• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Dinner- Arlington Whitlow's

sectorsight

imported post

Alright guys, time for another Open Carry Dinner in anti occupied Arlington VA.
Where: Whitlow's on Wilson (2854 Wilson Blvd, Arlington, VA 22201)
When: Tuesday, May 19th at 7:00pm
Whitlow's is not much more than a block away from the Clarendon Metro Station. Get off the Metro and go up Wilson Blvd a block up until you see the restaurant.
For the sake of convenience, please bring cash (small bills would help).
Let's have fun with this one!

http://www.evite.com/app/publicUrl/BIKDIPEBWLRNMLNLFPVS/arlingtonOC

sectorsight

imported post

I moved to Massachusetts a few months ago ( where you cannot OC) and am coming back down this week. Open carrying again is going to feel really good....

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Have you been there while carrying? I've never heard of it (unless that's the place that initially turned a group away last year then let them in).

jmb_nova

imported post

Nice! Whitlows on Wilson is a decent place... just down the street from my office in Ballston!

Guess I am in for this one. Bee good to go meet some people. :)

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

I changed this thread to an announcement to keep it at the top until the event.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I find from another source this is being billed as a gathering of the Arlington Campaign for Liberty Chapter?

I feel we've been misled here. I am a member of OCDO; I am not a member of th Arlington Campaign for Liberty Chapter.

jwidman

imported post

Did some googlefu...

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/usa/VA/Arlington/#members

The guy that heads it is attending with a quest...he's billing it as a opencarry dinner.

Also sectorsight isa liberty dude too

http://www.yalforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=87

http://www.breitbart.com/image.php?id=iafp080626154102.89c7lwv4p2&show_article=1

Not too suspicous on the face of it as the same people who suport opencary and the 2nd amendment are likely the type that make up ron paul suporters.

It's all good the more the merrier I say, and you know the liberty people attending might be ocdo members too:p

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

jwidman wrote:
Did some googlefu...

The guy that heads it is attending with a quest...he's billing it as a opencarry dinner. Not too suspicous on the face of it as the same people who suport opencary and the 2nd amendment are likely the type that make up ron paul suporters.

It's all good the more the merrier I say :p
No worries. I had found that site. I even admire some the Campaign For Liberty stances. I just feel I've been Amway'ed here -- going to a meeting when I don't know who's holding it.

Sorry if I'm taking too much offense. I'll just pass this time, and plan something else for this area.

sectorsight

imported post

Sorry, I was asked to recruit for an open carry dinner because I've done so before and I enjoy them. Some people from Campaign for Liberty will be attending, but to my knowledge, this is not an official C4L event. I volunteer with Young Americans for Liberty and am not involved in politics at all (not even registered to vote...anywhere). I'm just looking for company while I eat while locked and loaded. I'm actually looking forward to this very much and hope that you will come out. I'm sorry if it seems that I was holding something out on you guys, I didn't even know that it was marketed as anything but an open carry dinner until just now.

Jonesy

imported post

I am interested in attending with open carry people. But if this is going to be attended by a bunch of Ron Paul supporters I would like to know in advance. I have no interest in being recruited for such a group.

joeamt

Campaign Veteran
imported post

sectorsight wrote:
Whitlow's is not much more than a block away from the Clarendon Metro Station. Get off the Metro and go up Wilson Blvd a block up until you see the restaurant.

Sorry, I was asked to recruit for an open carry dinner because I've done so before and I enjoy them. Some people from Campaign for Liberty will be attending, but to my knowledge, this is not an official C4L event. I volunteer with Young Americans for Liberty and am not involved in politics at all (not even registered to vote...anywhere). I'm just looking for company while I eat while locked and loaded. I'm actually looking forward to this very much and hope that you will come out. I'm sorry if it seems that I was holding something out on you guys, I didn't even know that it was marketed as anything but an open carry dinner until just now.

What do you mean "bring cash"? Sake of who or what's convenience? Also, it is in the calander of events at the top right of the website jwidman told us about:

So tell me, is this a get together for the sake of opencarry OR is it for the sake of Arlington Campaign for Liberty Chapter?

sectorsight

imported post

joeamt wrote:
sectorsight wrote:

What do you mean "bring cash"? Sake of who or what's convenience? Also, it is in the calander of events at the top right of the website jwidman told us about:

So tell me, is this a get together for the sake of opencarry OR is it for the sake of Arlington Campaign for Liberty Chapter?
Joe,
For the sake of not splitting up a bill with 27 different credit cards, cash would be better, don't you think?. You'd have to ask C4L if they are hosting this event or not. I am not with them. I am inviting people as open carrying citizens of VA, not as people of any political party.

\

Glock27Bill

imported post

C4L site posting:
05/19/09 7:00 PM - 05/19/09 9:00 PM
Whitlows on Wilson
2854 Wilson Blvd.
Arlington, VA 22201
7:00pm

Description:

This is an "open-carry dinner" meant to bring attention to liberty based activism while silently promoting the second amendment.

Virginia is an "open-cary state" meaning that individuals can legally carry a holstered firearm without needing a permit, license, fingerprinting, or paperwork.

Individuals who own a firearm are encouraged to wear it responsibly and attend this dinner with other supporters of liberty and the second amendment.

Individuals who do not own a firearm are also 100% welcome to attend. Please join us and observe law abiding Arlington residents who believe in liberty and the Constitution.

We ask that everyone bring cash, and small bills ($5's and $1's) so there will not be a major hassle when it comes time for the check.

Contact me with any questions you may have.

Hope to see you there.

SteveBierfeldt@gmail.com
I know a member.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

The e-mail I got said "... the Arlington Campaign for Liberty Chapter will be having an Open-Carry Dinner on Tuesday, May 19th at Whitlows on Wilson Blvd. in Clarendon, VA at 7pm. " and was signed Brian R. Gentry.

Glock27Bill

imported post

Tess wrote:
The e-mail I got said "... the Arlington Campaign for Liberty Chapter will be having an Open-Carry Dinner on Tuesday, May 19th at Whitlows on Wilson Blvd. in Clarendon, VA at 7pm. " and was signed Brian R. Gentry.

C4L event.

Which is OK, as long as we know.