• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Got my CHP today

Pagan

imported post

It took less than 30 days to recieve it in the mail:celebrate, not to bad. And Gloucester does not fingerprint! Now I don't to sweat the school zone thing anymore, which is the only reasonI got it, well that and inclement weather like the last 5 days!

DrMark

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Pagan wrote:
It took less than 30 days to recieve it in the mail:celebrate, not to bad. And Gloucester does not fingerprint! Now I don't to sweat the school zone thing anymore, which is the only reasonI got it, well that and inclement weather like the last 5 days!

Don't forget how it eases purchasing multiple handguns within a 30-day window!

Skelt11

imported post

Congrats!

30 days isn't bad at all!! I'm impressed with VA's permit process. Spotsy told me probably less than two weeks. Took me almost 3 months to get my TN permit!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Times have changed since I last saw Guinea Neck.

Rt.17 was a two lane road after Glouchester Pt. and Geo Ashe's store in Achilles was the P.O., gas station, gen. store and pool room. Doubt more than a mere handful even remember it.

And the Sheriff back then had little tolerance for citizens carrying handguns.

Yata hey

Pagan

imported post

Guinea is still very rural even by Gloucester standards, I have been down here since 1998 and except for the mosqitoes and may flies, which are not too bad,I love it down here.

The people down here are very clannish, and loyal to family and neighbors for the most part, and respect each others privacy for the most part. Always a few busy body's any where you go, but freedom and indepenence are a constant attitude I havenoticedin Guinea Neck.

And the folks down this way, have NO problem putting over zealous LEO's and county employees in their place either; atleast that has been my experience. I may be a "come here" but I certainly feel kinship and loyalty to my neighbors, kinda cool really:dude:.