• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

BMWAG in Suffolk

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Whether your surrounded by friends or otherwise at least you'll be never lonely.
:) :) :)
:) :) :uhoh: :) :)

ROFL!!!

That was good. How long did it take you to put that together?

Edited to add: I think there is something not quite right with you. I think your trunnions need grease or something. :D:p

Edited to add add: Thank you for at least leaving out the part about "...(f)aggity white uniform and show me some respect..." :D

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Citizen wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
Whether your surrounded by friends or otherwise at least you'll be never lonely.
:) :) :)
:) :) :uhoh: :) :)
ROFL!!!

That was good. How long did it take you to put that together?

Edited to add: I think there is something not quite right with you. I think your trunnions need grease or something. :D:p

Edited to add add: Thank you for at least leaving out the part about "...4aggity white uniform and show me some respect..." :D
Iron gudgeons with brass halves don't need much but a spit or two.

Appreciate the recognition though - gratefully received.

I wasn't going to bring the tight white thing up but since you did..............:lol:

Yata hey

PS - I salute you...........Mr. Johns, on my command........

Neplusultra

imported post

You know I was going to post along the same joke line, but you guys beat me to it. I'm not sure if I should be in awe, feel comradery, or wonder about the orientation of your compass :^).

KBCraig

imported post

HankT wrote:
1) Danbus was charged with obstruction of justice.2)Danbus pleaded guilty. 3) Danbus was convicted. 4) Got ordered probation. 5) Danbus fulfilled the judge's requirements and the judge changed his guilty verdict to "Dismissed."
Solid evidence that HankTroll has no clue how deferred adjudication works.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
You know I was going to post along the same joke line, but you guys beat me to it. I'm not sure if I should be in awe, feel comradery, or wonder about the orientation of your compass :^).

(Yeah, who knew you could makesuggestive jokes using old muzzle-loading cannon nomenclature. :))

I think he's been passing a little too much hemp through the loopin his cascable. :D

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Citizen wrote:
Neplusultra wrote:
(Yeah, who knew you could makesuggestive jokes using old muzzle-loading cannon nomenclature. :))

I think he's been passing a little too much hemp through the loopin his cascable. :D
I represent that remark. :D

Yata hey

taurusfan

imported post

HankT wrote:

1) Danbus was charged with obstruction of justice.2)Danbus pleaded guilty. 3) Danbus was convicted. 4) Got ordered probation. 5) Danbus fulfilled the judge's requirements and the judge changed his guilty verdict to "Dismissed.
Thanks for letting us know what happened.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

glockfan wrote:
HankT wrote:

1) Danbus was charged with obstruction of justice.2)Danbus pleaded guilty. 3) Danbus was convicted. 4) Got ordered probation. 5) Danbus fulfilled the judge's requirements and the judge changed his guilty verdict to "Dismissed.
Thanks for letting us know what happened.
Read the whole thread - that is not what happened.

As Wolf_Shadow said, "IIRC It's not a guilty verdict it's called "Probation Before Judgement". It's used in minor cases when the defendant has a clean record and if probation is fulfilled keeps it clean. I have seen it used before."

Yata hey

Yata hey

TexasNative

imported post

Yup, I can't find any evidence of a guilty plea or a conviction. The people who hate open carry (or at least hate Dan open carrying) keep trying to turn it into something it's not.

W.E.G.

imported post

VirginiaCourtsCaseInform.jpg

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

HankT wrote:
W.E.G. wrote:
posted case record
Wow. That's kind of brutal.

Isn't that over the line, posting Danbus' case record?
Veritas vos liberabit. Never known Dan to object to the truth.

Public record and all that - personal info was redacted too.

What is over the top is the character assassination taking place on other sites by posters that do not know Dan and have faulty information about what actually transpired.

You in your way contributed to this with:

HankT wrote:
1)
Danbus was charged with obstruction of justice.
2)Danbus pleaded guilty.
(wrong)
3) Danbus was convicted.(wrong)
4)
Got ordered probation.
(wrong)
5)
Danbus fulfilled the judge's requirements and the judge changed his guilty verdict to "Dismissed."
(wrong)

Yata hey

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
HankT wrote:
W.E.G. wrote:
posted case record
Wow. That's kind of brutal.

Isn't that over the line, posting Danbus' case record?
Veritas vos liberabit. Never known Dan to object to the truth.

Public record and all that - personal info was redacted too.

What is over the top is the character assassination taking place on other sites by posters that do not know Dan and have faulty information about what actually transpired.

You in your way contributed to this with:

HankT wrote:
1)
Danbus was charged with obstruction of justice.
2)Danbus pleaded guilty.
(wrong)
3) Danbus was convicted.(wrong)
4)
Got ordered probation.
(wrong)
5)
Danbus fulfilled the judge's requirements and the judge changed his guilty verdict to "Dismissed."
(wrong)

Yata hey

Get it right. This is what I actually said:

HankT wrote:
MSC 45ACP wrote:
Sorry to go digging in the graveyard, folks. I just wanted to learn about the final chapter in the dan vs. Suffolk story. I didn't mean to ruffle anyone's feathers. I didn't see any final resolution in the thread I read so I asked. :)
How can the truth ruffle anyone's feathers? :uhoh:

Suffolk resolution? It was:

1) Danbus was charged with obstruction of justice.2)Danbus pleaded guilty. 3) Danbus was convicted. 4) Got ordered probation. 5) Danbus fulfilled the judge's requirements and the judge changed his guilty verdict to "Dismissed."

That's what all the information from Dutch Uncle, GlockTalk, PilotOnline and Danbus say. Not very much from Danbus, though. Odd, that. He was there.

It adversely affects ole Danbus, too. If he ever applies for the military, a security clearance or the bar, the arrest and disposition historyrecord will come up. The main thing is that he doesn't have a conviction now. Not anymore.

And here's what Dutch Uncle said.

Dutch Uncle wrote:
I recall the so-called "guilty" case. The judge made such a preliminary finding, then put Danladi on probation for one month(?!). During that time the probation officer refused to open a case, as he said he'd never heard of a one month probation. Dan went on some police ride-alongs, and enjoyed them a lot. When he came back to court after a month, he related his experiences, saying he had gotten a better perspective on what LEO's do, and (pretty much at my suggestion) said to the judge that he hadn't shown the best judgment in his behavior, and realized he should have handled it differently. The judge seemed impressed by this, then chatted good-naturedly with Dan for a while, and said something like "It looks as though you've learned your lesson, young man" and dismissed the case. Dan has no conviction record on any of his cases.

MSC 45ACP

imported post

I met Danbus at the last dinner but didn't get a chance to talk to him. In the short time I had to speak to him, Ifound him to be an articulate, polite young man. We need more citizens like him. I look forward to learning from him and getting to know him in the future. We all have different teaching "styles".

Some look forward to confrontation and even push the envelope when given the chance. During my short 22 years in the service, Ifound it easier to beg forgiveness than to seek permission. That being said, I did spend some time standing at attention in front ofGreen Felt Tablecloth waiting for him to "award" punishment :shock:

TexasNative

imported post

Wow, Hank, you're really unbelievable. You're quoted, you're proven wrong, you quote yourself where you're wrong, and you try rhetorical sleight-of-hand to try to avoid the reality that you were wrong.

You made several untrue statements, which have been proved wrong right here in this thread. Trying to hide behind misreading your sources, or choosing poor sources for your information, doesn't make you not wrong.

None of which changes the fact that you made false statements.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

TexasNative wrote:
Wow, Hank, you're really unbelievable. You're quoted, you're proven wrong, you quote yourself where you're wrong, and you try rhetorical sleight-of-hand to try to avoid the reality that you were wrong.

You made several untrue statements, which have been proved wrong right here in this thread. Trying to hide behind misreading your sources, or choosing poor sources for your information, doesn't make you not wrong.

None of which changes the fact that you made false statements.
Sleight of hand is still, well, sleight of hand - deceiving the audience.

It is entertaining sometimes. though but mostly for HankT himself.

Problem is that when you stir the pot (as in chamber) you risk getting some on yourself. :lol:

Yata hey