Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: American Rifleman Handgun of the Year!

Post imported post

http://www.americanrifleman.org/imag...enBullseye.pdf

Handgun of the Year = Springfield Armory XDM

http://www.the-m-factor.com/

Caliber: .40S&W or 9mm
    Barrel: 4.5″ Steel, Melonite, Fully Supported Ramp
    Trigger Pull: 5.5 - 7.7lbs.
    Slide: Forged Steel, Melonite® Finish
    Weight w/ empty mag: 32 oz.

17+1/ 40 S&W

The 19+1 !!!/ 9mm

http://www.flickr.com/photos/blaidd0...7610143936451/

Both come in OD Green Frame too.

Here'smine I got last year.

Post imported post

They are sweet, there's no doubt about it. That said, I'll wait until they produce the XDm in 45 before adding one to my wish list.

Post imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
    They are sweet, there's no doubt about it. That said, I'll wait until they produce the XDm in 45 before adding one to my wish list.
    You and ALOT of other folks I know too.

I've heard from a Customer Sales Rep named Vicki that the .45 ACP was coming sometime in 09. Probably in a few months.

BTW check out thess Custom XDM's

Post imported post

I have the XD9, my dad has the XD45 and his gf has the XDM9. Both me and my dad are jealous of her gun. Its so attractive and just feels good in your hands. Glocks may be comparable to the XD but the XDM blows the Glocks out of the water....IMO

Post imported post

richarcm wrote:
    Glocks may be comparable to the XD but the XDM blows the Glocks out of the water....IMO
    Right on brother !

I like Glocks, just won't spend my own money on one.

Post imported post

Dustin wrote:
    richarcm wrote:
    Glocks may be comparable to the XD but the XDM blows the Glocks out of the water....IMO
    Right on brother !

I like Glocks, just won't spend my own money on one.
    I'd buy one. Glocks are good guns. I just think that XD's and especially XDMs are superior.

Post imported post

Excuse my ignorance, but what is the difference between say an XD9 and an XDM9? What makes the latter so much better?

Post imported post

frenchdl wrote:
    Excuse my ignorance, but what is the difference between say an XD9 and an XDM9? What makes the latter so much better?
    Alot actualy.

Here's the XDM Homepage - http://www.the-m-factor.com/

Besides all the M-Factor additives, The XDM also holds "20 Rounds of 9mm". So just like it's older brother the XDM .40, it's hold the most amount of rounds in it's class. Something not important to everyone, but to some it is.

It looks alot better too, imo.

XD-9

XDM-9

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

I just purchased the OD green and silver XD-m in .40 S&W, here is the neatest picture I have found for that pistol. I think it is quite downloadable for a background or screensaver image

Post imported post

I've been waiting for the XDM in .45 as well since I am very happy with my 9mm CZ, but to be honest, as hard as it is to get my preferred SD ammo right now, I'm wondering if it wouldn't be best to just get the 9 since I have plenty of that right now.

Post imported post

I'm glad that the XDm took this award. Also tks for using my pict of the XDm9 w/ ammo. The least you could have done is linked to my flickr.

Post imported post

Nutczak wrote:
    I just purchased the OD green and silver XD-m in .40 S&W
    Does your barrel say Match on it ? I heard something about the latest one's not having it printed on the barrel. SA said it is still the same Match grade barrel, but it doesn't have it stamped on there or something like that.

Dahwg wrote:
    I've been waiting for the XDM in .45 as well since I am very happy with my 9mm CZ, but to be honest, as hard as it is to get my preferred SD ammo right now, I'm wondering if it wouldn't be best to just get the 9 since I have plenty of that right now.
    Go with what your more comfortable with. I personaly don't care to use 9mm for SD, but if that's what you like, then you could own the 9mm that carries the most in it's class. 19+1 is indeed enticing.

Blaidd wrote:
    I'm glad that the XDm took this award. Also tks for using my pict of the XDm9 w/ ammo. The least you could have done is linked to my flickr.

Wow ! I so just pulled that image off of Google Image. Should have known it was someone here. My Bad

Post imported post

Dustin wrote:
    Wow ! I so just pulled that image off of Google Image. Should have known it was someone here. My Bad

NP. Shoot, just change the post and link to my photo.

Post imported post

Blaidd wrote:
    Dustin wrote:

Its that important to you?

Post imported post

richarcm wrote:
    Blaidd wrote:
    Dustin wrote:

It's actually a copyright infriengement. If you took a photo and someone else was making money on it, would you not be a bit upset that you had no say in them making money off your photo,what the photo is being used forand you were also not getting any money for your photo? It's principal more than anything. To be honest, I'm glad someone liked my photograph enough to use it.

