• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone OC'ing in Dodge county

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

roconnor14 wrote:
drewdown wrote:
I carried today at Wal-Mart in Beaver Dam while I was getting some tires put on the car. I was there for nearly an hour, and the store was very busy (middle of the day) so plenty of people saw me. No questions asked, although I did get a few weird looks.

My attire may have thrown some people off though: I still had the lower half of my uniform on (black boots and 5.11 TDU cargo pants) and an NYPD t-shirt.

NYPD shirt? It seems like you could be opening yourself up to an impersonating an officer charge.
Nah, I doubt it. But when I was in the army I used to say they ought to charge anyone in a gorilla suit with "impersonating an officer."

otter

imported post

roconnor14 wrote:
drewdown wrote:
I carried today at Wal-Mart in Beaver Dam while I was getting some tires put on the car. I was there for nearly an hour, and the store was very busy (middle of the day) so plenty of people saw me. No questions asked, although I did get a few weird looks.

My attire may have thrown some people off though: I still had the lower half of my uniform on (black boots and 5.11 TDU cargo pants) and an NYPD t-shirt.

NYPD shirt? It seems like you could be opening yourself up to an impersonating an officer charge.
It'd be kind of hard to charge an officer with impersonating an officer :lol:

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

True, but that is cheating. You are not doing anything that you are not allowed to do because of your employment. I agree it helps people to get used to seeing fire arms in public but in your case, people are not seeing an average citizen with a fire arm in public. Isn't that the point? Did I miss something? Why is an NYPD officer in Wisconsin?