• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WDFW and handguns for archers, muzzleloaders

Dave Workman

imported post

It just "might" be possible to change a new CCW regulation for bowhunters, muzzleloaders so it complies with state statute. The Seattle Gun Rights Examiner talks about how, and looks back over a history of game management that has trimmed some 170,000 hunters from Washington's ranks since 1981.

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-4525-Seattle-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2009m5d6-It-may-be-possible-to-revise-CCW-regulation-for-WA-black-powder-bow-hunters

If that doesn't work, try this

http://tinyurl.com/cpq5xr

Hammer

imported post

It doesn't say I can use my pistol if a cougar jumps me while I am deer hunting, but I won't wait for a congressional decision..... :banghead:

Trigger Dr

imported post

Hammer wrote:
It doesn't say I can use my pistol if a cougar jumps me while I am deer hunting, but I won't wait for a congressional decision..... :banghead:
I am of the opinion that is personal protection

Hammer

imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
Hammer wrote:
I am of the opinion that is personal protection
I agree 100%, and would defend it that way.
WDFW has tried to prosecute for it tho, so it is subject to some interpretation.