Thread: Washington Cease Fire dilemma

Post imported post

I decided to browse their site (know thy enemy) and saw that they had a facebook page. Once I got there I had a total shock. They have a feature where people can 'become fans' of their organization and a little window that shows 6 of perhaps 50 or so fans of their site (fans include none other than Greg Nickels). By chance, I noticed the avatar of one of my Facebook friends, someone whom I attended High school and played rugby with. I had to sit and think about this for awhile, then wrote to him, expressing my sadness regarding his affiliation. If he were merely a random person from the past it would be one thing, but we have so many common friends, this might become an issue. I am an adamant supporter of our rights, and am very vocal to any person that supports or represents any organization that I oppose. Has anyone else had an incident like this? Any suggestions?

Post imported post

Solar wrote:
    I decided to browse their site (know thy enemy) and saw that they had a facebook page. Once I got there I had a total shock. They have a feature where people can 'become fans' of their organization and a little window that shows 6 of perhaps 50 or so fans of their site (fans include none other than Greg Nickels). By chance, I noticed the avatar of one of my Facebook friends, someone whom I attended High school and played rugby with. I had to sit and think about this for awhile, then wrote to him, expressing my sadness regarding his affiliation. If he were merely a random person from the past it would be one thing, but we have so many common friends, this might become an issue. I am an adamant supporter of our rights, and am very vocal to any person that supports or represents any organization that I oppose. Has anyone else had an incident like this? Any suggestions?
    Join a bunch of pro-2nd Amendment facebook groups. Every time you do it will pop up in the notifications and people will see it. Other than that, I wouldn't be too in-your-face about it. He has the opportunity now to have a civil debate with you and hopefully you can use that to advantage if he engages.

Post imported post

He responded with some of the same old arguments like the 2nd amendment has no place in the 21st century and that he sees no reason for anyone to carry a gun. He wants to agree to disagree. That would be fine with me regarding a friends opinion, however since he is actively giving his support to anti-gun groups and people like Greg Nickels I have decided to voice my opinion and counter arguments. Not that I will get anywhere... but I refuse to just do nothing.

Good idea though about joining those other groups. Thanks

Post imported post

Solar wrote:
    He responded with some of the same old arguments like the 2nd amendment has no place in the 21st century
    Ask him why haven't they proposed a Constitutional Amendment to repeal the Second? If the debate is going to continue.

Post imported post

Solar wrote:
    He responded with some of the same old arguments like the 2nd amendment has no place in the 21st century and that he sees no reason for anyone to carry a gun. He wants to agree to disagree. That would be fine with me regarding a friends opinion, however since he is actively giving his support to anti-gun groups and people like Greg Nickels I have decided to voice my opinion and counter arguments. Not that I will get anywhere... but I refuse to just do nothing.

Good idea though about joining those other groups. Thanks
    Mass printing and distribution of free thoughts using adhesives has no place in the 21st century, and I see no reason for anyone to put a bumper sticker on their car expressing political or religious opinion. Fortunately for a lot of idiots out there with ugly bumper stickers, the Constitution disagrees with what I think there is a reason for. Just because I think a bumper sticker is tacky (it is, after all, a sticker ) does not mean that I should be able to limit your freedom of expression through their use.
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States

Post imported post

I checked the facebook page, but didn't see anyone I know... other than Mayor McCheese.
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson