• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

So i asked a LEO in milwaukee

soulless

imported post

if i can OC and he said i can still get arrested for it.. charge or not, he didn't mention. he told me to call the DA

soulless

imported post

if i do OC to my local open public range, i'm gonna have my camera hidden and my cell phone which can record up to 2-3 hrs running until my range time is over...

i feel like i'm asking to get arrested, but oh well.. never got arrested before

ccwinstructor

Centurion
imported post

The cell phone recording is an idea that has great value. I've been trying to find a model I can do it with. Can you tell us what model you have and how it works? I thought I would have to set up a land line phone with a recorder and call it to record for that long from a cell phone.

soulless

imported post

ccwinstructor wrote:
The cell phone recording is an idea that has great value. I've been trying to find a model I can do it with. Can you tell us what model you have and how it works? I thought I would have to set up a land line phone with a recorder and call it to record for that long from a cell phone.

i have a blackberry pearl 8130 with a 2G SD card. Comes with a software and all you do is press the record button and it records until you either run of memory or you press stop. I tried and it works well. Slip it in your front shirt pocket and press record. done.

If you want a nice voice record camcorder+camera, search ebay.com for SVP T400. It's a pocket size HD camera for only $120 shipped. I slapped a 16G SD card in there and can voice record up to 96 hrs. videos up to 4-5 hrs. If i ever participate in an OC walk, I'm gone use both my cell phone and pocket camcorder.

Brigdh

imported post

soulless wrote:
ccwinstructor wrote:

i have a blackberry pearl 8130 with a 2G SD card. Comes with a software and all you do is press the record button and it records until you either run of memory or you press stop. I tried and it works well. Slip it in your front shirt pocket and press record. done.

If you want a nice voice record camcorder+camera, search ebay.com for SVP T400. It's a pocket size HD camera for only $120 shipped. I slapped a 16G SD card in there and can voice record up to 96 hrs. videos up to 4-5 hrs. If i ever participate in an OC walk, I'm gone use both my cell phone and pocket camcorder.
being that its a blackberry, can you upload that while you record too? ya know, to prevent "accidents" from losing anything

Fallschirjmäger

imported post

soulless wrote:
if i can OC and he said i can still get arrested for it.. charge or not, he didn't mention. he told me to call the DA
You can be arrested for eating a ham sandwich on Sunday while only dressed in your pajamas; being convicted of that may be another matter entirely. Unfortunately law enforcement is only required to enforece laws, or what they believe the laws are, not to actually know what is or isn't a crime.

Acutally knowing the laws is not their job nor their juristiction, that is for the courts. The court will ask the officer what he thought he observed and make a decision whether the actions of the accused constituted a crime or not.

Having to know what is or is not a crime is the responsibility of the citizen as only we are proessional enough not to have 'ignornace of the law' as an excuse.