• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

St. Francis (Milwaukee County) Alderman Ted Jarosh wants gun owners to stay in the closet!

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/44271137.html,

St. Francis alderman wants to limit open carrying of firearms
By Tom Kertscher of the Journal Sentinel

Posted: May. 4, 2009

St. Francis NOW

You'll find more news, sports, photos and opinions about St. Francis on StFrancisNOW.com.
St. Francis - An alderman who hunts and owns guns plans to seek an ordinance to limit the open carrying of firearms in the city.

Ted Jarosh, who describes himself as a strong defender of the right to own and legally carry guns, said last week he will ask the city attorney Tuesday whether the city could classify certain acts of so-called open carry as disturbing the peace.

Jarosh cited a case from earlier this year in which a West Allis man was ticketed for carrying a gun in a holster while working in his yard. Police issued a ticket, but a judge dismissed it.

"I think that if you carry a firearm to mow your lawn - unless you fear polar bears or pterodactyls are going to attack you - you're disturbing the peace," Jarosh said.

Attention to the open carry issue is growing.

Last month, a lawsuit challenging the statewide police practice of arresting people who openly carry handguns was filed in federal court.

Several days later, state Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen issued a memorandum saying that openly carrying a gun is legal and does not, in itself, warrant a charge of disorderly conduct.

'Misuse of the law'
Jarosh, 52, a nine-year alderman and president of Kyle Central Credit Union in South Milwaukee, said he wants to prohibit the open carry of guns when there is no apparent purpose for doing so.

"Carrying a firearm just to incite the public or prove that you have the right to do it, that is a misuse of the law," Jarosh said.

The Common Council is expected to have a limited discussion of the issue Tuesday. The city attorney will likely be asked to research the issue, which would then be considered at a future council meeting.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Read Atlas Shrugged in light of recent history.

This should come as no surprise. If the State will not act to enforce its statutes against its political subdivisions then how can those same statutes be enforced against the least 'subdivision' that is the individual?

NightOwl

imported post

He might be able to make it happen, unfortunately. The Wisconsin state constitution sounds solid when you read it, but all the annotations to the 25th amendment seem to make it more like mush. I don't like hoping people fail...but I hope that guy fails.

patriotguy

imported post

Where to start?

An insignificant part-time politician from a small suburban town wants to rewrite the state constitution? Let's see:

ART. I, §25, WIS. CONSTITUTION
The people have the right to keep and bear arms for security, defense, hunting, recreation or any other lawful purpose only if you fear polar bears or pterodactyls are going to attack you.

How about "Carrying a firearm just to incite the public or prove that you have the right to do it, that is a misuse of the law"?

What if you replace "firearm" with "protest sign"? Should Article 1, section 3 be disorderly conduct if you peacefully protest?

That's the thing with liberal politicians, the rights of which they approve are fine, but the rights they don't like should be taken away. It's been said before, that if liberals cared about the second amendment of the U.S. Constitution as much as they cared about the first, we would all be required to carry firearms. Same thing in Wisconsin.

The people from St. Francis need to vote this guy out of office, or recall him.

MOLON LABE!

smithman

imported post

By this logic we should also make a law so that people voting can be taken out of line and questioned about if they have a good enough reason to vote for a certain candidate. If they don't then they can't exercise their right to vote.

Y2K

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I think this person (Jarcosh) can go and clean DIAMOND DOYLE'S bathroom, because he thinks he is the law, and he can change the law. Too bad, so sad, ifhe doesn'tlike it, so be it.

Teej

imported post

NightOwl wrote:
He might be able to make it happen, unfortunately. The Wisconsin state constitution sounds solid when you read it, but all the annotations to the 25th amendment seem to make it more like mush. I don't like hoping people fail...but I hope that guy fails.
First, it's not the 25th amendment, it's Article 1, Section 25.

Second, that's not really the issue here - rather, it provides support for the laws / precedent that are at issue. Namely the state preemption statute (66.0409) and the WI Supreme Court rulings that the ban on concealed carry is constitutional specifically because open carry is legal.

They "best" they can do is create a law that won't survive its first review.

BJA

Campaign Veteran
imported post

WOW, I'm not necessarily surprised but more frustrated. These people just like the county don't care about the statutes that help protect our rights. I'm sick of it, I can't believe this state is like this!! I've lived here my whole life! Anyone want to move to Texas in a few years?! I'm not a democrat or republican, but this is further evidence that we NEED somebody with BALLS running for governor. Most of the people with balls in Wisconsinare here on this forum..... If they do pass it, there needs to reprocussions on their part! WE HAVE NO ACCOUNTABILITY WHEN IT COMES TOOTHERS INFRINGING ONOUR RIGHTS! Law suits are fine but they hurt the tax payers more than the idiots who chose to infringe on our rights. Somebody needs to run for governor thats willing to do something like Mr, Gonzalez and others have!

