• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Officer-Involved Shooting in Lakewood

G20-IWB24/7

imported post

http://www.q13fox.com/news/kcpq-050609-officerinvolvedshooting,0,1020198.story

Officer-Involved Shooting In Lakewood Ends In Fatality
Police are on the scene of a shooting that involved an officer in the city of Lakewood at the Mount Tahoma Mobile Home Park on South 96th. The suspect has died from his injuries.

Q13 FOX News Online Staff reporter

May 6, 2009

Lakewood police confirm a fatal shooting has taken place at a mobile home park on South 96th, just east of South Tacoma Way. An officer has apparently fired a weapon in the shooting. A suspect has passed away from his injuries. Lakewood Police tell Q13 FOX News they believe the officer was responding to a 911 call for domestic violence.

I've got two friends on Lakewood P.D., these situations are never good for anyone.

-G20

ChuckUFarley

imported post

G20-IWB24/7 wrote:

Officer-Involved Shooting In Lakewood Ends In Fatality
Police are on the scene of a shooting that involved an officer in the city of Lakewood at the Mount Tahoma Mobile Home Park on South 96th. The suspect has died from his injuries.

Q13 FOX News Online Staff reporter

May 6, 2009

Lakewood police confirm a fatal shooting has taken place at a mobile home park on South 96th, just east of South Tacoma Way. An officer has apparently fired a weapon in the shooting. A suspect has passed away from his injuries. Lakewood Police tell Q13 FOX News they believe the officer was responding to a 911 call for domestic violence.

I've got two friends on Lakewood P.D., these situations are never good for anyone.

-G20
My 2 cents, if this is a repeat offender who beats his wife, no big loss, kudos to the cop.

Tinkerbell1590

imported post

HEy I live in the park in lakewood that had the shooting at. I think it was bull shit. The corps did not even give him a chance to talk I know that because right when I the corps came we hard gus shorts

joeroket

imported post

Tinkerbell1590 wrote:
HEy I live in the park in lakewood that had the shooting at. I think it was bull @#$%. The corps did not even give him a chance to talk I know that because right when I the corps came we hard gus shorts

Are the police supposed to give him a chance to talk if their lives or another persons life is in imminent danger?

I think not.

compmanio365

imported post

It's funny whenever there is something like this, we get a new poster somehow related to the person shot with 1 or 2 posts to their name raving how the shooter was wrong, then they go away never to be seen again. Are we really that popular to be the first place to go rant and rave?

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
The story has been updated a bit. Seems that this isn't the first time the police have had to respond on account of this guy.

Before officers arrived, the woman and an eight-year-old boy were able to escape from the home. As officers arrived, they say a man inside the home confronted them with a weapon.

They have not revealed what type of weapon the man had.

This is interesting. Why wouldn't they say what the "weapon" is yet? It's not like they don't know. I gotta think it wasn't a firearm. But that's only a guess.

Tinkerbell1590, do you know what kind of weapon the drunken guy had?

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Tinkerbell1590 wrote:
HEy I live in the park in lakewood that had the shooting at. I think it was bull @#$%. The corps did not even give him a chance to talk I know that because right when I the corps came we hard gus shorts
The corps? You mean the Marines were their? Gus shorts? Is that your neighbor running around in his underwear again with his beer belly hangin' out? I don't even want to know why you "hard" Gus' shorts. Creepy.

Vern357

imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
It's funny whenever there is something like this, we get a new poster somehow related to the person shot with 1 or 2 posts to their name raving how the shooter was wrong, then they go away never to be seen again. Are we really that popular to be the first place to go rant and rave?

Was just thinking the same thing....

bugly

imported post

Apparently, you've never been to Lakewood.... So happy I live on the hilltop, where at least you can get some target practice in sometimes :lol:

gsx1138

imported post

bugly wrote:
Apparently, you've never been to Lakewood.... So happy I live on the hilltop, where at least you can get some target practice in sometimes :lol:

Maybe back in the day. I work at TG and it looks like they're trying to clean that area up.

whatsup

imported post

Get the story correct!

The police knew the man was alone.

They knew & the wife & son not hurt or in the unit.

They also knew the suspect & had been there before.

They were called to take a drunk to jail!

Now what? - Is it O.K. to shoot him dead because he is drunk?

I do not understand!!!

Is the investigation still going on or what are the results of the investigation??

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

whatsup wrote:
Get the story correct!

The police knew the man was alone.

They knew & the wife & son not hurt or in the unit.

They also knew the suspect & had been there before.

They were called to take a drunk to jail!

Now what? - Is it O.K. to shoot him dead because he is drunk?

I do not understand!!!

Is the investigation still going on or what are the results of the investigation??

A "drunk" with a "weapon" can still be very dangerous.

OK, maybe not in your fantasybubble world, whatsup, but in the real world the rest of us live in, they are.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Drunks bother me more than sober people sometimes. They are more unpredictable and often try to force themselves and their opinion on you. And a mean drunk is even worse...

compmanio365

imported post

Like in every one of these threads, someone comes in and claims to know "what's really going on". Cause this forum is the one they will pick out of all the places to whine on the Internet.

whatsup

imported post

Know one is wineing to you -are they!

Funny how they shot him in the back of the head when he is

comming at them with a knife - ya think!

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

whatsup wrote:
Know one is wineing to you -are they!

Funny how they shot him in the back of the head when he is

comming at them with a knife - ya think!
We'll wait for an official report on that, if ya don't mind. The details of what happened have not been reported, so we can't really form an opinion concerning this event, one way or the other.