Thread: Not fire arms related but still an unfair ban

Post imported post

http://powersports.honda.com/news/stop-the-ban.aspx

I don't know about you but I don't see all the youth racers and riders out their licking the gear boxes on their ATV's and Dirt bikes.

Post imported post

"Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

Post imported post

SFCRetired wrote:
    My take is that the powers-that-be are trying to create (and largely succeeding) a "Nanny state" that will prevent all citizens (subjects) from engaging in any activity that carries even the remotest chance of risk.
    I think it's even worse: they're trying to create a society where the people are forbidden from engaging in any activity that is not expressly approved by the government.

Post imported post

I knew a kid when I was younger that used to make his own mini bikes with lawn mowers, scrap pipes, a tig welder, and a few other things.

The days when he did that were well before this stupidity, but it just goes to show you that if you ban or require stuff, people will improvise their way around the bans. I don't care what it is, catalytic converters, switch blades, drugs, dirt bikes, machine guns, unstamped ammo, whiskey, or whatever else, it doesn't matter. The government derives its power from the consent of the governed. Without the people's consent, government requests are as meaningless as they are ineffective.

Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.