Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BMWAG in Suffolk

Post imported post

I read (or thought I did) the whole thread... I was like a crack-ho looking for the next fix... I didn't even skip to the end and I thought I was awake for all of it, too.

What was the final result?

Danbus: In the event you decide to take one piece of Chris Rock's advice (get a white friend) and want to hang out, I'd love to hear about your experiences. I need to further my knowledge base about OC.

Mike

"If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

Remington 1911 R1 (Back to Basics)
    SERPA retention or concealed...

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
    (Borrowed from "The Perfect Day" by LTC Dave Grossman)

Post imported post

Long story short

Dan won. Charges thrown out. Hopefully a lawsuit or three are being prepared against the city and the PD.

The problem with the internet is nobody can really tell when you’re serious and when you’re being sarcastic. –Abraham Lincoln

Post imported post

Thank you.
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

Remington 1911 R1 (Back to Basics)
    SERPA retention or concealed...

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
    (Borrowed from "The Perfect Day" by LTC Dave Grossman)

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

There are multiple threads on Danbus - even relating just to the Waterside incident.

Short version of long story - not much basis in this case for notable lawsuit - maybe just for recovery of legal fees. We shall see though - haven't heard much from Dan lately.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    There are multiple threads on Danbus - even relating just to the Waterside incident.

Short version of long story - not much basis in this case for notable lawsuit - maybe just for recovery of legal fees. We shall see though - haven't heard much from Dan lately.

Yata hey
    Dan was at the last Tidewater OC Dining Out, and said he was still looking for a lawyer...
    A law-abiding citizen should be able to carry his personal protection firearm anywhere that an armed criminal might go.

Member VCDL, NRA

Post imported post

ChinChin wrote:
    Long story short

Dan won. Charges thrown out. Hopefully a lawsuit or three are being prepared against the city and the PD.

I thought Danbus was convicted in the Suffolk case? Obstruction of justice, I think.

Pretty foolish, that, walking up to a police investigation while OCingand asking what what was goin' on. What was he thinking? :shock:

Post imported post

WOS wrote:
    I thought Danbus was convicted in the Suffolk case? Obstruction of justice, I think.

Pretty foolish, that, walking up to a police investigation while OCingand asking what what was goin' on. What was he thinking? :shock:
    WRONG.

[line]

Apparently the Judge agreed with Dan.

If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    Maybe he was thinking "I'm a lawfully armed citizen and I am curious why there is a swarm of law enforcement personnel suspiciously congregated in one place," against which there is no known statute or ordinance to prevent.

The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Post imported post

HankT wrote:

Dang, Hank. Leaving yourself open to scrutiny like that. Why would you say you think, he who is so detail oriented? You must be slipping, lol. Must be swine flu.

Post imported post

Agent86 wrote:
    WRONG.

You mean it's WRONG that it's foolish to walk up toa police investigation while OCing an asking what was goin' on?

Or that it is WRONGthat Danbus was convicted?

Agent86 wrote:

"Apparently?" You mean you don't know?

Can't you, um, call someone and find out for sure????

Post imported post

bohdi wrote:
    HankT wrote:

Dang, Hank. Leaving yourself open to scrutiny like that. Why would you say you think, he who is so detail oriented? You must be slipping, lol.
    Must be swine flu.
    :what:I didn't know Hank could fly.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

Agent19 wrote:
    It's a well kept secret.

Flying ain't the hard part - landing is.

Yata hey

See sheeple and flying pig.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

Sorry guys, "still looking for a lawyer" = no case. Looks like Dan will have to sell some more of his guns.

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    ChinChin wrote:
    Long story short

Yeah, that moron. I mean what was he thinking. He may have seen something! How dare a stupid citizen do nothing illegal!

What a moron! He should know his place.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

The cop moved, the case was thrown out by the judge. No conviction.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    Agent19 wrote:
    It's a well kept secret.

Flying ain't the hard part - landing is.

Yata hey

See sheeple and flying pig.
    That's not nice Grapeshot!

Hank just got married in Joisy

Post imported post

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

Oh, come on now, Rev73.

Danbus pleaded guilty. He was convicted.

IIRC, he explained in his thread about the court proceedings.

ChinChin wrote:
    Long story short

Agent19 wrote:
    WRONG.

[line]

Reverend73 wrote:
    The cop moved, the case was thrown out by the judge. No conviction.

bohdi wrote:
    Dang, Hank. Leaving yourself open to scrutiny like that. Why would you say you think, he who is so detail oriented? You must be slipping, lol.
    Slipping, eh?

Post imported post

Can somebody post a link to back up what they're saying? Otherwise, you're all just talking out your a$$.

Actually, let me rephrase that. The other guys can only provide links to things that didn't happen, which I can recall anyway. I don't remember Danladi ever being convicted of anything, or losing any lawsuits.

So Hank, can you please post a link to a post where Danladi said he was convicted of a crime? I can find the posts where he wasn't convicted all by myself, since they are numerous.

Post imported post

Yes, slipping. Your response timegreatly exceeded your historical statistical average. A sub par performance to be sure.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Hank, you are wrong. I just got off the phone with Dan. I was correct. The cop moved, the case was dismissed. No conviction.

Post imported post

bohdi wrote:
    Yes, slipping. Your response timegreatly exceeded your historical statistical average. A sub par performance to be sure.
    Ah, but is the difference statistically significant? What're the mean and standard deviation, d'ya know?

Hey, wait a minute...is response time even the relevant criterion here?:P

TexasNative wrote:
    Can somebody post a link to back up what they're saying? Otherwise, you're all just talking out your a$$.

Actually, let me rephrase that. The other guys can only provide links to things that didn't happen, which I can recall anyway. I don't remember Danladi ever being convicted of anything, or losing any lawsuits.

So Hank, can you please post a link to a post where Danladi said he was convicted of a crime? I can find the posts where he wasn't convicted all by myself, since they are numerous.
    Sure, I'll look it up for ....here is one:

Season Finale

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/9358-1.html

Post imported post

It must be 3:00

Wasteof Skinwrote:
    The kids are out of school playing on the computer.

[line]

You should really give the thinking thing up, it isn't working for you.

Post a link to the conviction or go back into hiding.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

Agent86 wrote:
    It must be 3:00

HankT wrote:
    The kids are out of school playing on the computer.

[line]

You should really give the thinking thing up, it isn't working for you.

Post a link to the conviction or go back into hiding.

Huh? Would you beleeeeeeive, I just did, 86?

Post imported post

So, WOS what part of dismissed= convicted?

~Alan Korwin

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast