• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to OC in Loudoun

G26-VA

imported post

So, I OC'd for the first time tonight. Bought a Glock 26 at the last gun show in Chantilly. I've been reading posts on here for about a week and a half...trying to gather as much info as I could, and get up enough courage to actually go out and do it. Went out to Winchester tonight with the wife and kids to Chili's. Got a quick glance from the host, but other than that, no one seemed to stare, nor did they say anything. Good first experience overall after my nerves settled.

Wanted to come out to the OC dinner on Thursday, but I have other obligations that night...maybe I'll make the next one.

Applied for a CHP last week, so we'll see how long that takes to get here.

Thanks for all the good info you guys have been posting.

bdodds

imported post

it's a bit like flying for the first time or taking a roller coaster or something, once you get into it a bit you realize it's not bad at all and your nerves calm.. once you start incorporating it into your daily life you map out exactly what you can do and where and you become more confident in your actions (actions in this case meaning where to carry in which mode, what is legal, what isn't, and what to say if confronted), and before you know it, it's like you never weren't doing it.. it's important to get comfortable with the law and private property rights, and always concentrate first and foremost on safety (imho) and never letting your guard down.. good opsec and situational awareness is key..

bdodds

imported post

oh, duh, also, welcome! loudoun is a nice place to carry, i'm finding that it's relatively friendly..