• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCed today

VLR4

imported post

I went to Ferndale today for my daughters baseball tournaments. I CCed there as I didn't want the attention on me and I just wanted to enjoy the game. After the game me and the family went to Sonic to eat and I was OCingby thistime. I went to the bathroom and after eating I got out and throw all the trash. As I was walking back to my car a employee rolled to me and asked why I had a gun. I told her that it was for mine and my family's protection. She just said cool and I pointed her to this site for more info. I have to say that I've not had a problem since I've started to OC. I go to my local places with out any incidences. I have to admit that I get this overwhelming nerve when some one ask's me about OCing. I don't know how to explain it but it's like a feeling of not wanting to be asked. It's something I need to get over or go back to CCing. All in all it's been well.

FunkTrooper

imported post

VLR4 wrote:
I get this overwhelming nerve when some one ask's me about OCing.
It's probably because your used to CC, I like OCing because I'm educating people that guns aren't evil. I'll hopefully get my CPL so I can carry loaded in a car but I'll always OC I hate CC because people don't know your armed and therefore still get to think that armed peole are dangerous I'm also a pretty upfront guy:D.