• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to OC in NoVa

bohdi

imported post

Ding ding ding. The winner is Dutch Uncle. ROFLMAO --- The connections you guys made were quite hilarious and honestly unexpected. I did something I never should have, which was to assume. MMM has been used to signify the Million Mom March group on here, in shorted version.....and now you see why I laughed so hard.

bdodds

imported post

I post this question out of ignorance and concern, not trolling - why were you able to buy a handgun at 18? I thought the law was 21..

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

At 18 (legal adult) you can purchase a pistol legally from a private seller in VA. Federal law prohibits an FFL from selling to anyone under 21, that's all.

VApatriot

imported post

I also started OCing when I was 18 (am 20 now). I have never had an encounter with police, and I have only once been asked to leave a business. The only time I have everreally been questioned about carrying at my age was a timeat VA Arms Co. The guy running the paperwork for my shotgun purchasewantedto knowhow I could be in possession of a handgun while still under 21. I explained it to him, and he said something about just wanting tomake sure I wasn't doing anything that could get me in trouble.

nova

imported post

Dutch Uncle wrote:
You may hear from one "CRF250rider1000". As we speak, he is driving home to NOVA (Herndon) so he might be going to some of the dinners by you this summer. If you need advice from someone under 21, I'm sure he'll fill you in.
I'll be around too for any questions CRFrider can't answer. Though he's very knowledgeable so I doubt I'll be needed.

As usual I'll be at every NOVA oc dinner. :lol:

I'm 20 now, started to OC just before my 19th birthday.

CRF250rider1000

imported post

I would definitely come to the dinners! They are a great way to meet other OCers and to gain/share knowledge. I have learned so much from Dutch Uncle, ODA 226, Bubba Ron, Kimbercarrier, and many others down in Tidewater. nova and Hunter45 are both under 21 too as am I and we're local so we know what kind of situation that you are in. (Everyone on here is pretty darn well educated so don't hesitiate to ask anyone questions)nLooking forward to seeing you all at the dinner Thursday night:lol: