• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

St. Francis (Milwaukee County) Alderman Ted Jarosh wants gun owners to stay in the closet!

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

Mike wrote:
http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/44271137.html,

St. Francis alderman wants to limit open carrying of firearms
By Tom Kertscher of the Journal Sentinel

Posted: May. 4, 2009

St. Francis NOW

You'll find more news, sports, photos and opinions about St. Francis on StFrancisNOW.com.
St. Francis - An alderman who hunts and owns guns plans to seek an ordinance to limit the open carrying of firearms in the city.

Ted Jarosh, who describes himself as a strong defender of the right to own and legally carry guns, said last week he will ask the city attorney Tuesday whether the city could classify certain acts of so-called open carry as disturbing the peace.

Jarosh cited a case from earlier this year in which a West Allis man was ticketed for carrying a gun in a holster while working in his yard. Police issued a ticket, but a judge dismissed it.

"I think that if you carry a firearm to mow your lawn - unless you fear polar bears or pterodactyls are going to attack you - you're disturbing the peace," Jarosh said.

Attention to the open carry issue is growing.

Last month, a lawsuit challenging the statewide police practice of arresting people who openly carry handguns was filed in federal court.

Several days later, state Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen issued a memorandum saying that openly carrying a gun is legal and does not, in itself, warrant a charge of disorderly conduct.

'Misuse of the law'
Jarosh, 52, a nine-year alderman and president of Kyle Central Credit Union in South Milwaukee, said he wants to prohibit the open carry of guns when there is no apparent purpose for doing so.

"Carrying a firearm just to incite the public or prove that you have the right to do it, that is a misuse of the law," Jarosh said.

The Common Council is expected to have a limited discussion of the issue Tuesday. The city attorney will likely be asked to research the issue, which would then be considered at a future council meeting.

So by this logic, We can't have an emergency 911 system staffed, can't have firefighters at the stationhouse, can't have fuel in the firetrucks, can't have EMTs or Paramedics, can't prepare ourselves for potential emergencies by taking firstaid or CPR courses UNTIL THE CRISIS IS UPON US. He is a TROLL.

I am glad he doesn't represent ME!

Y2K

Campaign Veteran
imported post

This clawn was drunk and drove on public roads. He should be voted out of theoffice. It's considered disturbing the peace in public. He should leave WI and live somewhere else.

JohnK87

imported post

Why is this so hard?

"Jarosh, 52, a nine-year alderman and president of Kyle Central Credit Union in South Milwaukee, said he wants to prohibit the open carry of guns when there is no apparent purpose for doing so."

Uh.. the purpose for doing so is to protect yourself and your family from the bad guys. Let's not make it too complicated for these guys!

KS_to_CA

imported post

Washintonian_For_Liberty wrote:
Mike wrote:
"I think that if you carry a firearm to mow your lawn - unless you fear polar bears or pterodactyls are going to attack you - you're disturbing the peace," Jarosh said.

I think if you are an idiot Alderman who says annoyingly stupid things - you're disturbing the peace.

Mike wrote:
"Carrying a firearm just to incite the public or prove that you have the right to do it, that is a misuse of the law," Jarosh said.
Making a speech just to incite the public or prove that you have the right to do it, that is a misuse of the law.
AMEN TO THAT!!!

SAvage410

imported post

GJD wrote:
I cant seem to track an e-mail down anywhere - business, personal, city, etc.
According to the city website, you use this e-mail address for everything:

[size="-1"][font="Verdana,"]anneu@stfranwi.org

Supposedly they take care of routing it to the correct person internally. I have no idea how well that system works.
[/font][/size]

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

This Alderman's outrageous position is one more reasonwe need to educate more folks and get them to sign the petition at http://www.petitiononline.com/wi1848oc/petition.htmlto repeal the school zone and car carry bans - forcing citizens to mount a Hamdan-Vegas defense in court is too costly.

And that's why we need to raise funds for radio adds. Total now:

Current Balance
$1,300

--

[align=left]But we still have $190 left in unused matching funds! Please donate today - as soon as we have used up the rest of these matching funds, we will sign a radio contract for for the greater Milwaukee County Metro market - time is of the essence![/align]
[align=left]If you have even just $10 or $25, now would be the time. Give now in a few seconds athttp://www.opencarry.org/carryland.html[/align]

YllwFvr

imported post

Maybe we should have someone propose a bill that requires you to have a license to speak in public. You know, its not really restricting you cuz you can say whatever you want on your own property. Within reason of course. Cuz if you mouth of or "voice your opinion" and I hear it on my property... well!

I love it when people go off about how something that isnt harming anyone offends them. I read a blog about a woman who wished tattoos and piercings were against the law. She proposed a petition for a bill that would make piercings other than earlobes, and tattoos visible with normal clothing illegal. She claimed she was a nurse, and people like that freak her out so bad she feels she cant give such people the level of comfort and service they deserve at the hospital she works at.

Its nearly beyond my ability to understand the mentality of such people.

I hate to sound like an ass but if you shout to the heavens OPEN CARRY OFFENDS ME well sucks to be you dont it? Its not like its a huge thing right now. You dont see it on every street corner. You dont run into a guy sporting a SW500 at every starbucks you enter for your morning cafe mocha latte with sprinkles. I dont see the big deal.

My uncle hates guns. ALL of em. Cops, military, whatever. He hates OC even more. But you know what? He still comes up to see me. I just make sure my AK is out of sight, his poor heart may not be able to handle it.

Sorry guys! I see a lot of BS on here in the news and this one just nailed my last nerve of the day. Im gonna go get some coffee and cool off. I wish I had some sprinkles!

YllwFvr

imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
Any one want to lay odds that if we caught this Jarosh charactor out in public somewhere and patted him down or wanded him, he'd be packing CC?
I wont take that bet. But didnt I hear somewhere that somebody filed a right to know and got a whole list of people with permits? Maybe that could be done and we could know for sure:D

opusd2

imported post

As it is unfortunately illegal in WI to CC, I am sure there is a list of those "deserving" enough of that to have the state's permission to do so. It was made public that the AG issued the first "official" one to a retired LEO a while back, and I am sure it is more than just him by now. It's amazing just how equal we all are in the eyes of the law...