• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

TWISTED BARREL ___ ABOMINATION

Tomahawk

imported post

This entire thread is one big useless rant. Complaining about an antigunsculpture in front of the antigun UN. So? Who hasn't seen or heard of that before? This is OCDO. Preaching to a choir.

What exactly do you propose we do about about it?

For possible solutions, he writes:
A.] Let's remove it .

B.] Maybe cut the twist off and make it a roscoe snub .

How, exactly, he plans to do this without trespassing or vandalizing he doesn't say.

Not to mention that the statue is an inanimate object, a mere symbol. Concentrating on changing people's minds and changing laws.

I suggest starting your own blog site, where you can rant away to your heart's content. But for your own sake, try to write something relevant.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Thundar wrote:
That dumb statue just accentuates the lack of reason inside that building.

Let it stand as a monument tothe stupid and bigoted human rights absconders that dwell there.

And as fair warning to those who recognize what it means.

Rather than cut that one down, maybe someone will one day commission another statue, more explicit. Maybe a middle class family in chains with the long end of the chainyanked tight in the hands of the High Commissioner or Hegemon.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
This entire thread is one big useless rant. Complaining about an antigunsculpture in front of the antigun UN. So? Who hasn't seen or heard of that before? This is OCDO. Preaching to a choir.
You know, initially I felt the same way about this sort of thread.

Then I remembered back to my first months on OCDO and VCDL's e-mail alert when I was totallynew tothe 2A movement.

I remember sitting down and reading every single archived VCDL e-mail alert available at that time across a few evenings. One amazing--to me--thing after another.

I think there are plenty of new guys, both members and readers who haven't registered, for whom someof this type of stuff is brand new.

Some months after joining VCDL, the same thing happened to me here on OCDO. I followedevery link,reading blog after linked blog,following the links on the blogs. Interest soaring,insatiable to learn more.

It took a while before I was "up to speed" on the 2A world and wasn't finding much new or interesting regarding RKBA.

Of course, aftera point the "rant" level stuff becameuninteresting. Once you hear the generally simpleand superficialitem a few times, you understand and know it, its not new anymore, and it becomes boring to read it again.

But I well remember those early days when even the "rant" was totally new.

So, I just glance in on these threads to see if there is a new angle on an idea I already know, and otherwise let them serve to info the new guys.

Flintlock

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:

And that separates this one from the countless other threads,how?

Why does this get you all bunched up anyway? I for one, was not aware of the sculpture and now I can at leastwrite my represenatives about it. We are still the highest funder of the U.N. and it is on our soil...

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

Flintlock wrote:

Why does this get you all bunched up anyway? I for one, was not aware of the sculpture and now I can at leastwrite my represenatives about it. We are still the highest funder of the U.N. and it is on our soil....

The United Nations want to take away our right to OC .

United Nations

871 United Nations Plaza

New York City , N.Y. 10017-1845

Alexcabbie

imported post

The UN wants to eliminate "light arms" from the planet (except for government entities). The UN wants to do a bunch of other stuff too. The UN was fine until all these chump-change mudholes got admitted and from that point on it has become a collection of little p**sant nations leveraging their votes to promogulate ever-more bizarre treaties designed to ultimately transfer money and power from the USA and other wealthy free nations into the coffers of dirt-poor 3rd world dictatorships.

The original object of the UN was to avoid another global conflict by bringing the MAJOR PLAYERS into a global forum. But the whole thing has gotten out of hand and reall the UN is irrelevant. The General Assembly is a joke and the Security Council would starve if the subject being debated were what to order for lunch. It amounts to a grand council of gangsters and whores, and the USA would do well to abndon it, kick it out (let them meet in Brussels) and found a new "Union of Free States", to which any State of the United States would be free to send a representative or not.

Better still, just kick the UN out of the USA, announce that any decicision of the UN will no longer be binding on or of anny effect as regards the US, and do something to remind everyone that WE OWN THE PLANET and nothing goes down unless we allow it. And then stop putting up with so much guff.

Flintlock

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Flintlock wrote:
snip........
I for one, was not aware of the sculpture and now I can at leastwrite my represenatives about it. We are still the highest funder of the U.N. and it is on our soil...
No it is not.
http://www.un.org/geninfo/faq/factsheets/FS23.HTM

Yata hey

Actually, I did know that Grapeshot. I meant my remark as a stab toward the fact that the U.N. claims internationalland on our soil. That just seems to be very treasonous to me for the U.S. government to allow that.

If we ceased all funding and kicked them off OUR land, then they would crumble and die, IMO.

Tomahawk

imported post

The US government is largely responsible for the existence of the UN. If you want to know why we suffer through the UN's nonsense, take a look at some of the politicans you've supported over the years.