• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent Florida Murder/Suicide

Blinding Light

imported post

After reading about yet another murder suicide in this country where a family is destroyed when a father shoots his family I'm disgusted. I think we can all agree that if it weren't so easy for these people, who were law abiding citizens until they did this, to get guns, these senseless killings could have been prevented.

Lets all get together and end this violence by doing away with people being able to get guns just because they want them.

I know you guys are pro-guns for everyone, but buy a muscle car to show how cool you are and lets get rid of the guns. Agreed?

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Blinding Light wrote:
After reading about yet another murder suicide in this country where a family is destroyed when a father shoots his family I'm disgusted. I think we can all agree that if it weren't so easy for these people, who were law abiding citizens until they did this, to get guns, these senseless killings could have been prevented.

Lets all get together and end this violence by doing away with people being able to get guns just because they want them.

I know you guys are pro-guns for everyone, but buy a muscle car to show how cool you are and lets get rid of the guns. Agreed?

Why? Would you ratherhave had thefamilies get hacked to death with knives?

Would eliminating the gun actually have stopped the killing, or would it have just changed the method?

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Blinding Light wrote:

Do you honestly believe this would have never happened if possession of guns were only allowed to law enforcement-I suspect this is what you're getting at???? :?

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Blinding Light wrote:
Do you know how many guns are in this country? Right now?

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
This thread is teh fail. Obvious troll is obvious. Let it die and fall to the bottom.

GTFO

We have a thread about debating with the Brady Campaign on their own website. If they want to come here and debate then let them. Don't be such a hypocritical pussy. Use your words like a big boy and you might even convert someone.

Legba

imported post

One comment... one of the reasons I keep guns is to protect me from the people who can't be trusted with them, so no, I am not "pro-gun for everyone."

OK, two comments... and I don't much like cars of any kind, let alone "muscle cars." Not an effective substitute, sorry.

-ljp

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

Blinding Light wrote:

How many of your mothers have killed your pet with the back of a toilet tank cover ?

My mom dropped the tank lid on my snake when I was 8 years old . She told me that she had heard of a man by the name of Fred that had killed his girl friend the same way . She said that the snake scared her and she thought about the tank top . Poor Hoss didn't have a chance . After all these many years I still have BM issues .

Statesman

imported post

Blinding Light wrote:

No, not everyone. Where do you get that? While we understand your emotional argument, below is what happens when you start implementing the type of gun control you are asking for:

http://www.jpfo.org/filegen-a-m/deathgc.htm#chart

How about that for "senseless killing" ?

Flintlock

imported post

Blinding Light wrote:
I think we can all agree that if it weren't so easy for these people, who were law abiding citizens until they did this, to get guns, these senseless killings could have been prevented.
Ummm, no we can't all agree, that is absurd... The only thing that "prevents" senseless killings is to curtail the desire to commit these types of atrocities and to catch the mental health cases at a much earlier time-frame ratherthan after the fact.

Briefly excluding the constitutionality of your gripe, even if bans would haveyour desired "impact", I would still be against them because the criminals will find methods, tools, and the means to kill and to acquire weapons such as firearms. Therefore,I should have the same opportunity to requisition firearms for the defense of myself, my family, my house, my possessions, my community, my state, and my country.

I don't own guns to be cool.

Maybe you shouldtry banning backyard swimming pools instead,considering the fact that many more of our children die from their use then by firearms by a long shot.

LEO 229

imported post

Blinding Light wrote:

As tragic as it is... it happens more than you know. And it is done with or without guns.

People that are determined to do this will not reconsider just because they cannot get a gun. There are many other ways to destroy an entire family.

So your new found way of "prevention" is flawed. :?

unreconstructed1

imported post

Blinding Light wrote:

one emotional post and nothing more? if you are truly interested in debate, then please come back with some sort of rational evidence and we will debate the subject.