Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: West Milwaukee, Chilton Answer OC Lawsuit

Post imported post

West Milwaukee and Chilton, and their officers that were sued for illegally detaining a citizen who was lawfully carrying have filed their answer to the complaint.

Post imported post

jrm wrote:
    West Milwaukee and Chilton, and their officers that were sued for illegally detaining a citizen who was lawfully carrying have filed their answer to the complaint.
    Why does the complaint describe the search and seizure of his person and property as a 14th Amendment violation? Is it not a 4th Amendment violation?

Post imported post

The 4th amendment guarantees rights against the federal government. The 14th amendment incorporates some of those rights as restrictions on state action.

Post imported post

jrm wrote:
    The 4th amendment guarantees rights against the federal government. The 14th amendment incorporates some of those rights as restrictions on state action.
    D'oh! Slipped my mind, thanks.

Post imported post

I kind of figured this would happen. Who thought they would actually admit fault? The case is very cut and dry. Parabellum is going to win a nice sum of money for the gross rights violations.

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

GJD wrote:
    I kind of figured this would happen. Who thought they would actually admit fault? The case is very cut and dry. Parabellum is going to win a nice sum of money for the gross rights violations.
    A nice lump sum settlement would be nice for Jesus, But from my conversations with Mr. Gonzalez, I truly do not believe he is using this lawsuit for monetary gain. He is only pursuingthis for satisfaction due to him fromthe blatantviolations of his guaranteed rights as a US citizen.

We owe this man dearly for having the guts to stand up and challenge the police officers and departments that violated his rights!

Post imported post

Of course money should not be the issue. The absurd violation of his civil rights is the real story.

Post imported post

JRM, if Jesus wins this suit, what are the ramifications for open carriers and those that would want to detain us?

Post imported post

GJD wrote:
    I hope so, what is happening is wrong in so many ways...

More important,it will send outa real strong message to our cops, and local judges.

I am betting that it will speed up our CCW.

He, in the end, will have done us all a service. When it's over, we should throw a party for him!

Post imported post

Max wrote:
    JRM, if Jesus wins this suit, what are the ramifications for open carriers and those that would want to detain us?
    It's too early to speculate, as "winning" can mean a lot of different things.

Post imported post

GJD wrote:
    Of course money should not be the issue. The absurd violation of his civil rights is the real story.
    Money is not always the issue, but "punitive damages" are just what they say, punish the abuser. If everyone that abuses your rights gets a slap on the butt as punishment, they will keep it up. Hit 'em where it hurts, give the money away after expenses if you wish, but that action will stop harrassment rather quickly.

Post imported post

borrowed time wrote:
    GJD wrote:
    Money is not always the issue, but "punitive damages" are just what they say, punish the abuser. If everyone that abuses your rights gets a slap on the butt as punishment, they will keep it up. Hit 'em where it hurts, give the money away after expenses if you wish, but that action will stop harrassment rather quickly.
    Especially if their insurance carriers threaten to drop coverage.

Post imported post

I am no legal beagle, but why would the defendants attorney argue lack of standing or cause under WI statutes when this is a federal civil rights case and WI statutes would not trump or contavene any standing or cause under federal law as applied via the 14th amendment?

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

We all hope Jesus victory and set in nervous anticipation but it is best if we don't get our hopes up. No one can second guess the minds of judges and juries. It is unfortunate but it seems that most firearms cases are controlled by politics and not judicial prudence. Case in point: The case of David Olofson. The U.S. 7th circuit court of appeals has upheld Olofson's conviction of selling a machinegun even though the automatic fire was a result of a malfunction of a semi-automatic weapon. The Court ruled that regardless the circumstances the weapon sold was a machine gun because it allowed the fire of multiple rounds with one pull of the trigger. You can read all about it at.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE...p;pageID=97116

Lets keep our fingers crossed for Jesus and hope the judge that hears his case does the job he/she was elected to do.

Post imported post

Also, IANAL, but my understanding is the first thing you try to do in a civil defense case is get a judge to say that the plaintiff has no standing to sue, therefore dropping the case. Think of Parker et al, which was turned into Heller by the first court finding lack of standing in all the other plaintiffs.

EDIT: Lammie, not to pick nits, but it was actually transfer of an unregistered machinegun, not sale. This gun was loanedoutside of Mr. Olofson's supervision, but it would be legally no different from handing your friend your AK-variant at the range to inspect after it doubled on you because of a stuck firing pin or worn disconnector. I 100% agree with you that the implications of this railroading are chilling; we now have been shown conclusively that we will not get a fair trial if the .gov wants us to go to prison. What motivation now exists to let them take us to trial?

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

On my post concerning the Olofson case. When you gain access to the page the URL sends you to, scroll down to the article titled Weapons of Choice in order to access the article.

Post imported post

One thing that people are missing here, a civil case vs. a criminal case. A jury has to agree 100% that a person is guilty in a criminal case. In a civil suit you have to be over 50% sure that the person or entity is guilty (that are being sued).The O.J. case in point, found not guilty of murder, but lost civil suit.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

The point I was trying to make is that our judicial system is so fickle that a person does not know the outcome until "after the fat lady sings".

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Has a date been set for the arguments?
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 - "A wise man's heart inclines him to the right, but the fool's heart to the left."

Post imported post

pvtschultz wrote:
    Has a date been set for the arguments?
    If you mean the trial, no.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Mea Culpa! I thought it was an appeals case for some reason.
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 - "A wise man's heart inclines him to the right, but the fool's heart to the left."

Post imported post

Wow I missed this before and just read it now. What a crock of $hit.

Post imported post

Anyone know the status of this case? Any schedule of when briefs have to be filed or a possible trial date? I am trying to follow this case an am having a hard time finding info. Thanks

Post imported post

Discovery ends 11/15. Dispositive motions are due 11/30.

Post imported post

Thanks JRM. Man I hope he prevails. What judge is the case assigned to?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast