• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Found This On CNN

Don Barnett

imported post

Actually, I found CNN's, LouDobb's"editorialistic" comments rather Pro-Gun. That was rather surprising.

thorvaldr

imported post

Spectre wrote:
Don Barnett wrote:
Actually, I found CNN's, LouDobb's"editorialistic" comments rather Pro-Gun. That was rather surprising.

Same here. I was actually taken aback a little.
Yes, that piece was very weirdly pro gun. But anyway, yes CIFTA is a big deal. Please do your homework on it and contact your Senators Let them know whether you think an international treaty should take away your constitutional rights.

This is the text, if you haven't seen it before:

http://www.oas.org/juridico/english/treaties/a-63.html

BJA

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Yeah suprisingly Lou dobbs is very pro-gun. He had a great piece when that man in the SW thwarted off that home inavasion by 4 robbers. Is there anyone else thats picking up this CIFTA treaty and watching closely?

Ben

spy1

imported post

You know, I sincerely hope everyone in this thread that's showing "concern" about this has contacted (via phone/email/FAX) both of their State Senators and voiced your opposition to it.

Because not Lou Dobbs nor anyone else but you is going to prevent that treaty from getting ratified. That's why I provided a link back to the initial thread on this one up above - it contains a sample letter/FAX to send and a link for the GOA alert on this issue.

If you haven't already contacted your Senators - you NEED to. Pete

Argus Eyed

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I contacted my Senator and this is the response I received.

Dear Mr. XXXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting me to share your views on gun control. I appreciate your thoughts on this important issue.

I realize that there are very strong opinions on both sides of the debate around Second Amendment rights. I support public policies that ensure the responsible and appropriate use of guns, as well as efforts to reduce gun-related crimes through increased enforcement and background checks. I do not, however, support laws or regulations that infringe on the Second Amendment Constitutional right of law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms.

In the United States Senate, legislation on gun control generally falls under the jurisdiction of the Senate Judiciary Committee, of which I am not a member. Please be assured that I value the thoughts that you have shared with me on this important issue. I will keep your views in mind should any legislation on this matter come before the full Senate in the future.

Again, thank you for writing. As we move forward in the 111th Congress, please continue to contact me with your opinions and concerns.

Sincerely,
MARK R. WARNER
United States Senator