• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CLARIFICATIONS

BUCKDODGER

Banned
imported post

IN PORTLAND, OREGON:

1. Can I open carry my handgun without a licence? And how do I do that?
(Loaded? Clip seperate? Etc...)

2. What about AR15 Pistols?
(.223 and/or 5.56? Magazine amount fine?)

I know this is a somewhat redundant post... but after searching this forum, I have come accross many opinions. Opinions are dangerouse in this genre. I need pure clarification from someone who knows. Not an opinion. Please.

adamsesq

imported post

BUCKDODGER wrote:
IN PORTLAND, OREGON:

1. Can I open carry my handgun without a licence? And how do I do that?
(Loaded? Clip seperate? Etc...)

2. What about AR15 Pistols?
(.223 and/or 5.56? Magazine amount fine?)

I know this is a somewhat redundant post... but after searching this forum, I have come accross many opinions. Opinions are dangerouse in this genre. I need pure clarification from someone who knows. Not an opinion. Please.

You will get nothing but opinions here. If you want "pure clairifcation from someone who knows" and I assume you want to add "that I can count on" then I suggest you hire a lawyer to give you advice. And even then you will get an "opinion." It will be an educated opinion but it will still be an opinion none-the-less.

But here are some things that might help you form YOUR opinion:

166.210 Definitions.
As used in ORS 166.250 to 166.270, 166.291 to 166.295 and 166.410 to 166.470:

(3) “Firearm” means a weapon, by whatever name known, which is designed to expel a projectile by the action of powder and which is readily capable of use as a weapon.

(5) “Handgun” means any pistol or revolver using a fixed cartridge containing a propellant charge, primer and projectile, and designed to be aimed or fired otherwise than from the shoulder.

(11) “Short-barreled rifle” means a rifle having one or more barrels less than 16 inches in length and any weapon made from a rifle if the weapon has an overall length of less than 26 inches.

[Amended by 1977 c.769 §1; 1979 c.779 §3; 1989 c.839 §1; 1993 c.735 §14; 1995 c.670 §3; 1999 c.1040 §2; 2001 c.666 §§32,44; 2003 c.614 §7; 2007 c.368 §1]

166.250 Unlawful possession of firearms. (1) Except as otherwise provided in this section or ORS 166.260, 166.270, 166.274, 166.291, 166.292 or 166.410 to 166.470, a person commits the crime of unlawful possession of a firearm if the person knowingly:[/b]

(a) Carries any firearm concealed upon the person;

(b) Possesses a handgun that is concealed and readily accessible to the person within any vehicle; or

(3) Firearms carried openly in belt holsters are not concealed within the meaning of this section.

(4) Unlawful possession of a firearm is a Class A misdemeanor. [Amended by 1979 c.779 §4; 1985 c.543 §3; 1989 c.839 §13; 1993 c.732 §1; 1993 c.735 §12; 1999 c.1040 §1; 2001 c.666 §§33,45; 2003 c.614 §8]

166.173 Authority of city or county to regulate possession of loaded firearms in public places. (1) A city or county may adopt ordinances to regulate, restrict or prohibit the possession of loaded firearms in public places as defined in ORS 161.015.

And from the Portland Code:

14A.60.010 Possession of a Loaded Firearm in a Public Place. class=small- Printable Version

class=medium

A.
It is unlawful for any person to knowingly possess or carry a firearm, in or upon a public place, including while in a vehicle in a public place, recklessly having failed to remove all the ammunition from the firearm.

B. It is unlawful for any person to knowingly possess or carry a firearm and that firearm’s clip or magazine, in or upon a public place, including while in a vehicle in a public place, recklessly having failed to remove all the ammunition from the clip or magazine.

To provide anything else to you would be an opinion and it doesn't sound like you want that. Oh, wait a minute, that was my opinion...sorry.

-adamsesq

BUCKDODGER

Banned
imported post

I like the sarcasm... but a simple "I don't know" would work.
Being that your an attorney, you probably have a problem saying that?
Why post the same thing I could of, in fact have, read?
Why post anything at all, if I specifically asked for a non-opinion?
Bottom line, your beating around the bush. And did nothing for this thread.
Thanks for nothing law man.

IF ANYONE ACTUALLY KNOWS, IN SIMPLE HUMAN TERMS, THE ANSWERS TO MY QUESTION... PLEASE REPLY.

OTHERWISE, WE HAVE AN ATTORNEY WHO CAN REGURGITATE WRITTEN LAW TO US LIKE WE CAN'T READ. GOOD JOB.
OH, AND WHAT ABOUT THE AR15 PISTOL??? COULDN'T FIND SOMETHING ALREADY WRITTEN IN THE BOOKS TO PRETEND YOU HAVE KNOWLEDGE ABOUT?

LIKE I SAID, OPINION IS DANGEROUS IN THIS GENRE.
POST A STRAIGHT FORWARD FACT. WE ARENT POLITICIANS.

adamsesq

imported post

BUCKDODGER wrote:

IF ANYONE ACTUALLY KNOWS, IN SIMPLE HUMAN TERMS, THE ANSWERS TO MY QUESTION... PLEASE REPLY.

OTHERWISE, WE HAVE AN ATTORNEY WHO CAN REGURGITATE WRITTEN LAW TO US LIKE WE CAN'T READ. GOOD JOB.
OH, AND WHAT ABOUT THE AR15 PISTOL??? COULDN'T FIND SOMETHING ALREADY WRITTEN IN THE BOOKS TO PRETEND YOU HAVE KNOWLEDGE ABOUT?

You are clearly not long for this forum.

The fact is that I DO know. But I did the best I could within the confines that you gave me. I posted all the law necessary to answer your questions. In fact I even sorted out the irrelevant parts of several of the statutes for you so you would not have to wade through them. If you want someone to further interpret these laws for you you are asking for an opinion.

I will give you this opinion, even though I can pretty much calculate how it will be received: If you can't find the answers you need with what has been given you then you need to hire an attorney. And even if you were so inclined, the answer is "no," based on your attitude here my office has no interest in you as a client.

-adamsesq

BUCKDODGER

Banned
imported post

Trust me boy, I wouldn't hire a snot nose such as yourself. The fact that you think I would "be so inclined" just goes to show how far your head is up your own ass.

I've read your posts. They are the same gibberish. Do you like pretending to be important?

Stop posting here if you don't have the answers law man. I'm sure some people will still think your important. Now you've dirty my thread with nonsense. Exactly what I did not want. I hope your more effective for your clients.

As for my attitude, yeah... Some snot nose posted a bunch of garbage on my thread, didn't answer the questions, pretended to be important, and worst of all... tried to be sarcastic about it. You sir, are an ass. STOP POSTING HERE!

Opinion. You have opinions. I deal in facts. Especially when they are important to the lives of good citizens. What the hell am I gonna do with your opinions? What is your opinion worth? Here are some opinions, just so you can get a taste of how they are ineffective in the real world...
1. Women who wear short skirts are "askin for it".
2. The sky is green. And the grass is blue.
3. Attorneys have thin pale penises, and have sex with their black socks on.
Do these opinions help you?

I'm sure you wont be able to fight the urge to post a nice half-witted reply.

adamsesq

imported post

BUCKDODGER wrote:
Trust me boy, I wouldn't hire a snot nose such as yourself. The fact that you think I would "be so inclined" just goes to show how far your head is up your own ass.

I've read your posts. They are the same gibberish. Do you like pretending to be important?

Stop posting here if you don't have the answers law man. I'm sure some people will still think your important. Now you've dirty my thread with nonsense. Exactly what I did not want. I hope your more effective for your clients.

As for my attitude, yeah... Some snot nose posted a bunch of garbage on my thread, didn't answer the questions, pretended to be important, and worst of all... tried to be sarcastic about it. You sir, are an ass. STOP POSTING HERE!

Opinion. You have opinions. I deal in facts. Especially when they are important to the lives of good citizens. What the hell am I gonna do with your opinions? What is your opinion worth? Here are some opinions, just so you can get a taste of how they are ineffective in the real world...
1. Women who wear short skirts are "askin for it".
2. The sky is green. And the grass is blue.
3. Attorneys have thin pale penises, and have sex with their black socks on.
Do these opinions help you?

I'm sure you wont be able to fight the urge to post a nice half-witted reply.

Preserved for posterity. No reply really necessary.

-adamsesq

Jenshubby

imported post

BUCKDODGER wrote:

Buckdodger,

You are both rude and immature. You were given the answer in any language that a LEO would speak (i.e. ORS). It is a FACT that you are not reading your own post and/or expecting your hand be held. Sell your guns, buy a tie dyed t-shirt, and go away.

P.S.: Adamsesq DOES know what he's talking about.

BUCKDODGER

Banned
imported post

JENNSHUBBY,

I'm glad you've jumped on the stupid asshole train. How is it? Hows Jenn? Hows life as an idiot?

You guys are really this stupid? And have guns? Wow. No wonder why I do what I do for a living. Good post. Thanks for answering the questions, too. Your brilliant.

Jenshubby

imported post

You have no right to pick on the Navy, much less a commissioned officer. Your posts states that you do indeed wish to be taken by the hand, lead by those more grown up than you (and who can read), and can tell you what you "can and can't do". Do you think when you get stopped by a PPD officer, your excuse of "This guy I know told me..." will work? There are ORS for a reason. If you want to know what you can and can't legally do, either read the ORS or ask a lawyer to do it for you. Adamesq gave you free legal advice. You should be thankful. Nooo! Instead, you're rude and lack brain matter. Do yourself a favor and press ALT and F4 at the same time.

Jenshubby

imported post

BUCKDODGER wrote:
JENNSHUBBY,

I'm glad you've jumped on the stupid @#$% train. How is it? Hows Jenn? Hows life as an idiot?

You guys are really this stupid? And have guns? Wow. No wonder why I do what I do for a living. Good post. Thanks for answering the questions, too. Your brilliant.
At least I know what I speak (and type) about. If you're going to try to be offensive, here's a little tip: learn proper English so that YOU don't look like the idiot which you are.

FogRider

imported post

Fact: If you come to a forum (of any kind, not just online), make demands, ignore the answers, insult the members, demand that THEY leave, you will not get help.

Opinion: You have been nothing but rude. You have come to this forum and made demands. When you didn't get exactly what you wanted, you proceed to tell the person trying to help you that he was ignorant and should leave the forum. I would honestly be amazed if you got any more help. I would suggest you either leave, of stop making an ass of yourself.

Jenshubby

imported post

FogRider wrote:
Fact: If you come to a forum (of any kind, not just online), make demands, ignore the answers, insult the members, demand that THEY leave, you will not get help.

Opinion: You have been nothing but rude. You have come to this forum and made demands. When you didn't get exactly what you wanted, you proceed to tell the person trying to help you that he was ignorant and should leave the forum. I would honestly be amazed if you got any more help. I would suggest you either leave, of stop making an ass of yourself.
You might have to put that in crayon so he understands...

TechnoTherapist

imported post

Jesus H. Christ BuckDoger, you got your answer in the first post, but since you obviously are not educated enough to understand the 'legalese', or a grasp of the English language, then I'll translate for you in simpleton, as I have to do every day for snot nosed brats like you.

Yes, you can open carry, with the magazine in, but if you go onto public property or into a private home, other than your own home, even while in your own car, it has to be unloaded.

Basically, unless you're on your own property, or inside your own home, don't open carry and have it loaded.

My advise is to call a lawyer to verify this, and my opinion is to sell ALL of your firearms, as you obviously are not intelligent enough to own them.

Yes, I'll feed the troll, because I have fun warming up on little pricks like you. By the way, I'm not in your state, and damn glad that I'm not if there are people like you there. I got all of my information simply by reading what was already posted.

Cy

TechnoTherapist

imported post

WTF is THIS? How much does stardust weigh? Are you smoking the stardust? You've already proven, more than once, with your grasp of the English language that you are, in fact, NOT a genius.

Or was that all a 'ruse' as well, as you are saying your 'question' was when it was originally asked so it could be easily found for other readers. Its not easily found because its an easy answer people can understand as they do their own research.

You know what... you're fun... I like you... I bet I could make you cry like a girl.

Cy

Jenshubby

imported post

TechnoTherapist wrote:
WTF is THIS? How much does stardust weigh? Are you smoking the stardust? You've already proven, more than once, with your grasp of the English language that you are, in fact, NOT a genius.

Or was that all a 'ruse' as well, as you are saying your 'question' was when it was originally asked so it could be easily found for other readers. Its not easily found because its an easy answer people can understand as they do their own research.

You know what... you're fun... I like you... I bet I could make you cry like a girl.

Cy
You might already have made him cry like a girl, TT. Or is he sniffing his stardust right now? It's the return of the mall ninja who has saved our life at least twice because he is part of a "security" force.