Post imported post

Blaidd wrote:
    richarcm wrote:
    Blaidd wrote:
    Dustin wrote:

It's actually a copyright infriengement. If you took a photo and someone else was making money on it, would you not be a bit upset that you had no say in them making money off your photo,what the photo is being used forand you were also not getting any money for your photo? It's principal more than anything. To be honest, I'm glad someone liked my photograph enough to use it.
    1. That photo is copywrited? Why?
    2. Who's making money off of it?

Post imported post

The whole concept of copyright is fail anyway. See if I respect it.

Post imported post

Blaidd wrote:
    richarcm wrote:
    Blaidd wrote:
    Dustin wrote:

Sorry but the interent is not regulated. So anything you post on the internet without somesort of restricted accesspassword protected clause, is indeed free information. Copy/pasting something will never be held up in court as copyright infringement.

You don't pay to post the image, I don't pay to look at it.

How's that stealing ?

I didn't recreate it and claim it as mine, I simply am saying look at this photo. If anything it's Free Advertisement.

In that case wouldn't using google image be illegal ?

Louisville, Commonwealth of Kentucky, , USA

Post imported post

I love this firearm. I will say that the handle takes some getting used to after a standard XD 40. I plan on buying an od/stainless 40 XDm soon. I do wish they would make a 4"barrel though. I love the love of teh 4" XD but hate teh 5" version. That extra slide length looks off.

Post imported post

Walkeraviator wrote:
    I love this firearm. I will say that the handle takes some getting used to after a standard XD 40. I plan on buying an od/stainless 40 XDm soon. I do wish they would make a 4"barrel though. I love the love of teh 4" XD but hate teh 5" version. That extra slide length looks off.
    We'll the XDM is defintely a Full Size handgun. I think it would be awesome to have it in a 4'' model though. But you would lose out on some of it's accuracy and add a little recoil too.

I'd still love to see one, maybe even a SC XDM

Post imported post

XDm: Nice weapon, love the way it points, have not heard anything but praise.

Given the choice however I would keep my postwar P38 and let the XDm go. Using an XDm for the purpose a P38 was built for is the equivalent of hauling manure in a Cadillac Escalade.

Post imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
    XDm:* Nice weapon, love the way it points, have not heard anything but praise.

Given the choice however I would keep my postwar P38 and let the XDm go.* Using an XDm for the purpose a P38 was built for is the equivalent of hauling manure in a Cadillac Escalade.

Post imported post

Dustin wrote:
    Alexcabbie wrote:
    XDm: Nice weapon, love the way it points, have not heard anything but praise.

Given the choice however I would keep my postwar P38 and let the XDm go. Using an XDm for the purpose a P38 was built for is the equivalent of hauling manure in a Cadillac Escalade.

Ah. Perhaps I should explain. The Walther P.38 was as I like to say "the pistol designed with world conquest in mind". Now while I certainly don't intend to take over the planet by main force of arms :shock:I love the P.38 for its simplicity, ruggedness and accuracy. Not to mention the option of multiple hammer strikes on a dud round, and of course everybody probably knows my phobia about carrying a cocked weapon with a live round in battery. All this PLUS it is almost revolver-like in that jamming is rare; and in the unlikely event of a jam it is easily and quickly cleared due to the open-slide design.

When I purchased my P.38 I was baffled at first as to how to find a suitable quality leather holster - oh yes, I HATE those new fangled carbon fiber rigs, gimme leather and a thumb break retainer and I am good to go - until I discovered that the Beretta M92 was based on the P.38 and practically any leather made for the M92 will fit the P.38 as long as you can cut down about an extra 1/8 inch for trigger guard clearance.

The magazine release on the P.38 is designed so as to prevent embarassing premature "ejectulation".

THEN there is the PRICE. Aside from firing twice as many shots without reloading, anything you can do with an XDm I can do better with a P.38. Whaddaya mean no I can't? Yes I can, yes I can. And I wont even have to dress up like Annie Oakley either, and I wouldn't regardless.

Post imported post

Just got myself an unfired XDM .40 and an extra 2 mags about a month ago on a trade for my rock island 1911.

I love this pistol to death.

Post imported post

Spectre wrote:
    Just got myself an unfired XDM .40 and an extra 2 mags about a month ago on a trade for my rock island 1911.

I love this pistol to death.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast