• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

springfield 1911 A1

springer

imported post

hello , i have a springfield 1911 A1 .45 stainless my emblem stamp is above trigger on right side, i have not seen this before, any reason why ? in front i have FI instead i have not been able to find out any info about this. this was left to me by my father, any body no what this would also be worth, mint condition.

Mississippian

imported post

The emblem/stamping is at the exact same place on my SA Mil-spec 1911.

I do have one question.

On mine, the SA emblem on my cocobolo grips have the date '1794' engraved into the wood and then on the slide on the RH side, it has '1974' in the emblem, is yours the same?

*edit: I realize yours doesn't have the same grips, but I am interested in what is stamped on the opposite side.

springer

imported post

hello, under left side grip i have and I stamped, right i have B and under that B i have GJ stamped, also have FI brazil on barrel, which i assume it was forged in brazil, the
stamp above the trigger i have no clue thx

yes the stamp is 1794
sn starts with "N"
pics are on the way of right side

GoldDot

imported post

My crossed cannon stamp is on the right side toward the front on my 1911-A1 loaded.

Mississippian

imported post

It is different than mine, the 'circle' emblem on mine is to the right of where it says "Springfield Armory".

It is too blurry to read, so what is the year that is stamped in the emblem?

Dustin

imported post

eyesopened wrote:
It may be the difference of one assembled in Brazil versus the ones assembled in Illinois.

I don't believe the 1911's are assembled in Brazil, I think it's just the XD's.

Eitherway, Assembly wouldn't have anything to do with that.

You might want to call SA and find out. Phone Calls are free.

http://www.springfield-armory.com/contactus.php

springer

imported post

i have looked at there catalog and have not come across one with the stamps in the same place. will give them a call Thx Guys :banghead:

eyesopened

imported post

Dustin wrote:

XDs assembled in Brazil? I don't think so :lol:

The lower cost 1911s are in fact assembled in Brazil. The more expensive ones are assembled in the states. All frames are made in Brazil if I remember correctly.

Dustin

imported post

eyesopened wrote:
Dustin wrote:

XDs assembled in Brazil? I don't think so :lol:

The lower cost 1911s are in fact assembled in Brazil. The more expensive ones are assembled in the states. All frames are made in Brazil if I remember correctly.
Right, I worded it wrong. The Framesare molded in Brazil. Not put together there.