Thread: Michigan liquor control act

Post imported post

Hey guys I am a new member from belleville michigan and I have been reading up on these forums for about a week and have found them to be very insightful :-)

I am a bit confused on the Michigan liquor control act, it says that it is unlawful to carry in a area covered by this.. What does this mean? My local K-mart ect sell beer if I recall correctly, does that make them zones I cannot OC in?

Looking to make my first OC here soon, I just wanna make sure I have my ducks in a row first, thks for the help

Post imported post

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/25151.html

Try reading this...

Welcome, and might I also say to make sure you read "wash, rinse, repeat" and "Michigan open carry info" from the top of the michigan page.

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Welcome choover.

If you don't have a CPL, it is illegal for you to possess, carry, open carry any firearm into a place licensed under the MLCA.

These places include but are not limited to:

Kmart
    Kroger
    Meijer
    Target
    Any restaurant that sells beer, wineorhooch
    your local party store
    Many gas stations (they sell beer now)

ANY PLACE in MICHIGAN that legally sells beer, wine and/or liquor is a no no for any non-CPL holder.

Post imported post

dougwg wrote:
    ANY PLACE in MICHIGAN that legally sells beer, wine and/or liquor is a no no for any non-CPL holder.
    I'm still trying to figure out for sure if this applies to walking through the parking lots. The prohibited place to carry is: h) An establishment licensed under the Michigan liquor control act

But is the parking lot part of the establishment?
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

interesting...

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

Michigander wrote:
    dougwg wrote:
    I'm still trying to figure out for sure if this applies to walking through the parking lots. The prohibited place to carry is: h) An establishment licensed under the Michigan liquor control act

But is the parking lot part of the establishment?
    Establishment in my mind means the building. But it's an interesting question. Not that it has weight but the concealed carry law had to further define premises to exclude the parking area. May show legislative intent.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

Venator wrote:
    Establishment in my mind means the building. But it's an interesting question. Not that it has weight but the concealed carry law had to further define premises to exclude the parking area. May show legislative intent.
    Back before we all understood that you HAD to have a CPL to go to a liquor licensed business, I was still paranoid enough never to do it. In this case, I'm going to continue on with that paranoia and think that the parking lots should be avoided too.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

choover wrote:
    Hey guys I am a new member from belleville michigan and I have been reading up on these forums for about a week and have found them to be very insightful :-)

I am a bit confused on the Michigan liquor control act, it says that it is unlawful to carry in a area covered by this.. What does this mean? My local K-mart ect sell beer if I recall correctly, does that make them zones I cannot OC in?

Looking to make my first OC here soon, I just wanna make sure I have my ducks in a row first, thks for the help
    Welcome to OCDO Choover. Please add Michigan to your Profile.

Post imported post

Am I to understand that you can open carry with a CPL in the above situations? I am going to get my CPL I had already taken the class but right after I started going through a divorce, I had enough sense that I left everything I had locked away due to the high stress of the situation. And with the time lapse I am certain I need to retake the class =/ ( almost 2 years )

Post imported post

Welcome choover. hope you take in the wash rinse repeat thread. Learn it, live it, love it.

Yes with a cpl you may open carry in the fore mentioned areas...Target, Meijer etc.

Post imported post

choover wrote:
    And with the time lapse I am certain I need to retake the class =/ ( almost 2 years )
    Your certificate does not expire, unless something new passes where you need more range/classroom hours to qualify, but that has not happend. Your instructor may be nice and let you sit in his class for free to brush up on the laws. Our traning team up here does that, but im not sure how they are down state.
    " My hat don't hang on the same nail too long, My ears can't stand to hear the same old song, I don't leave the highway long enough to bog down in the mud, i've got ramblin feaver in my blood " ..... Merle Haggard