• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCing can speed up your CPL application!

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

T Vance wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:
Why would they care? They make their bogus claims and move on without repercussions. Their worst case scenario is that they may have to appear in court...Big deal, theyshow up for work each day, still get paidand it's no skin off their azz.
I know. Question though, if I am charged with a crime and found not guilty, is there a way to get my money back for all the expenses (i.e. - lawyer fee's, day's missed from work), considering the fact that the stop was potentially illegal?

Generally no, because they made the charge in good "faith" That is they felt you were in violation. That's why it's easy for them to screw with us. It's no real pain for them. But if it happens again, to you or someone else in their jurisdiction,then there is a pattern of bogus charges, and youmay have recourse then.

Now, if they violated your rights in some way you havesome legal recourse with a federal civil rights violation, but that would take a lawsuit.

Haman J.T.

imported post

Looks like being prepared with paperwork and all is wise and I know it worked for me too! Congrat's!

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Wow!!! Congrats on the CPL T Vance. But, you definitely need to expand on the "...ALL 144 post from an open carry website" thing, when you get a chance. :)

FatboyCykes

imported post

Which is completely understandable. It just sounds like the other guy was much less concerned about your rights and more about letting you know how much trouble your causing. Irritating.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

It really doesn't matter. If Big Brother wants to chat with you, He knows who and where your are. As for the secondpart, I agree. Pertinent information that may be use in court should not be made available in a public forum.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

T Vance wrote:
Here is what happened... (some of the quotes are not exactley what they said, but I do have it on audio - and will fix those quotes ....That pretty much sums up my morning.
Wow, pretty interesting.

Job well done, T Vance. Kudos to you. (and to Lt. Shaw)

It's very important to note that JPD (and likely any other PD) is monitoring public forums. Since those folks would naturally have a biased perspective on the subject matter being discussed in gun owner/carry forums, we should be careful of what we say here. Forums always seem to have some members that are, um, unsophisticated about how they express their ideas and desires. I really hate to get dragged down by those wildcards.