrying.

Otherwise, you look like.... well, maybe I just leave it at that.

...and of course, there is the freak-out-the-RSO factor if you try to draw-from-the-holster with that sort of rig at a public range.

I assume you are interested in an alternative to the hip holster because the 1911 gouges the bejeezus out of your ribs whenever you sit down in a car while wearing it in a hip-holster. Believe me, I have felt your pain.

In this regard I find it is some considerable help to wear a belt that is easily adjustable, and just wear the belt really loose while driving. Yeah, the holster kind of "flops around" when the belt is that loose. So what? Just remember to cinch-up your belt before exiting the vehicle, or you'll look like a dork with your burner canted at a 45-degree angle while you do your Wal-Mart walk.