• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

BMWAG in Suffolk

Reverend73

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Hank, you are wrong. I just got off the phone with Dan. I was correct. The cop moved, the case was dismissed. No conviction.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

bohdi wrote:
Yes, slipping. Your response timegreatly exceeded your historical statistical average. A sub par performance to be sure.

Ah, but is the difference statistically significant? What're the mean and standard deviation, d'ya know?

Hey, wait a minute...is response time even the relevant criterion here?:p

TexasNative wrote:
Can somebody post a link to back up what they're saying? Otherwise, you're all just talking out your a$$.

Actually, let me rephrase that. The other guys can only provide links to things that didn't happen, which I can recall anyway. I don't remember Danladi ever being convicted of anything, or losing any lawsuits.

So Hank, can you please post a link to a post where Danladi said he was convicted of a crime? I can find the posts where he wasn't convicted all by myself, since they are numerous.
Sure, I'll look it up for ....here is one:

Season Finale

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/9358-1.html

Marco

imported post

It must be 3:00

Wasteof Skinwrote:
Danbus pleaded guilty. He was convicted.
The kids are out of school playing on the computer.

[line]

You should really give the thinking thing up, it isn't working for you.

Post a link to the conviction or go back into hiding.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Agent86 wrote:
It must be 3:00

HankT wrote:
Danbus pleaded guilty. He was convicted.
The kids are out of school playing on the computer.

[line]

You should really give the thinking thing up, it isn't working for you.

Post a link to the conviction or go back into hiding.

Huh? Would you beleeeeeeive, I just did, 86?

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Agent86 wrote:
So, WOS what part of dismissed= convicted?

Max, Max....

580865728_eae09ba481.jpg

bohdi

imported post

HankT wrote:
bohdi wrote:
Yes, slipping. Your response timegreatly exceeded your historical statistical average. A sub par performance to be sure.

Ah, but is the difference statistically significant? What're the mean and standard deviation, d'ya know?

Hey, wait a minute...is response time even the relevant criterion here?:p
Depends on what is being evaluated. Your statements of surety of postion ("I think" vs "I know"). Normally you wouldn't make statements that contain a hint of self doubt. I suspect you are not the real HankT based on that.

wrightme

imported post

So HankT, apparently, you are only playing silly word games. Either that, or you genuinely believe the link you provided shows danbus getting convicted?

Semantics aside, danbus was not convicted, correct?

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

wrightme wrote:
So HankT, apparently, you are only playing silly word games. Either that, or you genuinely believe the link you provided shows danbus getting convicted?

Semantics aside, danbus was not convicted, correct?

Did you read this part, writeme? No, I don't mean to write me. Just post if you read this part:

Since his troubles in Norfolk, Moore has been arrested in Hampton and Suffolk, both times on the charge of obstructing justice. In each case, Moore, refused to show police officers his ID.

"This is America," he said. "I don't have to show my papers every time someone asks."

Charges were dismissed in Hampton, but Moore was found guilty in Suffolk. In that incident, he had approached officers investigating a vandalism.

Moore, whose sentencing is scheduled for later this month, said he knows he was pushing the envelope.

"I was tired of getting hassled, and I was going at this as the perfect opportunity to let police know, 'Look, you can't do this,' " Moore said. "I don't think I'll do it that way again."

http://hamptonroads.com/2008/03/caught-arms-race-virginians-pack-more-guns

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I recall the so-called "guilty" case. The judge made such a preliminary finding, then put Danladi on probation for one month(?!). During that time the probation officer refused to open a case, as he said he'd never heard of a one month probation. Dan went on some police ride-alongs, and enjoyed them a lot. When he came back to court after a month, he related his experiences, saying he had gotten a better perspective on what LEO's do, and (pretty much at my suggestion) said to the judge that he hadn't shown the best judgment in his behavior, and realized he should have handled it differently. The judge seemed impressed by this, then chatted good-naturedly with Dan for a while, and said something like "It looks as though you've learned your lesson, young man" and dismissed the case. Dan has no conviction record on any of his cases.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Dutch Uncle wrote:
I recall the so-called "guilty" case. The judge made such a preliminary finding, then put Danladi on probation for one month(?!).

So, Danbus pleaded "guilty?"

And the preliminary finding was "guilty?"

Is that it, Dutch Uncle?

Dutch Uncle wrote:
During that time the probation officer refused to open a case, as he said he'd never heard of a one month probation. Dan went on some police ride-alongs, and enjoyed them a lot.
Probation. That's for, like, um, guilty people, right? Something like this, perhaps:

Probation: A sentence whereby a convict is released from confinement but is still under court supervision; a testing or a trial period. Probation can be given in lieu of a prison term or can suspend a prison sentence if the convict has consistently demonstrated good behavior.

Dutch Uncle wrote:
When he came back to court after a month, he related his experiences, saying he had gotten a better perspective on what LEO's do, and (pretty much at my suggestion) said to the judge that he hadn't shown the best judgment in his behavior, and realized he should have handled it differently. The judge seemed impressed by this, then chatted good-naturedly with Dan for a while, and said something like "It looks as though you've learned your lesson, young man" and dismissed the case. Dan has no conviction record on any of his cases.

That's great, that Danbus bonded with the judge. That he told the judge "he hadn't shown the best judgment in his behavior, and realized he should have handled it differently."

Of course, an hour after impressing the judge, Danbus posted here:

"I DO NOT believe I was neither wrong in the matter nor guilty of ANY crime. As far as the charge being obstructing justice, my presence in an area of possible criminal activity WHILE armed does not make a LEO's job impossible or near impossible to perform his/her duty. It does indeed make a LEO uncomfortable or his/her job difficult, but that itself is not illegal."

Guess it depends on the audience, eh, doc? Gotta connect wit da audience. Gotta keep it real...

I would agree that Danbus does not have a "guilty" against his record now.

Notanymore.

wrightme

imported post

HankT, it is nice that you found a news article. Is that a court document or does it reference a court document that supports your contention?

In other words, it is a media story. Do you feel the media is infallible? Was he convicted of a crime?

To redirect, here is the link you presented to back up your contention:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/9358-1.html

danbus wrote:
After much time has passed since Oct 21, the judge has finally ruled a judgment.

DISSMISSED

I am pleased to say that I have "learned" my lesson and among other things, have a new respect for LEOs. Dealing with past issues with OCing and the police have caused me to have a tainted view of how they treat OCers. After this experience along with police ride-a-longs, it is now easier for me to understand what a LEO must go through day in and day out.

HOWEVER

I DO NOT believe I was neither wrong in the matter nor guilty of ANY crime. As far as the charge being obstructing justice, my presence in an area of possible criminal activity WHILE armed does not make a LEO's job impossible or near impossible to perform his/her duty. It does indeed make a LEO uncomfortable or his/her job difficult, but that itself is not illegal.

I will continue my pursuit in a career as a LEO so I may bring balance to the force. (lol)

And MUCH MUCH MUCH thanks to all that have supported me and given me priceless advice. You know who you are!

And for those few who thought I was done for and gave somewhat negative thoughts and feelings on the matter...thanks for giving me more motivation to see you fail while trying to see me fail.
Please note the portion in bold. Please if you will, note the portion of the post or thread you referenced that supports your contention. You may be technically correct, but you have not shown your contention to be correct.

TexasNative

imported post

But, but, but...Hank knows more about Virginia all the way up there in New Jersey than those of us who live here.

So you should just sit down and shut up. Hank understands that "Dismissed" means "Convicted," and if you can't understand that, it just shows how little you understand about Virginia law. Maybe you should move to New Jersey so you can learn more about the laws of the Commonwealth.

~ Boyd

P.S. Can I take my tongue out of my cheek now?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

TexasNative wrote:
But, but, but...Hank knows more about Virginia all the way up there in New Jersey than those of us who live here.

So you should just sit down and shut up. Hank understands that "Dismissed" means "Convicted," and if you can't understand that, it just shows how little you understand about Virginia law. Maybe you should move to New Jersey so you can learn more about the laws of the Commonwealth.

~ Boyd

You can take that stick out of Hank's tender place too. :D

Actually HankT means well - he's just a product of his environment. :lol:

Yata hey

wrightme

imported post

TexasNative wrote:

~ Boyd

Sure, but you can simply use the "tags." :lol:

</tongue-cheek>

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
imported post

TexasNative wrote:

~ Boyd

HankT knows all. Actually I think the T stands for troll. If everyone in VA would ignore this jerk he would eventually go away. :banghead:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Everybody has opinions - at least one - and HankT is trying.:lol:

Yata hey

ChinChin

imported post

HankT

You seem to have a personal vendetta against Dan for his actions, post and prolog to the various incidents.

You had the exact same reaction to Zach Doty 2 years ago.

What is the genesis of your animosity? What specifically do you object to in both situations and what is the motivation in exhuming a year old dead-thread?

What is your agenda? What is it you are hoping to accomplish?

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

ChinChin wrote:
...what is the motivation in exhuming a year old dead-thread?

Huh?

See the OP:

MSC 45ACP wrote:
I read (or thought I did) the whole thread... I was like a crack-ho looking for the next fix... I didn't even skip to the end and I thought I was awake for all of it, too.

What was the final result?

Danbus: In the event you decide to take one piece of Chris Rock's advice (get a white friend) and want to hang out, I'd love to hear about your experiences. I need to further my knowledge base about OC.

Mike