• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

May Camping Trip

packingmama

Campaign Veteran
imported post

So I am planning a camping trip the last weekend in May Thursday 28th -Sunday 31st. It might need to be changed to the weekend before which happens to land on Memorial weekend (which I would rather try and avoid). The places I was thinking of going was either Strawberry, Grantsville area or somewhere out West. I would like some input on areas you have been or places you would like to go. My main vote right now is somewhere out West because it is a more centralized location for everyone. I will be traveling to find a place this week, so please give your input ASAP.

Anyone is invited not just us who Carry - so bring your non-carrying friends or family to get them involved and to have a great time. The camping trip last year was a blast!

LovesHisXD45

imported post

packingmama wrote:
So I am planning a camping trip the last weekend in May Thursday 28th -Sunday 31st. It might need to be changed to the weekend before which happens to land on Memorial weekend (which I would rather try and avoid). The places I was thinking of going was either Strawberry, Grantsville area or somewhere out West. I would like some input on areas you have been or places you would like to go. My main vote right now is somewhere out West because it is a more centralized location for everyone. I will be traveling to find a place this week, so please give your input ASAP.

Anyone is invited not just us who Carry - so bring your non-carrying friends or family to get them involved and to have a great time. The camping trip last year was a blast!
Hey. :) If any single gals who know how to handle a gun will be there, I might actually consider going. hehehehe Nothing is more sexy than a woman who knows her way around a firearm. boooyaa!

Kevin

scorpioajr

imported post

LovesHisXD45 wrote:
packingmama wrote:

Hey. :) If any single gals who know how to handle a gun will be there, I might actually consider going. hehehehe Nothing is more sexy than a woman who knows her way around a firearm. boooyaa!

Kevin
I know my wife has some gun-loving sisters! i can see how dirty they are willing to get. Camping! Getting dirty while Camping...

Do ya'll pick a spot where its safe to shoot, or is it 'Carry Only' type of camping?

packingmama

Campaign Veteran
imported post

A place where we can shoot of course!:D Also where we don't have to pay a dime to camp.
Which means roughing it with no facilities unless you bring a camper.
We are bringing just a tent!:shock:

LovesHisXD45

imported post

ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
LovesHisXD45 wrote:
packingmama wrote:

Kevin
I know my wife has some gun-loving sisters! i can see how dirty they are willing to get. Camping! Getting dirty while Camping...

Do ya'll pick a spot where its safe to shoot, or is it 'Carry Only' type of camping?
lol :) Hey, if they are at least 30 years old and aren't afraid of a little outdoor dirt, then I'm all good. :) heheheh I have given up dating younger women. The just don't have what it takes to handle a real relationship.

rpyne

imported post

Darn, I already have commitments for that weekend.

There used to be some BLM unimproved camp sights in the canyons southwest of Grantsville where I and friends used to go camping. I haven't been out there for about 15 years now, so I don't know what the current status is.

packingmama

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Ok, for sure now it is going to be the last weekend of May 28th or 29th - 31st. It will be out West, but the destination is not 100% sure yet. I will know next week. Its a family event, so bring the kids and or friends, neighbors, etc. and don't forget the guns!!:shock::D:D

OfficerMatt

imported post

I would love to go camping! I have been looking for an excuse to go for a while now so it would be great to get out. Let me know what the final details are when it gets that far. :D

packingmama

Campaign Veteran
imported post

MuellerBadener wrote:
Any word yet on location?
TriciaDodge over at UCC has taken over. She is in the process of finding a location. I have had a few things come up and am not able to do so. But I will be there with my kids and it will still be the last weekend out West somewhere. So still plan for it! :D
Here is the link over at UCC -
http://www.utahconcealedcarry.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=5463

yo101jimmy

imported post

packingmama wrote:
MuellerBadener wrote:
Any word yet on location?
TriciaDodge over at UCC has taken over. She is in the process of finding a location. I have had a few things come up and am not able to do so. But I will be there with my kids and it will still be the last weekend out West somewhere. So still plan for it! :D
Here is the link over at UCC -
http://www.utahconcealedcarry.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=5463
NO I think the OCDO forum should take this back over! I never set up an UCC site :)

packingmama

Campaign Veteran
imported post

For those of you who didn't read the UCC post. Here it is again -
http://www.utahconcealedcarry.com/v...c62d9f821a66473dbd44c9ae9eb113&p=60698#p60698

We are going camping in the Hunstville / Liberty area. I am leaving today to go up and know of 5 other families that are coming. TriciaDodge at Utah Concealed Carry has all the details, the directions, and knows who is all coming up. You will need to PM her to get the juicy info.
Also Saturday dinner will be potluck, so bring a dish to share. Hope to see you there.