Thread: Democratic Montana Gov. Sticking it to Feds

Post imported post

This is fantastic. Way to go. Montana attempting to manufacture and distribute weapons with no federal registration.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.p...p;pageId=97265

Post imported post

And so it begins.

The silencers get straight to the NFA issue. NFA tax stamp is an interstate commerce tax.

Go Montana.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

I love this. Did anyone else get a sudden urge to move to Montana?

Post imported post

thorvaldr wrote:
    I'd wait until it's settled under a SCOTUS ruling before I moved. States are going to have to start refusing federal dollars in addition to this, and that's going to be difficult I'd say, unless the people in that state back it up with their demands.

Post imported post

A free state, looking out for the interest of the people, can it be true? The American spirit of freedom and liberty is alive and well in Montana!

Post imported post

New Hampshire also: http://www.freestateproject.org

But keep in mind, if you move there, Obama's DHS will probably classify you as a terrorist or extremist. Just make sure to keep your Turban head towel in the trunk when you cross state lines.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

This is good, but what was the SCOTUS case where the rancher that grew his own feed for his own cattle, but was forced to pay interstate tax on it because the feednormally 'could have been' shipped interstate? Seems like that shoots down this kind of thinking.

Post imported post

Notso wrote:
    This is good, but what was the SCOTUS case where the rancher that grew his own feed for his own cattle, but was forced to pay interstate tax on it because the feednormally 'could have been' shipped interstate? Seems like that shoots down this kind of thinking.
    Seems to me that I remember my history prof teaching us about Andrew Jackson telling SCOTUS to get bent & doing as he pleased anyway. If they start giving out more rulings like that one, it may be about time "We the People" start doing the same.

Post imported post

There are a small group of states dedicated to protecting their citizens' rights. New Hampshire, Montana, and Wyoming - any more?

Http://Www.FreeStateWyoming.Com

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar

Post imported post

This is AWESOME!

SCOTUS is notorious for giving the feds too much power under the commerce clause. A line needs to be drawn somewhere. In the gun in a gun free zone case (can't remember the name of it) the courts decided that the commerce clause at least didn't go that far.

I hope more states follow Montana's lead and tell the Feds to go blank themselves.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Post imported post

GJD wrote:
    There are a small group of states dedicated to protecting their citizens' rights. New Hampshire, Montana, and Wyoming - any more?
    Idaho and Alaska come immediately to mind.

Post imported post

American Rattlesnake wrote:
    GJD wrote:
    As does South Dakota, Utah, and Texas.
    Peace through superior firepower

Luke 11:21
    "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed.

Post imported post

Flintlock wrote:
    GJD wrote:
    Almost sounds like the Rocky Mountain Republic.

Post imported post

Glenn Beck is talking about this on his radio show right now.

TFred

Post imported post

Statesman wrote:
    thorvaldr wrote:
    I'd wait until it's settled under a SCOTUS ruling before I moved. States are going to have to start refusing federal dollars in addition to this, and that's going to be difficult I'd say, unless the people in that state back it up with their demands.
    I still got the urge.

In fact, I'm finishing my Associate's Degree soon.
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

Brass Magnet wrote:
    This is AWESOME!

SCOTUS is notorious for giving the feds too much power under the commerce clause. A line needs to be drawn somewhere. In the gun in a gun free zone case (can't remember the name of it) the courts decided that the commerce clause at least didn't go that far.

I hope more states follow Montana's lead and tell the Feds to go blank themselves.
    Glenn Beck said today, that he understood that most of the judges (SCOTUS) are just waiting for a good case to reverse these asinine commerce clause decisions. They've apparently been waiting for a "good" case to come along, and recent state resolutions on local firearm commerce may be the ones they are looking for.

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar

Post imported post

Statesman wrote:

Glenn Beck said today, that he understood that most of the judges (SCOTUS) are just waiting for a good case to reverse these asinine commerce clause decisions. They've apparently been waiting for a "good" case to come along, and recent state resolutions on local firearm commerce may be the ones they are looking for.
    I hope that's true. I just find it hard to put my trust in the court where both the liberal and conservative justices fail to interpret the law based on the constitution and instead interpret it with agendas. The Heller decision was correct in the end, but they came about it for the wrong reasons.See if you can pick out the idiocy in this statement. In the dissent, Justice Breyer said: "In my view, there simply is no untouchable constitutional right guaranteed by the Second Amendment to keep loaded handguns in the house in crime-ridden urban areas."(DUH! this is where youneed them most!)In fact, the whole dissent basicallyconfirmed that they want to legislate from the bench. Even the majority worried about the "implications" of their decision, which is not theirs to worry about. There are grounds to impeach almost every justice on that court. All you need to do is read a couple of decisions.

Also dissapointing was that in drawing a parrallel to the English bill of rights; “That the subjects which are Protestants may have arms for their defense suitable to their conditions and as allowed by law.” they conluded that"shall not be infringed" meant common sense laws. WTF? The reason our founders put in "shall not be infringed" was because their arms were taken from them whilst they were "protected" by english law. They didn't want it to be up to a law to take them away ever again.

I guess this is where some of my lack of faith comes in.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Post imported post

Here's a link to the Glenn Beck transcript from today. He claims to be ADHD, and he does tend to ramble a bit... Of course, he's filling 3 hours of air time each day...

http://www.glennbeck.com/content/art...cle/198/25060/

TFred

Post imported post

MuellerBadener wrote:
    Flintlock wrote:
    GJD wrote:
    Unfortunately I don't have high hopes of that list including Colorado anytime soon

Post imported post

RockyMtnScotsman wrote:
    MuellerBadener wrote:
    Flintlock wrote:
    GJD wrote:
    Unfortunately I don't have high hopes of that list including Colorado anytime soon
    Then we'll just have to annex them! Manitoba too!

Post imported post

MuellerBadener wrote:
    RockyMtnScotsman wrote:
    MuellerBadener wrote:
    Flintlock wrote:
    GJD wrote:
    Then we'll just have to annex them! Manitoba too!
    I'd rather have Alberta over Manitoba. From spending a fair amt of time there on business, most of them would be OK with that too.