• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

can anyone donate a billboard to us?

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

We can probably raise funds to pay for the vinyl, but free space in a pretty visible spot woudl be great - a tangible show of strength complimentating our strong virtual presence in Wisconsin's carryland.

Here is an example of what one might look like:
attachment.php

LS16SpdZ99

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Ithink a good way to promote the website is to get stickers (lack of better term) and put them on our vehicles them we would know a fellow supporter and give the "nod". WhatI mean by "stickers" maybe windshield banners.I think there is a place on hwy 100 that does it.It is not that expensive either. 5 - 10 bucks.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I will look into getting "magnetic" signs with the opencarry.org, the picture, and the "a right not exercised...." made. These will be bumper sticker size, and cling via magnetic. I should have costs by the end of the day.

Stoney-Point

imported post

Let me look around the Lower Fox Valley area.

I'll get quotes on bumper stickers, window decals and possible a billboard. I'll see if some local ad agencies are pro-carry.

I'll post when I get some answers.

Can this be a tax write-off for them if it's for an ".org"? If so, I'll need contact info and all the appropriate tax info....but we'll burn that bridge when we come to it.

LS16SpdZ99

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I would much rather have a windshield sticker over a bumper sticker. you can put on the front or backwindows. if people are interested in thisI would gladly look into it.

OPENCARRY.ORG

im sure it would get all kinds of attention especially withLEO. If anybody has an idea in the way it should lookpost it.

just my .02

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

I am not tryng to pee in anyones wheaties with my next statement, but.

it is usually not a good idea to advertise your political views on your vehicle.
some far-left coward may get upset enough to vandalize your vehicle with out you seeing their acts of cowardice.
it also may lead a would-be thief to consider your vehicle as a good break-in for a chance of finding firearms.

A t-shirt or billboard yes! let that left-side nut approach me and tell me how I am so wrong and not give him the chance to key my vehicle brought on by his rage

LS16SpdZ99

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I would have to say you are 50% correct. It doesnt take a sticker to have someone break in to you car. All you have to do is have something somebody else wants and doesnt want to pay for it, i would still do it. I dont thinkI would mess with someones car that had that banner on it. just my opinion

Stoney-Point

imported post

Nutczak wrote:
I am not tryng to pee in anyones wheaties with my next statement, but.

it is usually not a good idea to advertise your political views on your vehicle.
some far-left coward may get upset enough to vandalize your vehicle with out you seeing their acts of cowardice.
it also may lead a would-be thief to consider your vehicle as a good break-in for a chance of finding firearms.

A t-shirt or billboard yes! let that left-side nut approach me and tell me how I am so wrong and not give him the chance to key my vehicle brought on by his rage

The past three elections I had candidate's bumper stickers on my truck. Nobody vandalized it.

I highly doubt that, if during a national highly enegized election, nobody did anything...a support sticker of a guaranteed right willinvoke the wrath of a libtard.

ymmv

apierce918

imported post

i think too many people are uninformed to the term open carry for a windshield banner to be anything more than letting other open carry people know that you support it. it would do nothing for those that don't know.

seriously, when was the last time you inquired to someone about something on their vehicle (that you werent looking to purchase)

FLR&@

imported post

Definitely have to go with the sticker idea and would love to get five or ten.

My wife had one of those ribbon type support the troops magnet on her car; it was stolen three times and replaced with some anti freedom sticker with way liberal ramblings.I would still love to find out what people were/ are behind that little game.

But anyway I have a N.R.A. and D.U. sticker on my truck ( would love to have a O.C. .ORG sticker to keep them company) and I see them as more of a deterrent than an invitation, but that’s just me.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

nevinsb wrote:

Interesting article, and a wierd analysis too.

What I was speaking of is vehicles that got vandalized becuase they had republican party support stickers on them , these incidents mostly happened in metro area's. The most common one form of vandaliism was someone writing "Obama" bitch! in marker orin key scratchesto the paint when someone had a McCain/Palin sticker on their car.
I have also heard of vehicles with"Pro-Choice" decals getting vandalized.
Back when I drove a POSroad-rat for a vehicle, I would put my NRA, American hunting club, and Archery themed decals on my vehicles.
Nowadays, it isjust my business promotion stuff and nothing that may offend some leftwing nutjob or lead a criminal to believe there may be firearms in my truck that could be stolen during a break-in.

Remember, many liberals are demented freaks!! they are easily offended and try to destroy ur rights every chance they get. Something like advertising open-carry firearms may push them over the edge and who knows what they might do.

LS16SpdZ99

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I don't think that is gonna be the case with these banners. If you were to have a Glock or S&W sticker that would maybe invite a POS criminal to break in to you vechicle but having an OC stickerI don't think so. This was an ideaI had because when buddies have shops they advertise with those kinds of stickers. the websites went from never getting visits to having thousands. I'm not much for having stickers on my vehicles actuallyI have none on any of my cars but I would put this one on.

metalman383

imported post

Would anybody have a problem with me running OpenCarry.org on my race car? I race a Wissota Midwest Modified, and thanks to our awesome economy, lost a couple of sponsors this year. I figured I could do my part, and also fill in a blank space on my car.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

metalman383 wrote:
Would anybody have a problem with me running OpenCarry.org on my race car? I race a Wissota Midwest Modified, and thanks to our awesome economy, lost a couple of sponsors this year. I figured I could do my part, and also fill in a blank space on my car.
Great idea, feel free!

P.I. Guy

imported post

13.gif
Have any idea what a billboard would cost?

Maybe you guys could have a bake sale, sell cookies and stuff like the girls scouts some of you are in order to raise funds fer yer billboard.

Why doesn't somebody just print upafew hundredT-shirts saying 'support O-C in Wisconsin'or 'I O-C, why don't you'or some other silly saying. Pass 'em around and get folks to wear 'em around town. That would be a better use of funds in order to get your message out and be visible. Plaster a bumper snicker on your forehead and every tool box at work, even on your mom's car the next time you borrow it. Be a real man and get a tattoo showing your O-C support.

:idea:put on yer black ninja suit, sneak out one night and put a O-C bumper snicker on Mayor Barrett's car, Chief Flynn's car, and even old baldy himself, Gov Doyle's car (for those of you in Madison).

Some of you need to get a girlfriend and move out of your mom's house.

Mr. Greg

Campaign Veteran
imported post

You're a riot, Pointman. :lol:

Instead of planning in/participating in an event that you believe will make more of a difference than my event, you play Keyboard Commander, decrying my efforts to rally Milwaukee-Area OCers together socially (as the majority of us are just text on a screen to each other at this point), and taking offense at my attempts to clarify the finer points of law in an attempt to provide good advice for those that take the risk of violating a county ordinance that may not be preempted by state law.

I don't know what I did to gain youre ire besides do my best to further the cause of OC in WI. I welcome you to attempt better.

P.I. Guy

imported post

Pointman wrote:
P.I. Guy wrote:
:idea:put on yer black ninja suit, sneak out one night and put a O-C bumper snicker on Mayor Barrett's car, Chief Flynn's car, and even old baldy himself, Gov Doyle's car (for those of you in Madison).

Some of you need to get a girlfriend and move out of your mom's house.
Does Governor Doyle even have his own car, or just ride around at our expense? I've only seen him with a swarm of 6 or more deputies around him, so I doubt he drives a hybrid (or even drives).

I think some of the people on OpenCarry.org are having something like a bake sale, but they're calling it an OC Party, and they're supplying the food for free in their parent's back yard. Maybe they could charge $0.30/head. Since Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck would cover it they'd get like 120,000 people, meaning they'd need like 600 parties so they'd all fit, and make like $1,200 when they got done paying for the portable outhouses.

Back to reality, Mr. Greg is trying to make a difference, as are a lot of people here. Some people have really helped "the cause," whatever that cause may be. I don't really understand a "We can wear guns" party and do think it's a bit immature, as is expecting any free coverage by Rush or Glenn because you have a catchy radio spot.

Something like 1-1/2 years back I started a WI OC Needs Better Organization in order to Succeedthread and got nothing but scattered responses. "We're just going to do it" is what OpenCarry.org is about, I guess, and theoutcome doesn't matter, and what you do doesn't matter, as long as you do something. "Any publicity is good publicity" says Mike, although I don't see how bad publicity is good. "People are talking about OC!!! Don't you understand???" Sure, they're saying how bad it is. Remember the "Dick" commercials Miller Brewing ran,that actuallydecreased sales?

Do what works. The billboard thing failed in Texas, expect it to fail here. Lawfully openly carrying worked here, keep doing it. The petition got a foothold, push it further. Stop over-thinking this and do what works.
Thank you for understanding my humor. (condition) :cool: