Thread: News Article

Post imported post

ADDISON TOWNSHIP, Mich (WXYZ) -Police say aman is recovering after being shot in the face by the instructor during a Concealed Pistol License class.

It happened on Dequindre in Addison Township. Police say the shooting was accidental.

The investigation has determined that the instructor was demonstrating two guns during the class. Officers say he first showed a semi automatic hand gun loaded with plastic training bullets. He then displayed a .38 caliber Smith & Wesson revolver that he thought was also loaded with plastic training bullets.

It was during that portion of the class that the .38 caliber revolver accidentally went off. The bullet ricocheted off the instructional table, hitting the student in the face.

The 52-year-old was hit on his left cheek. He immediately received medical help from another student, while other participants in the class called 911. He is currently in stable condition at Troy Beaumont hospital with non life threatening injuries.

The investigation is ongoing, and will be reviewed by the Oakland County Prosecutor's Office for possible charges.

Here is the link to the story. Unbelievable.

http://www.wxyz.com/news/local/story...w.cspx?rss=785

Post imported post

Complacency kills.
    "Fault always lies in the same place, my fine babies: with him weak enough to lay blame." - Cort

Gun control is like trying to reduce Drunk Driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare.

The answer to "1984" is "
    1776"

With freedom comes much responsibility. It is for this reason so many are loathe to exercise it.

Post imported post

...accidentally went off. :quirky

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Maybe he asked about OC.

Post imported post

dougwg wrote:
    Maybe he asked about OC.

Post imported post

Wow.

Without reading the article, I get this from it:

1) Loaded firearm used as instruction tool. Fail

2) Violation of muzzle discipline. Fail

3) #2 combined with violation of trigger finger discipline. Fail

NEVER use loaded firearms in a classroom environment.

NEVER point the muzzle at something you do not wish to put a hole in.

NEVER place your finger on the trigger unless the muzzle is pointed at something you do not mind having a hole in.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Post imported post

wrightme wrote:
    NEVER place your finger on the trigger unless the muzzle is pointed at something you do not mind having a hole in.
    I would actually say never place your finger on the trigger unless you are in the very act of attempting to put a hole in something you are aiming at.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

Michigander wrote:
    wrightme wrote:
    I would actually say never place your finger on the trigger unless you are in the very act of attempting to put a hole in something you are aiming at.
    True, but my response was taking in to account the classroom setting, and the expectation of dummy rounds. I would assume simulated firing, and explanations of the actions. This is likely to include operating the trigger. Using dummy rounds you aren't attempting to put a hole in anything. BUT, just in case, you do not point the muzzle at anything that you are not willing to have a hole in.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin