• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to OC in Spokane

fetch

imported post

Welcome Ryan, There are about 15 of us who have gotten together a couple of times over the winter. We also had a table at the last gun show promoting OC. Getting everyone together is like herding cats but we manage. We do have a few things planed the thread I will bring to the top.

David.Car

imported post

fetch wrote:
Getting everyone together is like herding cats

herding%2520cats-thumb.jpg

Anyways, too Ryan,

Welcome. Spokane get togethers seem to happen once every couple months. I can understand the looking for support part. My first OC was at a OC meeting (Hoopfest last year). After you knock out the first couple of times it will become much more natural. Started out CC most the time... Than moved to about 50/50... Now I only CC if I feel I need too (going to family houses where they prefer it be out of sight).

o2ryan

imported post

I have been CCing everyday for about a month now and have gotened very comfortable with it. When it comes to OC however, I am going to have to be a "Weekend Warrior" so to speak. I am pushing the boundaries with CC at my workplace, so I will never be able to OC on a regular basis, but I do believe that society needs to be exposed to more law abiding gun owners if we ever hope to maintain this right in this country. I look forward to meeting more likeminded individuals and hopefully bringing some of my CC friends on board while we still have a chance.

Thank you guys for your replies, I will be watching the Washington board regularly for opportunities to meet up and participate more often. I see that bob has proposed the 25th on another thread for a lunch gathering at the park. I hope to see all of you there.

Ryan

David.Car

imported post

o2ryan wrote:
When it comes to OC however, I am going to have to be a "Weekend Warrior" so to speak.
At least you are able to carry at work no matter what the method. State law keeps me from carrying or even having in my car while working. So I am left to usually just a "weekend warrior" for carrying period.

o2ryan

imported post

OC'd for the first time this weekend. I took a trip to Home Depot and the grocery store on Saturday without even a second glance from anyone. Today it was the Dollar Store, Hollywood Video and Arby's.

This was a great opportunity to point out to my wife that this is not a big deal. She thinks I want to OC so that I can have an "It's my right" argument with some sheep. It was amazing to her, and a little to me too, just how unaware everyone around us was, or maybe just how afraid they are to confront an armed citizen. Either way, it was a positive experience and the first of many to come.