• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

American Rifleman Handgun of the Year!

Dustin

imported post

GBA-Award-2009.jpg

http://www.americanrifleman.org/images/GoldenBullseye.pdf

Handgun of the Year = Springfield Armory XDM

http://www.the-m-factor.com/

Caliber: .40S&W or 9mm
Barrel: 4.5″ Steel, Melonite, Fully Supported Ramp
Trigger Pull: 5.5 - 7.7lbs.
Slide: Forged Steel, Melonite® Finish
Weight w/ empty mag: 32 oz.

17+1/ 40 S&W

xdm9212hcsp.jpg

xdm.gif

The 19+1 !!!/ 9mm

http://www.flickr.com/photos/blaidd0905/3061261383/in/set-72157610143936451/

3061261383_d6ddca1155.jpg

Both come in OD Green Frame too.

IMGP1904.JPG

IMGP1912.JPG

Here'smine I got last year.

p1010134sv3.jpg

SpringerXDacp

imported post

They are sweet, there's no doubt about it. That said, I'll wait until they produce the XDm in 45 before adding one to my wish list.

Dustin

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
They are sweet, there's no doubt about it. That said, I'll wait until they produce the XDm in 45 before adding one to my wish list.

You and ALOT of other folks I know too.

I've heard from a Customer Sales Rep named Vicki that the .45 ACP was coming sometime in 09. Probably in a few months.

BTW check out thess Custom XDM's

XDMxgrip.jpg

hishers.jpg

pix453565921.jpg

pix453565843.jpg

richarcm

imported post

I have the XD9, my dad has the XD45 and his gf has the XDM9. Both me and my dad are jealous of her gun. Its so attractive and just feels good in your hands. Glocks may be comparable to the XD but the XDM blows the Glocks out of the water....IMO

richarcm

imported post

Dustin wrote:
richarcm wrote:
Glocks may be comparable to the XD but the XDM blows the Glocks out of the water....IMO

Right on brother !

I like Glocks, just won't spend my own money on one. ;)
I'd buy one. Glocks are good guns. I just think that XD's and especially XDMs are superior.

Dustin

imported post

frenchdl wrote:
Excuse my ignorance, but what is the difference between say an XD9 and an XDM9? What makes the latter so much better?
Alot actualy.

Here's the XDM Homepage - http://www.the-m-factor.com/

Besides all the M-Factor additives, The XDM also holds "20 Rounds of 9mm". So just like it's older brother the XDM .40, it's hold the most amount of rounds in it's class. Something not important to everyone, but to some it is.

It looks alot better too, imo.

XD-9

hs-xd-3.jpg

XDM-9

XDM9201HCSP.jpg

Dahwg

imported post

I've been waiting for the XDM in .45 as well since I am very happy with my 9mm CZ, but to be honest, as hard as it is to get my preferred SD ammo right now, I'm wondering if it wouldn't be best to just get the 9 since I have plenty of that right now.

Dustin

imported post

Nutczak wrote:
I just purchased the OD green and silver XD-m in .40 S&W
Does your barrel say Match on it ? I heard something about the latest one's not having it printed on the barrel. SA said it is still the same Match grade barrel, but it doesn't have it stamped on there or something like that.

Dahwg wrote:
I've been waiting for the XDM in .45 as well since I am very happy with my 9mm CZ, but to be honest, as hard as it is to get my preferred SD ammo right now, I'm wondering if it wouldn't be best to just get the 9 since I have plenty of that right now.
Go with what your more comfortable with. I personaly don't care to use 9mm for SD, but if that's what you like, then you could own the 9mm that carries the most in it's class. 19+1 is indeed enticing.

Blaidd wrote:
I'm glad that the XDm took this award. Also tks for using my pict of the XDm9 w/ ammo. The least you could have done is linked to my flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/blaidd0905/3061261383/in/set-72157610143936451/

:lol:Wow ! I so just pulled that image off of Google Image. Should have known it was someone here. My Bad:cool:

Blaidd

imported post

richarcm wrote:
Blaidd wrote:
Dustin wrote:
:lol:Wow ! I so just pulled that image off of Google Image. Should have known it was someone here. My Bad:cool:
NP. Shoot, just change the post and link to my photo.
Its that important to you?
It's actually a copyright infriengement. If you took a photo and someone else was making money on it, would you not be a bit upset that you had no say in them making money off your photo,what the photo is being used forand you were also not getting any money for your photo? It's principal more than anything. To be honest, I'm glad someone liked my photograph enough to use it.

richarcm

imported post

Blaidd wrote:
richarcm wrote:
Blaidd wrote:
Dustin wrote:
It's actually a copyright infriengement. If you took a photo and someone else was making money on it, would you not be a bit upset that you had no say in them making money off your photo,what the photo is being used forand you were also not getting any money for your photo? It's principal more than anything. To be honest, I'm glad someone liked my photograph enough to use it.
1. That photo is copywrited? Why?
2. Who's making money off of it?

Dustin

imported post

Blaidd wrote:
richarcm wrote:
Blaidd wrote:
Dustin wrote:

Sorry but the interent is not regulated. So anything you post on the internet without somesort of restricted accesspassword protected clause, is indeed free information. Copy/pasting something will never be held up in court as copyright infringement.

You don't pay to post the image, I don't pay to look at it.

How's that stealing ?

I didn't recreate it and claim it as mine, I simply am saying look at this photo. If anything it's Free Advertisement.

In that case wouldn't using google image be illegal ?

:uhoh:

Walkeraviator

Louisville, Commonwealth of Kentucky, , USA
imported post

I love this firearm. I will say that the handle takes some getting used to after a standard XD 40. I plan on buying an od/stainless 40 XDm soon. I do wish they would make a 4"barrel though. I love the love of teh 4" XD but hate teh 5" version. That extra slide length looks off.

Dustin

imported post

Walkeraviator wrote:
I love this firearm. I will say that the handle takes some getting used to after a standard XD 40. I plan on buying an od/stainless 40 XDm soon. I do wish they would make a 4"barrel though. I love the love of teh 4" XD but hate teh 5" version. That extra slide length looks off.

We'll the XDM is defintely a Full Size handgun. I think it would be awesome to have it in a 4'' model though. But you would lose out on some of it's accuracy and add a little recoil too.

I'd still love to see one, maybe even a SC XDM :cool: