• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sheboygan Co Carry

GRB

imported post

As I said in another thread. I carried for the first time off my property yesterday to Walmart. Today I carried to Target, samething as yesterday don't think many people noticed, and nobody said a thing to me. I was at Target for may be 10-15min walking all over the store to get stuff for the house. I will be working the next couple days so I doubt that I will open carry till my next weekend, Mon-Wed when i will be in critivz. I will test the waters up there but I doubt if will see any LEO's up there never really do anyways.

GRB

imported post

Today myself and a co-work carried to the other Walmart in Sheboygan, after work at about 4:00pm. There where a lot of people in the store, my co-work heard one lady ask her husband if that was legal, and I had one person say "nice, open carry. I was going to carry, but left in in the car" Then showed us his holster. Maybe after saw us do it he might next time. Stood and talked with the worker in sporting goods while waiting for my fishing license to print. Other than the two comments nobody else seemed to care.

Parabellum

Founder's Club Member
imported post

GRB wrote:
Today myself and a co-work carried to the other Walmart in Sheboygan, after work at about 4:00pm. There where a lot of people in the store, my co-work heard one lady ask her husband if that was legal, and I had one person say "nice, open carry. I was going to carry, but left in in the car" Then showed us his holster. Maybe after saw us do it he might next time.
That's great. Your carrying will even encourage another person to carry,makingWisconsin a safer place onearmedcitizen at a time:celebrate. Well done.

GRB

imported post

Carried today to Home Depot in Kohler. Talked to an employee nobody seem to care, same as every other time I carried around Sheboygan. I was wearing cut off shorts and a t-shirt so i looked like a bum, not that how I dress should matter. I know some of you guys were talking about that on another thread.

GRB

imported post

Just got back from carrying at Mills Fleet Farm in Plymouth. As I was walking in the one of the mangers said hello but then when right back to talking with his employee. I needed some help in sporting goods and the worker who helped me did not say a thing either. I would say I was in the store for at the most 20 min and no problems. A couple looks from other shoppers. It is getting easier to carry evertime, I did not even take the shopping cart with me.

GRB

imported post

I took one of my dogs on a walk this afternoon while carrying. Got about three blocks away from the house and there was a police car parked. I got a little nervous but just kept walking. I saw the police officer walking around the yard of some house. He looked at me I not sure if saw I was armed but he just kept doing whatever he was doing before I walked by. Made it home with out being stopped. I will start taking to dog on more armed walks. The school zone is a pain through I can only leave out the front of my yard and head south.

cheezhed

imported post

where do you walk when you go out? I live in Sheboygan too. Right by the christian school on geele and 5th so only can carry on my property.

GRB

imported post

I made a map of all the school zones in Sheboygan, but it is not something I can email because it is on a map I pick up at a gas station. If anyone is ever going to be in the Sheboygan area and would like to see it just send me a PM and we could go carry.

GRB

imported post

I took the dog on walk again today with my firearm. I got to the end of my block and there was two policemen sitting in there car watching the park. I was maybe a foot from one officer so he had to see my firearm. He did not say a word to me. I have to say I have no worries about carrying in the city of Sheboygan after today. I think if there were going to do something it, would have happened today.

GRB

imported post

In the past two days I have carried while walking the dog, went to Cousins subs, and played a round of disc golf all while carrying. No problems on any of the trips.

GRB

imported post

Carried to MC Sports, Dunhams, and went to the mall here in Sheboygan. As I walked in to the Mall I was looking for a sign that said no firearms, I walked through two sets of doors with no sign, I walked to the book store that was right at the entrance and was in there for maybe 20-30min, I then headed into the mall and sure enough about 30 ft into the mall there was a sign so I turned around and left. Nobody said anything at any of the stores.

GRB

imported post

I have been carrying whenever I have to go out to the store, no problems at all. I had a new neighbor move in and he also open carry's around his yard daily. I am not sure if he has gone out to any stores with it yet but it was nice thing to see.

I was looking at the Sheboygan Municipal Codes and found this: I know most of it preempted, and I know the chief all ready told me that the city will not issue a permit anyways.

Sec. 70-253. Permit for carrying firearms. No person, except police officers, regular or special, or any officer authorized to serve process, shall carry or wear concealed about his person any firearms, slingshot, cross knuckles, knuckles of lead, brass or other metal, a Bowie knife, dirk knife, dirk or dagger within the limits of the city; provided, however, that the chief of police may, upon any written application to him made, issue a written permit to any person to carry within the city a pistol or revolver when it is made to appear to the chief of police to be necessary for the personal safety of such person or for the safety of his property, or the property with which he may be entrusted, to carry such weapon; and the holding of such permit by such person shall be a bar to prosecution under this section. Such permit when issued shall be valid for the time stated thereon, but in no event in excess of one year. The chief of police shall keep the names and addresses of all persons to whom he may grant such permits in a book to be kept for that purpose, and he shall have power to revoke any such permit at any time. (Code 1975, § 26-28)
Sec. 70-254. Fee for permit. The chief of police shall, upon granting a permit to carry weapons, collect from the person obtaining the permit the sum of $3.00, and he shall pay all monies so collected by him into the city treasury. (Code 1975, § 26-30)

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Ahh.... a way to raise $$$$ from citizens..:lol:...call Doyle.....he already is collecting for the state FFL check, something the feds doat no charge.