• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Heads Up - Warning - Factory Sales (Lee Presses)

armed_preacher

imported post

Heads Up - Warning - Factory Sales (Lee Presses) http://www.factorysales.com

On April 1st I placed an order for a Deluxe Press Kit and dies. A return email receipt stated that delivery would be “3-4 weeks.” My credit card was charged on that same day.

It is now May 6 and I still have not received my order. Several emails to the company have gone answered. Two previous phone messages have gone unreturned. I just attempted to phone FACTORY SALES AGAIN and when told to leave a message I was greeted with (phone) “mail box is full.”

I am moving in two days, need to change my shipping address, and for a week now I haven't been able to get a response from the Company.

I am posting this just as a "heads-up." I would think twice about orderiing from Factory Sales in Harford, WI. :(

chiefjason

imported post

At this point I think I would contact my credit card company and file a complant. If you did it over the internet you should be able to get your money back. I would tell them everything you typed here and see if they can list it as fraud and refund the CC charge. Worth a shot.

Legba

imported post

Had a similar experience recently. After being told that it would be about a 5 day turnaround for an AR-typelower receiver, it took fully 5 weeks to ship. It's not just this place, I'm afraid.

-ljp

armed_preacher

imported post

The issue is not so much getting a refund. With a cc that's a simple phone call. I was more upset by not being able to even get a response from the company to update my shipping info and I wanted the users of this forum to know about this nonresponsive company.

Agent1187

imported post

Just keep in mind that Lee is going through the same thing that every other firearm related manufacturer is experiencing - A flood of orders that they can't keep up with. I ordered a few sets of dies and a press from another company recently, and it took a little under 3 months for the press to arrive, and another month after that before my remaining die set made it. So it really wouldn't surprise me if the folks in the office can't keep up with the flood of people wondering about the status of their orders.
It is too bad that they aren't responding to anything at all. And worst case scenario, that's why USPS has Mail Forwarding =D Best of luck!

MatieA

imported post

armed_preacher wrote:
Heads Up - Warning - Factory Sales (Lee Presses) http://www.factorysales.com

On April 1st I placed an order for a Deluxe Press Kit and dies. A return email receipt stated that delivery would be “3-4 weeks.” My credit card was charged on that same day.

It is now May 6 and I still have not received my order. Several emails to the company have gone answered. Two previous phone messages have gone unreturned. I just attempted to phone FACTORY SALES AGAIN and when told to leave a message I was greeted with (phone) “mail box is full.”

I am moving in two days, need to change my shipping address, and for a week now I haven't been able to get a response from the Company.

I am posting this just as a "heads-up." I would think twice about orderiing from Factory Sales in Harford, WI. :(
Another better reason not to order from Factory Sales is the $!!

I went to a shop online and bought the Lee press and dies for almost $100 less, and was able to speak to a real person when something was missing from the order; she shipped the missing piece 1-day air that same day.

I do hope that you get a hold of someone to change the shipping address though.

armed_preacher

imported post

Strange... After trying for a couple weeks to contact them (fax, email, and phone) they answered an email two days after I posted this. Since that contact they responded to 2 emails (to change address) and to confirmed the change with a pdf copy of the sales order within hours. (btw.. the press is due in "another two weeks.")

KBCraig

imported post

Because the subject line could be confusing, I want to point out that "Factory Sales" is not a part of Lee Precision, Inc. They're just another dealer.