Welcome to Wisconsin, leave your rights andaccountability for actions at the border......

Ben

Swampbeast

imported post

Ted Jarosh, who describes himself as a strong defender of the right to own and legally carry guns, said last week he will ask the city attorney Tuesday whether the city could classify certain acts of so-called open carry as disturbing the peace.
I do not like liars! He's just like Barack Obama saying he supports guns and then doing everything he can to subvert our rights, and he's too cowardly to say how he really feels about guns because he obviously is not a "strong supporter"!

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

For you guys not from Milwaukee or Wisconsin. The state of WIhas a preemption statute (Teej already mentioned its identifier of 66.0409 ) that clearly states that no local laws canbe any stricter than state laws when it comes to firearms.

prior to 1995, cities and towns could make any goofy anti-firearm ordinance they wanted, what was legal in one town was illegal in another and it caused all sorts of issues. So along with the new state constitution that guarantees our right to keep and bear arms, they also made the entire state a level playing field so guys like Rep. Young and this latest clown couldn't try and restrict peoples rights.

Now one more thing for people not familiar with WI, The town this guy is from is Considered "the south Side" andthat termwas usually meant in a derogatory manner for a few reasons (No offense to my southside friends meant) But have you ever seen the movie "Fargo" many of the old-time southsiders speak with that very same accent. It can be quite comical. itcomes more from their eastern European heritage with immigrant parents than anything else, I am not saying they are any less intelligent than others, Just an accent in their voice that strikes me as funny as hell. So I am sitting here laughing imagining this aldergeek that does not know the laws speaking in Fargo speak (Don't ya know) about how "he don't want no guns here! One time hey"

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

Mike wrote:
"I think that if you carry a firearm to mow your lawn - unless you fear polar bears or pterodactyls are going to attack you - you're disturbing the peace," Jarosh said.

I think if you are an idiot Alderman who says annoyingly stupid things - you're disturbing the peace.

So we should petition St. Francis to make saying controversial things a ticketable offense and classified as "Disturbing the Peace". Obviously, if someone says bad things against gays, they're disturbing someone's peace so we must criminalize that. Oh, and if someone says something about welfare mothers, that is quite offensive and therefore disturbing the peace and should be illegal. If someone says anything that makes more than two people boo, then that is inciting a riot which is disturbing the peace and should be made illegal.

Mike wrote:
"Carrying a firearm just to incite the public or prove that you have the right to do it, that is a misuse of the law," Jarosh said.
Making a speech just to incite the public or prove that you have the right to do it, that is a misuse of the law.

Tex

imported post

Exercising your rights just because you can is misuse of the law? How did this guy make it past Darwin? Natural selection should have already taken this guy out. But failing that, when is the next election cycle in Wis? It amazes me that people can speak the English language and not have the first clue what just came out of their mouths!! Get a TRUE conservative republican to run for that office, and he or she will be a shoe in.

Tex

imported post

But by his logic, he should already have put a radio in the bathtub with him or driven through a red light, or cleaned his "guns" with a round in the chamber, or something....right? Well, it's never too late too hope.

cvickers

imported post

Mike wrote:

The Common Council is expected to have a limited discussion of the issue Tuesday. The city attorney will likely be asked to research the issue, which would then be considered at a future council meeting.
I think having a 'limited discussion' just because you can is a misuse of your first amendment right.

Renegade

imported post

kyle4tedjarosh.JPG

Ted Jarosh

http://www.kylecentralcu.com/asp/aboutus.asp

Call and apply for a loan - see if he offers "open carry" rates.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

Renegade wrote:
kyle4tedjarosh.JPG

Ted Jarosh

http://www.kylecentralcu.com/asp/aboutus.asp

Call and apply for a loan - see if he offers "open carry" rates.

Does anyone have this aldermans booking photo from his drunk driving arrest in Pewaukee Wisconsin? What was his BAC?? almost .20??
If that picture gets posted, we might be able to recognize him better when he is all schitt-faced at the bar, anddreaming up more ways to try and destroy our rights as both US and Wisconsin citizens. Link to BAC results> http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-6299000.html

And why wouldn'this DWI arrest in Pewaukee show up in the WI court access site? He is listed there for his divorce and when someone sued him in small claims court, But the DWI arrest is not listed here > http://wcca.wicourts.gov/index.xsl;jsessionid=D4182700A544052ABA5A0B16CBCC1A00.render2