• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Not fire arms related but still an unfair ban

KBCraig

imported post

SFCRetired wrote:
My take is that the powers-that-be are trying to create (and largely succeeding) a "Nanny state" that will prevent all citizens (subjects) from engaging in any activity that carries even the remotest chance of risk.
I think it's even worse: they're trying to create a society where the people are forbidden from engaging in any activity that is not expressly approved by the government.

Michigander

imported post

I knew a kid when I was younger that used to make his own mini bikes with lawn mowers, scrap pipes, a tig welder, and a few other things.

The days when he did that were well before this stupidity, but it just goes to show you that if you ban or require stuff, people will improvise their way around the bans. I don't care what it is, catalytic converters, switch blades, drugs, dirt bikes, machine guns, unstamped ammo, whiskey, or whatever else, it doesn't matter. The government derives its power from the consent of the governed. Without the people's consent, government requests are as meaningless as they are ineffective.