Thread: How to send Media files

Post imported post

Okay everyone. I've never done this before. I want to send a media file to someone and don't know how. Is it like sending pictures to someone (ie. photobucket or imageshack)?

Do I have to upload it to a host before sending or posting?

Post imported post

depends on how big the file is.
    you could send it as an email attachment if its small enough, gmail has a 25mb limit for attachments.
    If its larger I can provide you with a FTP site to upload it too.

Post imported post

maahes wrote:
    you could send it as an email attachment if its small enough, gmail has a 25mb limit for attachments.
    I figured I could send as an email attatchment, but what about PM through forums?

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

ghostrider wrote:
    maahes wrote:
    I figured I could send as an email attatchment, but what about PM through forums?
    When you get the window for sending a PM you can go to browse below the space for trying. Click browse and this will bring up you computer files. Find and click on the image you want to include. Check size limitations and make sure it's in .jpg or other acceptable formats. Then send.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

What about sending (or uploading) a flie that is 552 MB? I have something I want to send (or make available for someone to download)that is that big. How do you send, or upload files that large for free?

Edit for free

Post imported post

Try yousendit for large files. http://www.yousendit.com/

Post imported post

T Vance wrote:
    What about sending (or uploading) a flie that is 552 MB? I have something I want to send (or make available for someone to download)that is that big. How do you send, or upload files that large for free?

Edit for free
    If you are familiar with how to use FTP I can set you up with an account on one of my webservers.
    Some of them dont do anything anymore
    like this one:
    Total Bandwidth Provided: 8392 GB
    Total Used So Far: 0.021 GB
    Estimated Usage For Cycle: 0.048 GB

Post imported post

I've used zshare ...free but limited to 2gb. They just send you a link. Anything not downloaded for 60 days is removed, though.

http://www.zshare.net/
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.