• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Training, how many people have attended a tactical shotgun course?

Have you atteneded a tactical shotgun course?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

david.ross

imported post

I attended my first shotgun course this past weekend, Friday through Sunday at the range. I'm currently worn to the ground and sore.

Another note... I wore my boots, green shirt, pants and belt rig with gun... Taco Bell offers a military discount, which I didn't see on my receipt until after I sat down to eat. :) I didn't bother to correct the mistake since it would've just been an embarrassment on both parts. Yet another reason I believe in being polite to people, using common courtesy helps a long way. (Yes Ma'am, Yes Sir, eye contact, no fear, and on rare occasions... a smile)

david.ross

imported post

Sir,

You must not be disciplined and dress like a tree hugging hippy maggot. Please inform me when you get back to real life where not everything is roses. If you don't understand the purpose or act of self discipline, maybe you need to be taught such discipline.

I wear solid color clothes, soon I'll have everything the same color, of which I haven't decided yet. If you have a problem with a person having self discipline and honor, then you're shitting all over those who continue to wear such clothes even when inactive or discharged.

You're a disgusting maggot disgrace sir as an American.

iRoo

curtiswr

imported post

I dress professionally. There is a difference in dressing professionally and "attempting to dress like a professional." Once you learn the distinction then you can make the comments you made. I'm sorry you took such offense to my claims; did I hit a nerve?

If you acknowledge that it would have been an embarrassment for you to politely correct the cashier, because you would have looked like a moron in that get up with no ties to the military... then surely you acknowledge the idiocy behind wearing your ATF hat and trying to pass that off as well.

Along with respect, responsibility, professionalism, common courtesy, and being polite is humility.

Also: it would have been more polite to correct the mistake of the cashier rather than play along with it. I seem to recall reading numerous stories about people being arrested/charged for impersonating military and LEO.

It's disgusting that you make such a mockery of our armed forces and sworn LEO and attempt to say that you only do so because correcting someone's mistake would be impolite and embarrassing. Get over yourself. OC isn't a game; stop treating it like one.

ETA: I'm sure you'll come back with some diatribe worthy of a section in an Ayn Rand novel but with an overly pseudo-intellectual condescending tone. Going back and forth with you is worthless, as you believe yourself to be so great that you aren't willing to examine anything from any other view. Have fun typing a response and feeling amazing for "pwning" me when it is all just in your mind; I won't be bothered to read it nor any of your future threads/posts. You sicken me.

david.ross

imported post

For starters, I don't wear the ATF hat outside of my residence. I found it at a thrift store while looking for computer junk and thought it was interesting.

Secondly, Propper clothes tend to last MUCH longer than clothes you can buy at the local retail store. They're 1) standardized 2) have lots of pocket and 3) depending on the model you can get different features. 4) Most important is the hook and loop patch so I can wear some condescending Pork Eating Crusader or Tap-Rack-Bang patch from milspecmonkey.

Also, I think "fashion" or style as severely overrated, though I do realize people don't want some 1984 fantasy of everyone dressing the same. I don't have to think about "what to wear" in the morning. I just grab the next set of clothes in my rack. Yet you seem to lack any sort of discipline, so I don't expect you to understand.

Let me guess, you're a Fatty McFatterson like how my mil friends joke around, waddling your way around town? You heard of a morning and afternoon run, I sure have. You wouldn't know anything about self discipline though, you're just a joke. Jealous of those who actually care about discipline you keyboard command on the net in some type of angst against such people. You're at your own liberty to make yourself look like a fool.

In reference to Taco Bell, I'm not going to waste my time over .63 cents correcting a mistake when I'm already sitting down at the table and there are many others in line. If you want to waste your own time, then go right ahead. My time is not worthless.